[DE]Danielle

Where is Update 23!? [LIVE]

Just now, Caliboom said:

Pretty much this. The fact that there's so many people whiteknighting irritates me. DE promised us it would be this week. The fact that they said "our aim is still this week" means they're unsure and that it won't end up being this week.

I wont be counting saturday or sunday as this week. Which it wont even come out in. 

Just now, SnivicDelta said:

You expect to much. It like most updates, will be broken to all hell.

I don't care how much gets broken I just want my mission to save mom to be clean ; _ ;

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Naikaus said:

cut them some slack, they have been doing there best to bring this to us, there just doing quality checks and making sure that we dont get front loaded with bugs. DE take your time im excited and good luck on your release.

Well, it's not as much about today or not today as about announcing at E3 «it's coming this week» and then announcing «this week is still our aim!» in the middle of the week. Former makes you confident and think DE are doing final polish things while the latter one, acknowledging past updates, screams «meanwhile in DE office»:

giphy.gif

:clem:

Edited by Thundervision
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Hectalva said:

I wont be counting saturday or sunday as this week. Which it wont even come out in. 

Based on the Calendar DE and pretty much everyone else in the West uses, Saturday is still this week. Sunday is the start of the week. So DE still has 3 days.

• Upvote 1

Was hoping for today, but any time invested in making the quest all prim and proper is worth the wait.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

How about we just stop all the white-knighting and the "take your time" posts? The mere fact that they said they are AIMING for this week is extremely frustrating. Why in the world did they announce on E3, a rather important show, that the update comes this week, yet the update isn't even ready to the point of being deployed? I personally don't care about Excalibur Umbra but I know many people do.

This is going to be extremely embarrassing for the dev team after having it announced so openly for this week while it might not actually come this week, may John Prodman have mercy on your souls.

Hey, if some people want to be more decent than others just let it happen. The world does not benefit from people getting upset over their own assumptions and word choice. If an unexpected bug stops them from deploying this week then it'll happen. If not, just wait like always.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

It's not white-knighting, it's being courteous.  You try working on a game, at a game studio, on an update hyped more than most games nowadays.  Have some god damn faith and patience.  If it doesn't come out this week, it doesn't come out this week.  At least they haven't been teasing it for over 10-11 years with false promises for a certain third installment from a certain company, cough.  If people saying that we should be patient is 'white knighting' and irritating, y'all really don't have enough problems in life.  DE owes us nothing.  Having a game this great and it being FREE isn't a liberty, it's a service, so they can postpone it all they want without a guilty conscience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 8

Just now, Godin_The_Killer said:

Based on the Calendar DE and pretty much everyone else in the West uses, Saturday is still this week. Sunday is the start of the week. So DE still has 3 days.

Not what i meant. I already know the update is going to be gamebreaking. Like onslaught. Which is why wednesday would have been perfect. Friday is when we would get to play the update. Saturday and sunday would basically be bug fixing. Because you and i both know they arent done with the quest and are just trying to make up excuses.

• Upvote 2

Since there will be a new user interface, will there be a new hud? It's the same since 2014

Just now, Kurokoz said:

over their own assumptions and word choice

It’s DE’s words.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Guys, they told us "this week".

I know we're all Reb's children, but they didn't specify "tomorrow", so let's try our best and be patient.

There will be sacrifices for everyone 😄

Edited by Northstar-
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, UnknownShifter said:

It's not white-knighting, it's being courteous.  You try working on a game, at a game studio, on an update hyped more than most games nowadays.  Have some god damn faith and patience.  If it doesn't come out this week, it doesn't come out this week.  At least they haven't been teasing it for over 10-11 years with false promises for a certain third installment from a certain company, cough.  If people saying that we should be patient is 'white knighting' and irritating, y'all really don't have enough problems in life.  DE owes us nothing.  Having a game this great and it being FREE isn't a liberty, it's a service, so they can postpone it all they want without a guilty conscience.

Faith? Na, I'll pass. Patience and evidence-based reasoning, now that I can get behind.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

21 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Please also avoid using the following title pattern – "(Spoiler) Title that spoils the quest".

Like (Spoiler) Teshin takes it in the chest and his consciousness transferred to an excalibro frame and goes full rage beast mode and crashes the server in protest. LOL
Note: just one of my many theories... 

SO, 6hrs until reset, that could still be today for some of us! 😄 lol

As much as I want it now, I think it will follow the same schedule as Update 22.18, so they have to work on hotfixes with a weekend skeleton crew! 😄 better excitement value! lol

tbh monday would be the best so they have time to fix the bugs

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

The true sacrifice was clearly the sacrifice of patience.

Edited by MemeCataclysm
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hectalva said:

Not what i meant. I already know the update is going to be gamebreaking. Like onslaught. Which is why wednesday would have been perfect. Friday is when we would get to play the update. Saturday and sunday would basically be bug fixing. Because you and i both know they arent done with the quest and are just trying to make up excuses.

I don't know that because I haven't touched it. You're assuming things that you don't actually know. I'd quit that, it makes you look cringy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kurokoz said:

Hey, if some people want to be more decent than others just let it happen. The world does not benefit from people getting upset over their own assumptions and word choice. If an unexpected bug stops them from deploying this week then it'll happen. If not, just wait like always.

Honestly, the only fact that's bothering me right now is that they're just "aiming" for this week. If they are certain it's gonna come this week, as we saw at E3, why didn't they say "it's not coming today, but it's still coming this week"?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

I wonder when people will realize that if they complain about getting it earlier, we'll just end up with a broken mess again... *cough* plains of eidolon *cough* 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Northstar- said:

Guys, they told us "this week".

I know we're all Reb's children, but they didn't specify "tomorrow", so let's try our best and be patient.

There will be sacrifices for everyone 😄

I demand a hug from space mom, both ingame and out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey, Here comes the flame wars.... I don't understand some people how were hopping for today when there wasnt any tease for today... they said this week which means there are 4 days more.. So stop crying and just play something else go out watch a movie. It makes more logic to launch it on Friday, because most people will be home from school and work, So would be perfect time to make it happen also to have some time to polish some bugs and etc. So please sit tight and stop crying it will come i am sure will be this week. :clem:

Just now, Godin_The_Killer said:

I don't know that because I haven't touched it. You're assuming things that you don't actually know. I'd quit that, it makes you look cringy.

Dude. Look at DE. It doesnt take days to fix bugs. 

• Applause 2

1 minute ago, UnknownShifter said:

No, they have just been teasing us and egging us on for 3 years now for a single quest/frame. There is a time the be courteous and nice about something and they blew that time years ago. Plus for a small company like DE to make a claim like that at E3 (Which is the biggest game convention right now) and not delivering is basically career suicide. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1