Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop encouraging cheesing in elite onslaught

Ldezzer

50 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I actually think it is good that there is a game mode for AoE mass murder. Not every mode is for every playstyle. If anything I think DE should embrace different game modes have different niches more, not making everything a one-size-fits-all. To this point, more game modes should be brought up to the level of ESO in terms of rewards.

*glares at Kuva Survival being a sad excuse for "rewarding" endurance*

You think the rewards from this mode are good....huh.

And you have totally missed the point on kuva survival. Its has nothing to do with endurance. Its intended to fill a gap when the flood and siphon missions are expired or you want a change of pace.

If it scaled there would be little reason to do the flood and siphon thus wasting a game mode.

Back on point. This mode is pointless IMO after you get the crappy weapons. Yes you need  a great riven to make the lato even worth the time.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

And you have totally missed the point on kuva survival. Its has nothing to do with endurance. Its intended to fill a gap when the flood and siphon missions are expired or you want a change of pace.

Oh, I did not miss the point. I just think that it is BS that endurance runners can't have one single fudging node where we can be happy and be ENCOURAGED to endure. Ya know, like how Onslaught encourages AoE, Exterminate encourages speed, Defense encourages being territorial. But noooo... we can't have a single node on the map to encourage endurance, that would "make a bad meta".

10 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

If it scaled there would be little reason to do the flood and siphon thus wasting a game mode.

No, false, wrong, stop it. If Kuva scaled infinity forever, yeah, but I and the majority of others were not asking for that. The simple, easy solution is to have the drops start at 50 Kuva and scale up to 350 or 400 (I'd have to do the math again, its been awhile) by 50 per siphon. This would make it so it is inefficient to go for 10 min (which is the Kuva Survival meta as it stands) but only become actually rewarding if you endure. All I want is for the meta on one node to be endurance, but apparently that is not okay.

I really, really don't want to get into the debate about this again because I am still super salty about it. There was so much straw-man and misrepresentation in those debates.

And just because it is crappy for you does not mean it is crappy. Congratulations, you don't find value in Radiant relics, I (and many others) do.

Edited by DrBorris

il y a 16 minutes, sh00chu a dit :

OP is asking for a lower drain rate because his team setup was just bad

So basically a "good" setup is something that can wipe the map instantly every 2-3 sec ? Because that's what is asked in higher waves and if that's what you called good tool for the good job, i'll call your tool cheesy and you job S#&$ty (and badly designed)

Anyway this statement was wrong :

il y a 40 minutes, sh00chu a dit :

You are asking DE to homogenize the strengths and weaknesses of all the frames and weapons in the game in order to make all of them equally viable in every scenario.

And this one is closer to truth but still wrong :

il y a 29 minutes, sh00chu a dit :

what is really being asked for here is to make it so that all frames can perform at the same level in this game mode.

I'll rephrase it : What is really being asked for here is to make it so that all frames can perform in this game mode without having an abysmal gape between meta and other setup.

The only way to do so without buffing/nerfing warframes or completly change the way this game mode work is to reduce the absurd drain we get.in higher waves.

11 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Oh, I did not miss the point. I just think that it is BS that endurance runners can't have one single fudging node where we can be happy and be ENCOURAGED to endure. Ya know, like how Onslaught encourages AoE, Exterminate encourages speed, Defense encourages being territorial. But noooo... we can't have a single node on the map to encourage endurance, that would "make a bad meta".

No, false, wrong, stop it. If Kuva scaled infinity forever, yeah, but I and the majority of others were not asking for that. The simple, easy solution is to have the drops start at 50 Kuva and scale up to 350 or 400 (I'd have to do the math again, its been awhile) by 50 per siphon. This would make it so it is inefficient to go for 10 min (which is the Kuva Survival meta as it stands) but only become actually rewarding if you endure. All I want is for the meta on one node to be endurance, but apparently that is not okay.

I really, really don't want to get into the debate about this again because I am still super salty about it. There was so much straw-man and misrepresentation in those debates.

And just because it is crappy for you does not mean it is crappy. Congratulations, you don't find value in Radiant relics, I (and many others) do.

Sorry but there were countless threads about the relics being in the table And sorry right now your coming off as a player that only cares about the rewards and not the actual game. Another give me more because i can go longer guy. If you truly want to test your endurance why does a reward even matter? The reward is the time spent.

So sorry not buying any of your whines..

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

1 hour ago, NullSaint said:

First, I didn't say it required skill. I put skill in quotes to signify that it doesn't.

Second, DE doesn't need an excuse to do anything. It is their game. They could change the function of things at any time, for any reason.

Third, the changes to Saryn actually made her better in Onslaught, so....

They've wanted to have an excuse after how violently people reacted to the vacuum nerf when the universal vacuum mod was added for all sentinels.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They've wanted to have an excuse after how violently people reacted to the vacuum nerf when the universal vacuum mod was added for all sentinels.

It must be an incredible honor to be the only telepath on the planet.