Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #211: Postponed (shipping The Sacrifice TONIGHT!)

[DE]Danielle

34 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

I'm sorry but no. In a game with no offline mode, forced pvp is a massive no. I and a great many others would quit if player controlled stalker/hitsquad/etc was added because the pvp aspect of this game is horrible. I can understand you liking pvp and wanting more types, to fill that niche they could remove the judgement points/credit wagers from rathuum and index and allow players to play against one another there. I'd be fine with that, specifically because those are already geared toward a pvp playtype. I avoid them because I don't like any type of pvp and they are more or less optional (except kela who requires judgement points, but that could easily be rectified by removing them and the rathuum requirement to challenge her)

I have to agree but I wouldn't just leave I would go full hermit and play the game solo.

59 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I've talked about having that mode in this game years ago and after they finally showed it I was ecstatic! After the whole reputation stuff with the factions I thought about how cool it would be to have one that was dedicated to Hunhow (or anyone else) that gave you the Warframe equivalent of a red soapstone. Which could possibly come with an update to have more gameplay oriented things like this for each faction much like Dark Souls has. 

I might sound like I am insulting you or just being a jerk when I say this but don't take it that way.

What you described is what a company does if they want to kill a game. When they make a game it ends up being geared to a specific group of people and the company wants to build on that. Taking it in a completely different direction means you are basically giving the bird to your player base and trying to bring other people in that are not interested in your game in the first place or never heard of your game. If you want more dark souls-like games go replay all the dark souls (this includes the remastered version), Nioh(basically japanese themed dark souls), or some of those indie games like dead cells. 

You even have Nioh 2 and Sekiro coming out in the next year or so.

1 hour ago, wizardeiges said:

That's great but will us with controllers actually be able to even play warframe?

Because you still havent fixed a huge problem with controllers since when you ruined them.

Bind it to mouse? I'm willing to bet it's based on aspect ratio goofiness.

11 minutes ago, Ghostcart said:

Bind it to mouse? I'm willing to bet it's based on aspect ratio goofiness.

What do you mean bind to mouse? i'm using a controller. If you have solutions then please post in that thread,been unable to play for weeks because of the issues. 

2 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

What do you mean bind to mouse? i'm using a controller. If you have solutions then please post in that thread,been unable to play for weeks because of the issues. 

It says you are a PC member. Login > Press esc > Click Options > Click Controls > Click Customize Key Bindings. This is how you bind

14 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

I have to agree but I wouldn't just leave I would go full hermit and play the game solo.

I might sound like I am insulting you or just being a jerk when I say this but don't take it that way.

What you described is what a company does if they want to kill a game. When they make a game it ends up being geared to a specific group of people and the company wants to build on that. Taking it in a completely different direction means you are basically giving the bird to your player base and trying to bring other people in that are not interested in your game in the first place or never heard of your game. If you want more dark souls-like games go replay all the dark souls (this includes the remastered version), Nioh(basically japanese themed dark souls), or some of those indie games like dead cells. 

You even have Nioh 2 and Sekiro coming out in the next year or so.

Hmm you may not have read it the way I typed it. 

I'm not saying make Warframe Dark Souls. I was just thinking of the Covenants system that it has and how each one is fairly different in terms of what you do to gain rep with them. Currently Syndicates are all the same way of gaining rep with the same type of rewards. Now I'm not saying that the rewards need to changed but rather that way you gain reputation with a specific faction are all too similar. 

Don't get me wrong. I love Warframe ever since CBT and any change that happens is always great for me as breathing a new light to a game whose core game has never really changed (using space ninjas to farm X Y Z). It's my go to action loot min max game. I was just bringing up an idea I had while playing Dark Souls 3 a while back and how each syndicate had different ways to gain rep. If they added that to Warframes current syndicates in that you can gain increased rep daily thru their own respective ways would be cool in comparison to looking around the map for a hidden item ti pick up. One example having a Hunhow/Stalker/Sentinel syndicate in which you gain rep with successful kills as a stalker. Another could be one much like the warriors of sunlight who join groups that have slots open and help them out.

4 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

It says you are a PC member. Login > Press esc > Click Options > Click Controls > Click Customize Key Bindings. This is how you bind

Problem I'm having is with the controller having different sensitivity settings for different directions of the analog stick with no way to make all four directions have the same sensitivity setting. 

1 minute ago, wizardeiges said:

Problem I'm having is with the controller having different sensitivity settings for different directions of the analog stick with no way to make all four directions have the same sensitivity setting. 

You can change the sensitivity too.

Just now, WNxMatthew said:

You can change the sensitivity too.

But it isnt possible to make all four directions have the same sensitivity setting. You can only change overall sensitivity which keeps all four directions having different sensitivity.

54 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

I'm sorry but no. In a game with no offline mode, forced pvp is a massive no. I and a great many others would quit if player controlled stalker/hitsquad/etc was added because the pvp aspect of this game is horrible. I can understand you liking pvp and wanting more types, to fill that niche they could remove the judgement points/credit wagers from rathuum and index and allow players to play against one another there. I'd be fine with that, specifically because those are already geared toward a pvp playtype. I avoid them because I don't like any type of pvp and they are more or less optional (except kela who requires judgement points, but that could easily be rectified by removing them and the rathuum requirement to challenge her)

Mm not forced PvP. Its basically the game mode they showed but only to those that are eligible to being invaded. So nothing would change apart from the fact that the Stalker may be another player. 

I dont want a dedicated PvP mode. It would split the community. They already added in a FORM of PvP and even trading, both things they weren't going to add in fear of adding a "market" and needing to balance for the PvPers. So don't get me wrong, I don't suggest them adding a dedicated full fledged PvP mode. I'm just talking about an idea that would be cool to implement. 

And they could easily prevent abusing. Make it one of the ways we get more reputation for a faction (in this case the Hunhow one) like we have with the treasure hunting we do now and limit it to 3 per day. So instead of looking for the relics to give us rep you would go do your bidding as Stalker up to 3 times. And of course it would work like Stalker now where youd have to be marked to even be invaded.

Archived