Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optionals Objectives

Azvalk

Hi '-'
i would like to talk about the optionals objectives, those for affinity bonus.
There are 2 problems with those.
1) The optional objectif doesn't take into account the type of mission.
For exemple, "hack a console", in a defense mission.. <.<
2) Sometimes, it doesn't work..
For exemple "find a mod", "kill 20 ennemis with pistol", it happen that those 2, and other I don't remember, doesn't work..

The optional objectives are particularly taken seriously by the new players, so seeing them do not work or be impossible to accomplish can be very frustrating.

So, I kwow it's not a priority, it's not a blocking bug, but it has been a while since optionals objectives are in the game, no ?
So, this 2 little problems should be fixed, for consider the optionals objectives feature "finished" 😃

Edited by Azvalk

In all my 5 years playing and even in the original objectives, then the removal and reintroduction of them, I have NEVER experienced one not working.

The problem with impossible to complete ones is almost exclusive to Archwing missions.  Slide Kills, Secondary and Hacking are impossible there - pretty much the only other time one is impossible is Hacker in PoE and Defense missions.  It would be a small change at best, just a couple lines of code to determine the mission type at hand to fix.   

The ones not working is exclusive to clients, they all work fine if you are soloing or hosting, my friends and I have tested this a few different ways. I would definitely like to see it fixed, but I also think if they are going to be looking at these at all it would be cool to give them a bit of an update as well as just bug fixes. Some of the objectives are way more interesting/challenging than others and could probably be reworked a bit. And it would be cool if they refreshed occasionally in long endless missions, like a new objective every 10 minutes in survival as long as you completed the last one or something along those lines. Bonus objective 2.0 anyone?

42 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

- pretty much the only other time one is impossible is Hacker in PoE

There are some consoles (they're on the little column things dotted around, and Eidolon lures) that can be hacked, so that's not impossible.

As for OP, I remember numerous occasions where kills with specific_weapon objectives didn't take kills into account, the cause of such oddities is likely due to be being a client in a squad which hasn't got great connection, I'd suspect. 

As for @ManFromMars' suggestion about refreshing objectives, I like that. Expansion on this is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Perhaps for every side-objective completed, a new, more complex one comes up with more affinity reward, which keeps going and then resets both the affinity reward and the difficulty before it becomes a Riven challenge in and of itself. If the challenge can't be completed (i.e: hacking/slide-kills in Archwing/stealth kills in Archwing/finishers in Archwing, etc...) then there should be an option in the pause menu to re-roll the side-objective, which has a 10 minute cooldown as to be impervious to abuse; re-rolling objectives should reset the difficulty and affinity reward.

I wouldnt call them Secondary Objectives, more like Bonus Objectives.

I have played for long, it does frustrate a bit in some missions when the objective cant be completed but i havent had issues of them not completing since 2013.

And regarding actuall secondary objectives, i wish there was more of them for more mission types, like M-Def missions caches but that required you to kill specific mob types in certain room area of the map or collect an X number of certain item that would be hidden like Syndicate medals.