Sign in to follow this  
Gweredith

Ash Shuriken Augment Concept

An augment which allows Ash to 'channel' his first ability and the longer you channel it, the more the channeling cost increases. The benefit would be that, just like Banshee's old Resonating Quake, the longer you cast, the higher damage(or slash damage, or crit chance, etc.) the shurikens get (which has a cap, of course).

• Like 1

Hmmm.. how about an augment that allows him to remove enemy armor? Oh wait...

• Like 1

That could be interesting. It would give it a more unique use.

With Ash's speed and mobility being a big part of his kit it would definitely have to feel "active" though. Maybe something like Ember's 1, where you can hold to charge it while moving? I suppose it could fire off several, with increasing stats and frequency, until it reaches max allowed charge time.

47 minutes ago, DjKaplis said:

Hmmm.. how about an augment that allows him to remove enemy armor? Oh wait...

Useless comment. Warframes can have multiple augments per abilities.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Just gonna put this here...

Good for you managing to kill fodder with several ability casts which almost any warframe with a damaging ability can do.  The suggestion for the augment is in its pretty raw state and it requires downsides because slash is very strong right now. However, we are still waiting for the IPS changes so with them maybe the augment could require less restrictions. 

My main idea behind this concept was to allow for another way to play Ash aggressively that isn't just spinning around to mark enemies around you for the Bladestorm. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Gweredith:

Good for you managing to kill fodder with several ability casts which almost any warframe with a damaging ability can do.  The suggestion for the augment is in its pretty raw state and it requires downsides because slash is very strong right now. However, we are still waiting for the IPS changes so with them maybe the augment could require less restrictions. 

My main idea behind this concept was to allow for another way to play Ash aggressively that isn't just spinning around to mark enemies around you for the Bladestorm. 

Hardly any other ability got auto aim at multiple enemys, attacks trough walls and the damage aand dbuff potential of shurikens. Not only did i kill trash mobs but i did kill trash mobs with a frost, ignis ember and octavia in the squad. Not to mention that the build used here hardly conflicts with a high performance bs/invisibility build. 

Given that potential, it is allready possible to go without "spinning for bladestorm" in content where that kinda stuff is desirable in the first place. Just gotta build for it.

Useless thread. No warframe has multiple augments for any of it's abilities.

• Woah 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Hardly any other ability got auto aim at multiple enemys, attacks trough walls and the damage aand dbuff potential of shurikens. Not only did i kill trash mobs but i did kill trash mobs with a frost, ignis ember and octavia in the squad. Not to mention that the build used here hardly conflicts with a high performance bs/invisibility build. 

Given that potential, it is allready possible to go without "spinning for bladestorm" in content where that kinda stuff is desirable in the first place. Just gotta build for it.

There are countless combinations for what you could make this augment do, but the core, what I am  actually trying to suggest here, is to turn shurikens into a castable ability.

2 minutes ago, DjKaplis said:

Useless thread. No warframe has multiple augments for any of it's abilities.

Not a useless thread as I am actually trying to contribute to the development of the game and am providing actual ideas that could function, unlike a bitter sprog such as yourself who came here just to be cocky and pretend to be smart. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gweredith said:

Useless comment. Warframes can have multiple augments per abilities.

Warframes have never had multiple augments for abilities. They probably won't because of limited build space. 

Edited by (PS4)salovel1991

Well, thanks for playing but.. no. His current kit is great and current augment for his Shuriken is awesome. (Just my opinion tho)

Posted (edited)
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gweredith:

There are countless combinations for what you could make this augment do, but the core, what I am  actually trying to suggest here, is to turn shurikens into a castable ability.

Not a useless thread as I am actually trying to contribute to the development of the game and am providing actual ideas that could function, unlike a bitter sprog such as yourself who came here just to be cocky and pretend to be smart. 

Thing is it is quite castable... it's damage and firerate about equals old WoF (a little more then that even. Old WoF started at 400, ash's passive makes up for slash and it is finisher with a guaranteed chance after all) and the static 60m (!) range make it work like a charm on all kinda builds so long you maintan a basic level of duration... tho it is definitly at its best on max efficiency.

Made that video out of curiosity to the topic of another thread where people said that ash is a slow killer, probably refering to "bladestorm spinning" and anything below that.... filling a quota someone set: beein more effective at killing from afar then low level nuking meta frames in a level range between 40 and 100 and you know, shuriken does that job quite well. I set the build so i could transit into bladestorming (which i intentionally didn't, tho i had the opportunity to 1hko everything that came close) and it did support too in the end (the frost came out second).

Just try making spamming the living hell out of it a habbit. As a first ability, it definitly rivals what a few other well recieved frames have as theyr ultimate.

Replacing the armor drain with a turret function would simply remove the need to give input...it would have the downsides of a channeled ability (energy drain, restrictions, builds aso), it would give people a opportunity to afk him (bad. Very bad.) and it would arguably become a direct downgrade to what it currently is.

It would probably make sense as a second augument but it's as DjKaplis said.. that's not quite an option imo.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Applause 1