Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth alternate fire

Lannen

I was discussing this with some people on discord and the idea was brought up to make a slight change to the Corinth's air burst alt fire. Not that the weapon needs love right now, it's a great broomstick, but it was a cool idea so I thought I'd share. 

The best idea thrown around I think was; what if you could hold down alternate fire for a second and get a holographic overlay showing roughly where the shell will detonate and a rough blast radius.

This would not change the power of the weapon at all, it would just add a little versatility, and some added flare/flavor. You can either spam air burst exactly as you can right now if you're comfortable with the range of it or just want to blanket an area, or you can choose to cook the round and make it count but you reduce your own rate of fire because of the delay of holding and aiming. 

Anyhow, just a little idea, feel free to ignore me or - preferably - rain your completely undeserved praise upon me. 

22 hours ago, Lannen said:

I was discussing this with some people on discord and the idea was brought up to make a slight change to the Corinth's air burst alt fire. Not that the weapon needs love right now, it's a great broomstick, but it was a cool idea so I thought I'd share. 

The best idea thrown around I think was; what if you could hold down alternate fire for a second and get a holographic overlay showing roughly where the shell will detonate and a rough blast radius.

This would not change the power of the weapon at all, it would just add a little versatility, and some added flare/flavor. You can either spam air burst exactly as you can right now if you're comfortable with the range of it or just want to blanket an area, or you can choose to cook the round and make it count but you reduce your own rate of fire because of the delay of holding and aiming. 

Anyhow, just a little idea, feel free to ignore me or - preferably - rain your completely undeserved praise upon me. 

I was JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS 

• 2 months later...

Digging this out because I just came off a session with it, testing my new riven, and I agree it needs changing.

The general idea of a weapon that punishes you for being accurate is illogical to me.
The enemies hit with airburst should either have it explode or contact, or better yet, fly back with it, boltor-style, and then explode in a gory mess.

If it's an issue of balance however, I'm fine with just having OP's initial idea of a holographic display.

And as a sidenote, two more things I'd like to have changed for the weapon:

• Slightly increased firerate, because you really can feel the downtime between shots.
  • More importantly than above, airburst stats swapped from status to crit, because making alternate fire using different stats from the primary fire (hello Euphona) essentially makes half a weapon nearly useless with our current mod system.