Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop encouraging cheesing in elite onslaught

Ldezzer

Just now, failedtodiet said:

ESO is actually Entirely Saryn's Onslaught. Lets just hope new system requirement changes will allow DE to increase spawn rate in normal missions so we can have fun killing hordes outside of ESO. 

Yeah, i really had high hopes for sanctuary onslaught, but its elite mode is nearly impossible to do without specific meta frames/weapons. I guess i'll rather do regular counterpart to not totally burn out

vor 1 Minute schrieb Ldezzer:

i am NOT against the meta - im against meta being the ONLY way to get rewards from this gamemod

You are contradicting your own screenshot. Quite obviously you got the rewards from this gamemode.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Ldezzer:

Meta makes people burn out, especially in game with no linear progression like warframe : i want to improve in every single way, and always play with different frames/weapons maxing their potential. Why should i punished?

You weren't punished, you beat zone 8. That is the last reward before starting at Rotation A again.

21 minutes ago, Ldezzer said:

Tell me, why i should stick to the meta in a gamemode that was supposed to be here for fun?

This is not Bere - i want it to be difficult, but not so much that i can only complete it with cheesing

There normal onslaught for player who want to have fun, elite about killing stuff quickly for better rewards.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

You are contradicting your own screenshot. Quite obviously you got the rewards from this gamemode.

You weren't punished, you beat zone 8. That is the last reward before starting at Rotation A again.

Yeah, but what effort it costed - we barely manage to get it, efficiency was ticking down at extreme rate, and we had only 5% left at the last seconds, instakilling everything possible to not lose the reward at the last seconds. That wasn't fun to race against the clock running around seeking enemies

26 minutes ago, Ldezzer said:

Yeah, but i used my best gear - max modded frame, max modded weapons, and yet we were barely successful to reach zone 8

Because the Lenz isn't DPS. It's burst damage. Use actual DPS instead of relying on wooooo look-at-my-huge-numbers-doing-5000%-of-this-enemy's-HP-pool.

Stop using burst damage weapons in Elite mode.

Round hole, meet square peg. You are complaining about being punished for trying to use a screwdriver when the job clearly calls for a sledgehammer. You have a HUGE tool box in this game. Use the right tool for the job, or come to terms with the fact that you are just making things more difficult for yourself.

I've done arguing with you all - if you think that meta is the only solution for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, then its your own opinion. I was forced to do that for lato and braton vandals, but i do not want to continue it anymore - this mode just isn't worth the effort with all flaws that encourage cheesing.

Gerade eben schrieb Ldezzer:

Yeah, but what effort it costed - we barely manage to get it, efficiency was ticking down at extreme rate, and we had only 5% left at the last seconds, instakilling everything possible to not lose the reward at the last seconds. That wasn't fun to race against the clock running around seeking enemies

Your are contradicting yourself again: you were not instakilling everything because your efficiency wouldn't be that low. Also I thought you wanted the challenge and you got just that and even managed to pull through. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb DiosGX:

Stop using burst damage weapons in Elite mode.

Equinox just can't help it man.

37 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Wasn't ESO an answer to the people asking for difficult endgame content to test their "skill" and their equipment because everything else was too easy?

ESO does not require skill at all. All you do is spam 4 on Equinox or 1 on Saryn. It is nothing but a cheese fest so DE has an excuse to nerf bunch of Warframes.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

il y a 38 minutes, NullSaint a dit :

Wasn't ESO an answer to the people asking for difficult endgame content to test their "skill" and their equipment because everything else was too easy?

Don't know where you get that from (the "test their "skill" part"), though as you said it's suppose to be some kind of "endgame" but it's actually a tribute to meta and nuke (when you want to go above 8 waves) Nothing to do with difficulty and even less with fun 

Edited by Syln

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

ESO does not require skill at all. All you do is spam 4 on Equinox or 1 on Saryn. It is nothing but a cheese fest so DE has an excuse to nerf bunch of Warframes.

First, I didn't say it required skill. I put skill in quotes to signify that it doesn't.

Second, DE doesn't need an excuse to do anything. It is their game. They could change the function of things at any time, for any reason.

Third, the changes to Saryn actually made her better in Onslaught, so....

2 minutes ago, Syln said:

Don't know where you get that from (the "test their "skill" part"), though as you said it's suppose to be some kind of "endgame" but it's actually a tribute to meta and nuke (when you want to go above 8 waves) Nothing to do with difficulty and even less with fun 

OP said it was too difficult. And I didn't say it had anything to do with fun. I said some people think it has something to do with skill, but that is not true.

