Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Barriers Just Annoying

NinjaTyr

That's probably not going to happen. They have given you plenty of ways to stop the lasers, or if you use your powers in a certain way you can easily bypass them without being harmed. Happens to me with Loki, but you have to play smart if you want to survive.

How am I suposed to see a little red light when I am being shot at? and then how am I suposed to even know there is lasers if I cant see them till last second?

I mean its annoying to have to stop at every door to check for nearly insta-death lasers.

I love the Barriers, but the Cameras need a rework. A bright green or dim red light just does not realy stand out in a corridot filled with lights. Give it a visible laser, tracing its movement, or another way to make it more visible. I don't realy have a problem with them anymore, cause i just know where they are placed by now. But i can understand how they can be frustrating and hard to spot for newer players.

If you are fast enough you can get through the door before the camera sees you anyway.

Your options are A. speed up if you plan to continue rushing through the levels or B. play like the slow frame you are and kill everything before going through a door.

Edited by G3rman

I honestly find the camera's most of the times via sound.

How?, all I hear is -PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW [LAZER SOUNDS] PEW BOOOM EXPLOSION BEEP BEEP [LAZER] SCREAM PEW PEW PEW-

I cant hear anything but the guns.

Am I playing it wrong becuase I thought this was suposed to be a fast paced game not stop kill everyone then check the door, look for the camera, destroy camera, stop hack doors, clear next room, check the door for lazers, and so on?

How?, all I hear is -PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW [LAZER SOUNDS] PEW BOOOM EXPLOSION BEEP BEEP [LAZER] SCREAM PEW PEW PEW-

I cant hear anything but the guns.

Am I playing it wrong becuase I thought this was suposed to be a fast paced game not stop kill everyone then check the door, look for the camera, destroy camera, stop hack doors, clear next room, check the door for lazers, and so on?

Clearly if you can't manage to survive, you are doing something wrong. Change your playstyle.

Then clearly you either need to slow down or speed up, as I said in the previous post.

Stoping to check every door breaks the flow of the game, I wouldnt mind the lasers if they werent hidden or did so much damage.

Oh also, I have been insta-killed by them when I had full health/shield. And sometimes they dont even show up when there is lag.

Edited by NinjaTyr

It doesn't really, the game has no set playstyle for players to go by. Make your own way. If it breaks the flow then figure out a way to deal with it.

If you are going up against corpus then you should expect lasers and plan for it. The devs have laid out that the lasers exist and how to beat them, from there it's up to the player to deal with it; they have given you the tools to play the game, this complaint is just personal and has no base.

It doesn't really, the game has no set playstyle for players to go by. Make your own way. If it breaks the flow then figure out a way to deal with it.

If you are going up against corpus then you should expect lasers and plan for it. The devs have laid out that the lasers exist and how to beat them, from there it's up to the player to deal with it; they have given you the tools to play the game, this complaint is just personal and has no base.

plan for it?, yes I do but come on half the time they dont turn on till you run into them.

plan for it?, yes I do but come on half the time they dont turn on till you run into them.

Because when you are in front of a door, that is where the camera's vision cone is. I would hope that has already crossed your mind. Use your powers to get through or destroy the camera or go faster.

This talk is going in circles, there isn't anything left to say really.

Because when you are in front of a door, that is where the camera's vision cone is. I would hope that has already crossed your mind. Use your powers to get through or destroy the camera or go faster.

This talk is going in circles, there isn't anything left to say really.

No becuase you refuse to acknowledge this is an issue. Also volts dont have a way tog et past them, speed doesnt always get you through them.

And another issue is the game never tells you how to deal with it. I had no idea how to get past them till someone told me.

laser barriers are fine, just shoot the camera

How am I suposed to see a little red light when I am dealing with people shooting at me? and I dont want to have to stop and look for them all the time.

My problem with them is they are hidden till the last second.

Considering you haven't been listening to any of our reasons yet, why would you do so now? You obviously can't see it from a developer's standpoint, and you are ignoring players who are telling you why.

Maybe when you first started having problems with the lasers you would actually try and figure out how they work instead of getting annoyed and skipping it. Then maybe you would have noticed the camera, or figured out a way to use speed to bypass the door.

Considering you haven't been listening to any of our reasons yet, why would you do so now? You obviously can't see it from a developer's standpoint, and you are ignoring players who are telling you why.

Maybe when you first started having problems with the lasers you would actually try and figure out how they work instead of getting annoyed and skipping it. Then maybe you would have noticed the camera, or figured out a way to use speed to bypass the door.

I am thinking of it from a developers standpoint, in fact I am in college to become a game developer. And one of the major mistakes in games is breaking a games flow or cheap deaths, nothing is worse then killing a bunch of guys to be killed by something you cant see till last second.

And you have not stated a reason for them to stay hidden, just that you dont have a problem with them.

And I am adding you to my ignore list.

Proving my point, again.

Breaking the flow of the player is important to provide them a challenge, otherwise they just go through motions and are not presented with any kind of obstacle. You find it an annoying one, but the game presents visual and audio cues as to the presence of the camera as well as lasers activating. You should also know after your first encounter with them on a Corpus ship that they will happen and that you should plan around them.

The reason why is because they are an obstacle, an important game mechanic to increase difficulty and break the flow for the player. They are not unbalanced because there are clear ways to bypass them and recognize their presence.

Congratulations on going to college to become a game developer, but that does not mean your perspective is the only one, nor the right one. (I am also attending school for a Bachelors in Design)

And if you really are going to go to school to be a developer, I would have expected you to give a lot better feedback to the dev team than a short sentence. You should know it's never that simple.

Edited by G3rman

Proving my point, again.

Breaking the flow of the player is important to provide them a challenge, otherwise they just go through motions and are not presented with any kind of obstacle. You find it an annoying one, but the game presents visual and audio cues as to the presence of the camera as well as lasers activating. You should also know after your first encounter with them on a Corpus ship that they will happen and that you should plan around them.

The reason why is because they are an obstacle, an important game mechanic to increase difficulty and break the flow for the player. They are not unbalanced because there are clear ways to bypass them and recognize their presence.

Congratulations on going to college to become a game developer, but that does not mean your perspective is the only one, nor the right one. (I am also attending school for a Bachelors in Design)

And if you really are going to go to school to be a developer, I would have expected you to give a lot better feedback to the dev team than a short sentence. You should know it's never that simple.

All I am saying is they need to get rid of the doors hiding the lasers so you can see them from a distance and maybe lower how much damage they do.

And you never want to break the flow of a game, you dont have to break game flow to make an obstacle, for example, If I was designing the lasers I wouldnt use a camera instead I would make sure the lasers are visable the entire time and have you destroy a control panel.

Also when is it clear you have to shoot a red light to get by them?

You seriously have no clue when it comes to game design.

You can sprint and jump at the last second and you'll clear the lasers with no damage.

Many of the Warframes have special abilities that allow them to blow right through them.

If you can't get the timing right by sprint jumping, you can always use slide.

If you equip a radar mod to your warframe, the cameras show up.

The Cameras are always in the general vicinity of the laser grid, because they only activate when you're in their line of sight.

And if you can't figure out any of the above, eventually the laser grid shuts off on it's own.

I've been playing for less than a day, and Laser fields don't even slow me down anymore. as all of the doors in game I've seen open by pulling into the roof, there's no way you can't see them before you walk in. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mechanic as is.

Also just because you're going to college to become a game developer, doesn't mean your opinion is always right when it comes to the subject of how games should be developed. It's called Appeal to Authority, and it's a logical fallacy. If you can't effectively prove your point without having to call on anecdotal references, then your point needs to be re-evaluated.