Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Lunaro World Cup Competition

IAmTheFutureFlash

hi,

world cup 2018 is today, and I thought about... what if warframe have a lunaro world cup every year? like a competition between clans best lunaro players and the winners get a world cup decoration for the clan

since almost nobody plays pvp or lunaro, making this competition every year will make players love to play this games

The main problem is that probably 4 of the 6 existing Lunaro players are in the same clan, and the other 2 are just friends that made their own clan together to play Lunaro. So it would just be one match to decide the championship.

1 minute ago, Lannen said:

The main problem is that probably 4 of the 6 existing Lunaro players are in the same clan, and the other 2 are just friends that made their own clan together to play Lunaro. So it would just be one match to decide the championship.

More people play it, and the people who do are extremely dedicated. Check the leaderboards.

2 minutes ago, Lannen said:

every clan makes a competition inside the clan and the best players will win and be chosen to play the lunaro world cup against other clans, and the lunaro match will take weeks or months ranking the winners to the final match and also the final match could be in the tennocon with a lot of people + DE staff watching the competition and after one of the clans win the match, DE will give them rewards in tennocon and also a world cup clan decoration as a symbol of honor

no one play lunaro let's be real, already find 2 people to play with is impossible, is more fast farm equinox than have have a match on lunaro... a match 2 against 1 most of the time, pvp in general is bad, is a jump simulator with weapon and ability so alterated is almost a different game... some cinese knock off or somenthing, if the put rule on lunaro for give a point to the enemy team every time you hit an enemy without the ball 2 time than maybe, because right now is just one player stun the enemy all the time and the other score easy.

pvp need to remove all the bullet jump and stuff like that, is just not working and the proof is how empty that part of the game is, make people forced to use cover and with no warframe ability, not jump around like maniac can be good for make people say " you know what? let's try it out, can be nice somenthig actually different in this game" right now is not even close to be barely decent, just a  broken crappy and lazy made mod full of exca who can stun and instan kill and weapon like that, why even bother play somenthing so lame?

and before you go defend this crappy mode with all your streght... pvp in warframe is dead period, and change it is the only way for make people even take it under consideration, is quite similar to the raid, is there and 2% of people kinda care... but most don't even know is a thing and when they try it,.... the quit the game... and for good reason.

My biggest concern is who is hosting? The major issue in Lunaro is ping and whoever is hosting, or whoever has better ping to a server has a somewhat advantage (unless people are exploiting bad connections which is possible for a p2p connection based pvp mode). 

I think it would be a lot of fun, but the hosting and squads would have to be addressed.

12 minutes ago, Chromaticasy said:

and before you go defend this crappy mode with all your streght... pvp in warframe is dead period, and change it is the only way for make people even take it under consideration, is quite similar to the raid, is there and 2% of people kinda care... but most don't even know is a thing and when they try it,.... the quit the game... and for good reason.

Just because a minority of people enjoy something, does not make it worthy of removal or make it "dead". I also doubt people quit because they got beat in Conclave. Conclave is a small niche of content due to the game being primarily PvE. I dislike every part of conclave that isn't Lunaro, and I still respect those who enjoy it. I think promoting the game mode would be healthy. Similar to how Tenno Without Borders showed speedrunning Trials, a Lunaro tournament could get some publicity and hopefully interest players into acquiring the skill of the gamemode.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

52 minutes ago, Chromaticasy said:

no one play lunaro let's be real, already find 2 people to play with is impossible, is more fast farm equinox than have have a match on lunaro... a match 2 against 1 most of the time, pvp in general is bad, is a jump simulator with weapon and ability so alterated is almost a different game... some cinese knock off or somenthing, if the put rule on lunaro for give a point to the enemy team every time you hit an enemy without the ball 2 time than maybe, because right now is just one player stun the enemy all the time and the other score easy.

pvp need to remove all the bullet jump and stuff like that, is just not working and the proof is how empty that part of the game is, make people forced to use cover and with no warframe ability, not jump around like maniac can be good for make people say " you know what? let's try it out, can be nice somenthig actually different in this game" right now is not even close to be barely decent, just a  broken crappy and lazy made mod full of exca who can stun and instan kill and weapon like that, why even bother play somenthing so lame?

