tprx

Alt account (bis)

Question

Posted (edited)

Sorry for bringing this topic back up, but after reading (DE)Aidan answer in another post:

Hey all,

Just coming here to lay this one to rest. As long as you uphold the previously discussed "no interaction between accounts" rules of creating an alt account, you are able to join the same Clan or Alliance as another account that you possess.

Thanks all!

Q: I was wondering, if you're alone in your clan, and you get someone to get in, invite your alt, then leave, you end up with both your accounts in the same clan. Now they won't interact with each other, but the alt account can now have access to all the research the main account did. Is that allowed? Ty in advance for your answer :)

Edited by tprx
made previous answer more easy to identify

10 answers to this question

For such borderline case, message support. I wouldnt 100% trust anything that is said in the thead if it isnt staff saying it.

20 minutes ago, tprx said:

Sorry for bringing this topic back up, but after reading (DE)Aidan answer in another post:

Hey all,

Just coming here to lay this one to rest. As long as you uphold the previously discussed "no interaction between accounts" rules of creating an alt account, you are able to join the same Clan or Alliance as another account that you possess.

Thanks all!

Q: I was wondering, if you're alone in your clan, and you get someone to get in, invite your alt, then leave, you end up with both your accounts in the same clan. Now they won't interact with each other, but the alt account can now have access to all the research the main account did. Is that allowed? Ty in advance for your answer 🙂

" you are able to join the same Clan or Alliance as another account that you possess " I fail to see the issue.

1 minute ago, nerfinator6 said:

" you are able to join the same Clan or Alliance as another account that you possess " I fail to see the issue.

I concur. 

I dont think its an issue as even with getting blueprints from the clan, you've still got to build stuff yourself. The main issue with alt accounts is people using them to farm 75% off plat discounts, then trading the plat, or buying items to trade then selling those items for plat. So when the say no interaction, its to prevent that from occurring.

1 minute ago, chaotea said:

I dont think its an issue as even with getting blueprints from the clan, you've still got to build stuff yourself. The main issue with alt accounts is people using them to farm 75% off plat discounts, then trading the plat, or buying items to trade then selling those items for plat. So when the say no interaction, its to prevent that from occurring.

So farming ascension endo with an alt and help a friend level mods is fine? that's interesting.

20 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

So farming ascension endo with an alt and help a friend level mods is fine? that's interesting.

Well, as long as you dont trade the stuff you earn between profiles (even indirectly) it should be fine.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think the primary thing DE is trying to avoid with the no interactions clause is to curb people who would start a bazillion accounts to essentially farm the 75% off plat daily tribute and then trade that plat to their main account. 

So as long as your accounts aren't trading with each other they generally don't care. 

Edited by Oreades

2 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Well, this is an interesting bit of news.  Thanks for the heads up OP

Posted (edited)

How is alt account stuff enforced?

Me and my brother tried to play together the other day and we were always unable to connect when we try to enter a mission.  No problem with others.   I felt like the game had some problem or actively prevented it since we we're of course in the same house using the same internet connection?

Edit: Also, it was quite a pain finally being able to post here.  The Steam account really doesn't play well with site/forum account it seems?

Edited by Kingsmount