12 minutes ago, Ldezzer said:

i am NOT against the meta - im against meta being the ONLY way to get rewards from this gamemod

I am totally ok with volt, saryn and their AoE nukes, i did elite sanctuary onslaught in a premade DPS volt EV trin Buff rhino and Equinox squad, and i wanted to play in pub with mirage prime atleast once to mix things up, and i've got punished for not using a frame that can instakill stuff through the wall across the whole map in a seconds.

Meta makes people burn out, especially in game with no linear progression like warframe : i want to improve in every single way, and always play with different frames/weapons maxing their potential. Why should i punished?

No, and No. Firstly, meta is not the only way to get the rewards, it gets you MORE rewards and makes everything easier, you can choose to use your fun frame to do it, proven by how you went to zone 9, which means you completed a full rotation, albeit slower, and more difficult. You are not "punished" at all, you simply reached your setups maximum potential.

"i want to improve in every single way, and always play with different frames/weapons maxing their potential" then you should realize that each frames have their own diffrent limits and maximum potential, You are making it seem like everybody should be able to reach the zone in which saryn can with an EV trinity.

You are pondering on something that every game like warframe suffers.

vor 1 Minute schrieb NullSaint:

OP said it was too difficult. And I didn't say it had anything to do with fun. I said some people think it has something to do with skill, but that is not true.

To me ESO is a lot of fun because we finally get to use our super powerful gear in a meaningful way.

1 minute ago, Ldezzer said:

I've done arguing with you all - if you think that meta is the only solution for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, then its your own opinion. I was forced to do that for lato and braton vandals, but i do not want to continue it anymore - this mode just isn't worth the effort with all flaws that encourage cheesing.

No. You are asking DE to homogenize the strengths and weaknesses of all the frames and weapons in the game in order to make all of them equally viable in every scenario. If they did that, it would remove all player agency, period. There would be no point in having 36 different frames, or hundreds of differently functioning weapons.

Gerade eben schrieb sleep:

No, and No. Firstly, meta is not the only way to get the rewards, it gets you MORE rewards and makes everything easier, you can choose to use your fun frame to do it, proven by how you went to zone 9, which means you completed a full rotation, albeit slower, and more difficult. You are not "punished" at all, you simply reached your setups maximum potential.

He wasn't even slower because the Zones all have a fixed runtime.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

To me ESO is a lot of fun because we finally get to use our super powerful gear in a meaningful way.

I can see how it would be enjoyable for some, and think that is fantastic. It's not for me, but I'm just one tenno, and things really shouldn't be built around my gameplay preferences.

You weren't "forced" to do anything.

49 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

No, Onslaught was originally going to be Dark Sectors related but they scraped the clan aspect of it and said screw it here's a new gamemode.

Edited by SirWolfen

il y a 1 minute, sh00chu a dit :

No. You are asking DE to homogenize the strengths and weaknesses of all the frames and weapons in the game in order to make all of them equally viable in every scenario. If they did that, it would remove all player agency, period. There would be no point in having 36 different frames, or hundreds of differently functioning weapons.

What nonsense are you talking about ? oO the op asked to lower the drain rate and nothing else.

This is not an issue of "meta being the only solution", this is a matter of you asking DE to balance things around your wonky playstyle.
Rethink your strategy, rethink your build, consider your team's composition, then try again.
The first 6 zones are a cakewalk. It's the "final" two ones where things get tight, and you managed to beat them even with that terrible composition of yours.

How exactly is this catering to the meta/cheese mentality?

13 minutes ago, Ldezzer said:

NOBODY said meta is the only solution for ESO, youre making it seem so YOURSELF. If you want to be efficient, use meta, if you want to have fun, use your fun frame, It has always been like this since the beginning of all Looter games.

This whole arguement is like you wanting to farm Oxium efficiently, with a Limbo, but wants to get as much as a Nekros could get.

2 minutes ago, Syln said:

What nonsense are you talking about ? oO the op asked to lower the drain rate and nothing else.

Do I really need to explain this to you? Really? OP is asking for a lower drain rate because his team setup was just bad and couldn't get the job done like if they'd used a more optimal setup. Hence, what is really being asked for here is to make it so that all frames can perform at the same level in this game mode. The drain rate isn't the problem. It's people insisting on not bringing the right tool for the job.

20 minutes ago, SirWolfen said:

No, Onslaught was originally going to be Dark Sectors related but they scraped the clan aspect of it and said screw it here's a new gamemode.

"...a new gamemode" to provide a way to test your abilities/builds by seeing how far you can get in 20 minutes. So, exactly what I said. And then they tacked a leaderboard onto it, for good measure.

Edited by NullSaint