[DE]Danielle

Where is Update 23!? [LIVE]

2 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

Yet people like you will forget all about it, even if it drops next week

I still haven't forgot the S#&$ty state specters of the rail was released in and still haven't forgot the repeated DElay's with the war within, so what makes you think I'll just drop this one.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Half of the people are upset because they assumed it would be today and the other half are upset over the connotations of the word "aim"

True.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

8 minutes ago, UnknownShifter said:

It's not white-knighting, it's being courteous.  You try working on a game, at a game studio, on an update hyped more than most games nowadays.  Have some god damn faith and patience.  If it doesn't come out this week, it doesn't come out this week.  At least they haven't been teasing it for over 10-11 years with false promises for a certain third installment from a certain company, cough.  If people saying that we should be patient is 'white knighting' and irritating, y'all really don't have enough problems in life.  DE owes us nothing.  Having a game this great and it being FREE isn't a liberty, it's a service, so they can postpone it all they want without a guilty conscience.

I get what you mean, but they are false advertising. I get both parties because I would love to play the quest and get hands on the new operator stuff. I can wait knowing it will come this week. Only when they say they are aiming for then I find it crappy on their end. Imo you can only announce something to release in that week if it's ready for launch. They shouldn't be tweaking everything still. I never worked for a game developer, so I'm not going to say they are slacking because I love their game. I only don't get why they try to promise something and then try to take that promise back. If they were able to manage the hype until this date then just keep your mouth shut until you are going to release it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SnivicDelta said:

I still haven't forgot the S#&$ty state specters of the rail was released in and still haven't forgot the repeated DElay's with the war within, so what makes you think I'll just drop this one.

mmmmhummmm

1 minute ago, SnivicDelta said:

This whole statement still doesn't bring me ease. Your intent doesn't really matter when you go to a big convention like E3 and say it's coming this week and then turn around and say you have some doubts, It makes you come off as disingenuous and that is not a good look. 

JFC could you be more melodramatic? Do you think they don't want to deliver it? Do you think they just want to keep it to themselves? They want it released as much as we do. 

Calm down. Have some tea (decaf). Maybe take a walk. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Just now, TimmetjeLemmens said:

I get what you mean, but they are false advertising. I get both parties because I would love to play the quest and get hands on the new operator stuff. I can wait knowing it will come this week. Only when they say they are aiming for then I find it crappy on their end. Imo you can only announce something to release in that week if it's ready for launch. They shouldn't be tweaking everything still. I never worked for a game developer, so I'm not going to say they are slacking because I love their game. I only don't get why they try to promise something and then try to take that promise back. If they were able to manage the hype until this date then just keep your mouth shut until you are going to release it.

Like you said, that's entirely your opinion. Others, like myself, like to hear updates.

• Like 1

Just now, --Eizif-- said:

lets put the hype back to the trash bin, when it arrives, it arrives. in the meantime....

I ain't got jack all to do, I have to wait for the MR fodder to be done cooking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimmetjeLemmens said:

This is not false advertising. They said it is coming this week. This week is not over. Come back on Sunday if it hasn't been delivered and then complain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

Like you said, that's entirely your opinion. Others, like myself, like to hear updates.

That's cool, I just don't like it that's it. Not going to whine about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

-snip-

I understand that this must be a frustrating thread to read. It's not encouraging to see this much salt. Keep it professional, don't let it get to you.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

I ain't got jack all to do, I have to wait for the MR fodder to be done cooking.

Did you already farm all the ducats for Baro during Tennocon, or are you not going on a shopping spree?

giphy.gif

Edited by NullSaint
  • Like 3

i agree i like to know when things happen, whats going on, and when there shipping it. time constrants are not with in coding. they litterally have to code everything to work. and that takes time. 

• Like 1

My hat is off to the developers that want to release quality content over quantity content quickly. Too often in the current gaming industry, we see games pushed ahead of schedule that are buggy and unfinished, and im glad that the development team at DE strive for a smooth release and a (mostly) bug free game! Much love, DE!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

If you accurately recall, yes we shipped Beasts of the Sanctuary on a Friday, but the DE team worked literally all weekend doing Hotfixes. We try to avoid shipping Updates on a Friday, but we also dislike making our players wait. 

Which is why we post these threads to inform you of the current pulse of Updates.

The Sacrifice is not coming today, but we are very confident on shipping this week. We always have aims/goals that we strive towards, and we are more determined than ever to ship it this week. 

We publicly said 'This Week' and we intend to stick to that. You can guarantee that you will hear from us tomorrow on another pulse check.

We appreciate your patience with us as always. There is nothing quite like the encouragement of the Warframe community to really fuel our late nights and push us to deliver.

can you also give us End of the day updates also 😄 Please,the hype is killing us here.

This entire thread is people complaining about the update being delayed and people complaining about people complaining about the update being delayed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 7

53 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Preparing UPDATE 23

Megan announced on the PC Gaming Show at E3 that The Sacrifice will be coming to PC this week.

It is not launching today, but this week is still our aim! 

The Second Dream and War Within Quests added a couple notches to our belts, but a cinematic quest with such great anticipation requires a lot of love and quality checks. So with bated breath, the DE team excitingly continues to work away on bringing you Update 23: The Sacrifice.

Preparing for THE SACRIFICE

In the meantime, if you still have yet to complete The Second Dream, The War Within, Chains of Harrow, or the Apostasy Prologue quests, now is the time! They are required to start The Sacrifice. Checking those boxes will allow you to jump right into the cinematic experience when the update launches. 

You can also check out The Sacrifice hubsite to get a sneak peak at what Update 23 is bringing: https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice/info

Preparing for SPOILERS

This is also a good time to remind everyone on our Forums to be mindful of spoiling the quest for others. We want everyone to be able to fully experience the Quest for themselves. PC players who aren’t able to play the quest right away and console players who will be receiving the update at a later date would sure appreciate your efforts.

To help prevent spoilers, please use a tag in your thread titles and spoiler boxes in the content of your posts for Quest related topics. For example:

Title: The Sacrifice has me shook 

“I just finished playing The Sacrifice Quest and I have so many thoughts to share”

[spoiler box]
“Spoiler content goes here”

Community Moderators will be adding Spoiler tags to threads who require them, and may hide threads if needed. 

Thank you, Tenno...

Thank you to Lua and back for your support. It’s crazy to think we’ve made not one, not two, but three cinematic quests that dive deeper into Warframe. We have been so lucky to

52 minutes ago, XAmanoYukiteru said:

So... it's today ? 

The Sacrifice is not coming today, but we are very confident on shipping this week. We always have aims/goals that we strive towards, and we are more determined than ever to ship it this week. 

You should read it again

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TimmetjeLemmens said:

That's cool, I just don't like it that's it. Not going to whine about it.

Then don't read them. Problem solved vov

• Applause 1