Here are some reasons why you're wrong.

Spoiler

1. People do play Lunaro, check the leaderboards as I said in my previous post.

2. The match won't start if there are more people on one team than the other.

3. "pvp in general is bad" is an opinion. Also, this whole game is a jump simulator. How can the game be a Chinese knockoff if it is the game itself???

4. Checking players in Lunaro is as easy as pressing E or left clicking, that shouldn't give you a point.

5. Let's remove bullet jump in PVE as well. I'm not sure if you're talking about a bug or if you are just unable to bullet jump.

6. It's more empty than PoE, how can that come as a surprise to you? Conclave and Lunaro aren't advertised by DE.

7. A gamemode which requires skill is a very good idea, considering most of this game requires little to no skill whatsoever.

8. How is the gamemode broken? Are there any bugs you know of that you can report?

9. It's not dead, it's just played less.

10. Changing conclave/lunaro won't make them more played, most people come to Warframe for PVE, not for PVP. It's expected that most players won't play conclave because nobody downloaded this game wanting to play PVP over PVE. Warframe is known as a good PVE looter.

11. Have you ever done a raid? The community for raids was smaller, but still existed. Also, 2% is not an accurate number.

12. If I were to try a conclave match and lose, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't make me quit the game.

13. Also, not to be rude, but how can you not like conclave if you've never tried it?

Most of your points stated are subjective. Also, this thread is about a Warframe Lunaro World Cup Competition, so let's try to keep it that way. If you don't support Lunaro/Conclave, then that's fine, but don't start wars that don't need to be started.

I apologize in the future if this offended you, it was not intended to do so.

Edited by --Q--Captain

55 minutes ago, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

hi,

world cup 2018 is today, and I thought about... what if warframe have a lunaro world cup every year? like a competition between clans best lunaro players and the winners get a world cup decoration for the clan

since almost nobody plays pvp or lunaro, making this competition every year will make players love to play this games

Good day.

Starting a "Lunaro World Cup" would be a great idea. I totally approve of this idea.
Lunaro hasn't had any light since a bit after its release and something like that would do good. Having that every year would not only promote the game mode, but also show those who have never known about its existence or just haven't played it how it is done or that it exists and can be fun.

24 minutes ago, Chromaticasy said:

Now to this.
First of all, thanks to @--Q--Captain for covering most of the points stated.
Secondly. You should try to see it as a whole. Lunaro just isn't played as much and as a daily Lunaro player myself, I can assure you it is not dead.
There are quite a few regular people who play and enjoy that gamemode.
In addition to that, I would advise you to PLAY a gamemode first before you even judge it, because as far as I can see, you haven't played a single match in Lunaro. Neither have you played any Conclave. Try playing it before you allow yourself any kind of opinion about it, because it seems like you are talking on a base of assumptions or rumors.

Once again. I would be pleased to see such a "Tournament" and could try to support you if you need any help.

Good luck everyone.

1 hour ago, Chromaticasy said:

I think you don't want to play it, others will

1 hour ago, Funki0 said:

Once again. I would be pleased to see such a "Tournament" and could try to support you if you need any help.

Good luck everyone.

thank you so much sir,

I just want DE to notice this and think about putting it in the next tennocon competitions because it will be so much fun to see players try to win the competition

and we can call it " tenno cup  "

also a main fact that the basic idea of pvp and lunaro is in basic a competition against others to have fun and feel like we achieve something with teamwork skills

i'm sure if this works, we will love pvp more than ever before and for sure DE will develop pvp and lunaro to be exciting than ever,

maybe make 10k health and shields and make pvp use the normal mods builds so to kill a player will need a couple of minutes of exciting fight with all abilities and fashion

warframe pvp could be more than perfect its so much fun

for example from DMC4, watch this video could be a 1v1 or 2v2 or 8v8 pvp , can't it be?