Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Update 23: General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

53a0647e239997f245a6d957c7347b3e.png

Update 23: The Sacrifice is live on PC! We will be using this thread to home all of your general feedback on this update.

Please keep your feedback constructive and detailed to the best of your ability, thank you!

If you came across a bug in The Sacrifice update you'd like to report, please visit our bug report threads: 

The quest was fun and I really liked the new orokin consoles.

I have to agree with @Darkkeel about the UI and items' names not showing at first glance.

I'm a bit disappointed with the way Excalibur Prime was handled. He was buffed and has now 300 armor, just like Umbra, however his passive isn't the same (for story reasons).

What I would have liked to see is a slight advantage (stats) for Excalibur Prime since he does not have that passive.

15 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

Besides the fact that

1: The exalted weapons are missing mods (melee for instance can't use blood rush)

2: The progression halting bug at the end of the quest (the thing about the Operator)

I'm having a good time.

Because exalted weapons can not use those mods. For example acolyte mods.

Unrelated to the actual quest, but after this update dropped, the host migration issue came back. I have just had 3 public games where host migration occured and not a single one of them resolved (the game froze on the loading screen).

To anyone who's thinking of playing Onslaught: beware you might get deja vu of launch week again.

Spoiler

I really really hoped to get my Lotus back, nearly crying right now. PLEASE don't let me wait for another seven months. I want my Lotus back.
Otherwise, this is an epic Quest. One of the best I ever played in a game.

Edited by Fexxtastic

So, I can learn to live with it but I find the new D-pad functionality very annoying. Before it worked much like in other games, where the 'cursor' is bound to the options. Now, it works more like a regular cursor, with D-pad inputs emulating the old functionality by moving the cursor. What this means is that If I reach the end of a list that I scroll through, such as the mods in my arsenal, I have to use the right stick to scroll further because additional d-pad inputs do nothing. This is really annoying because if I wanted to navigate with a mouse I'd use a mouse. Going through menus also takes an additional tap at the very least in every area, because I have to tap once to 'snap' the virtual cursor to an option. 

I would greatly prefer this to be reverted but I know that's simply not going to happen. It's also irritating how when I pick up a mod, the cursor will snap to the search bar or the polarity icons. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up. Menus feel clunkier than ever.

Edit: Also, sometimes in my Arsenal it will go into the mod page of my primary even though I am very clearly highlighting my secondary

Edited by Freeshooter92

22 minutes ago, ExplosiveBolts said:
  Hide contents

Last mission with Ballas after killing all the sentients he spawns, I seem to be getting a progress blocker, as I put away my weapons yet nothing triggers.

Restart the mission and everything should work. But yes, it's an annoying bug. I'm not sure if the following has anything to do with it:

Spoiler

Using Radial Blind when fighting.

Im quite dissapointed by the new exalted changes, I now need to spend 3 forma to return my regulators to their previous state, 4 if I ever want to finish ranking my prime mods. Also, I need to remove one of the - polarities since its useless. Could you atleast give us some forma to fix our exalted weapons or something?

With the addition of these umbra mods, may as well let us forma for that polarity in other weapons/warframes, or this uniqueness is intended? Also, could not forma back the polarity at the moment.

___
Aaaaand could not use those umbra animations on any other warframe, would be really awesome to have those and shout everywhere with everyone.

Edited by Echoes
also warframes + animations!

Spoiler

Im actually to the point that I dont want to play Warframe oO This quest was actually pretty stupid im sorry to be blunt. That kind of cliffhanger and ending after all this wait? For real? NOTHING to go on after THAT ending? REALLY? This was supposed to be a conclusion to the whole trilogy but nope, just another big cliffhanger and a really annoying one at that. Yeah thanks DE for taking away space mom for real now.

(((((SPOILERS))))))

Loved the quest, lore was great. I have some worries about umbras that i hope get addressed. I hope DE goes over what their plan is for umbra. Because right now with the new polarities, Umbra is just better then excal prime. I dont really have an issue with this as long as it addressed that all umbras will be better then primes going forward. Because as it stands now umbra basically phases normal and prime out of existence because of the new mods and polarities.

Questions that arise from this update both gameplay and lore

1. So we brought him back through schematics, i am guessing that means when we rebuild a frame we are truly rebuilding that same frame. So all our frames are self-aware then so why is umbra the only one which can fight along side the tenno then?

2. Is Umbra an anti sentient line of warframes? The frames before the primes? Is this man unique or are other umbras as free willed?

3. With excal prime getting a buff to 300 armor it puts him at the same base as umbra. Are all umbras going to be comparable to primes with a slightly altered ability, new polarity with the extra passive?

4. Non- umbra frames cant get new polarity though they can slot the new mods, this is odd because that is 33 - 48 capacity taken up if u use it on something else since the mods need to be together for their true usefulness to shine. Will we be able to give umbra polarity to other frames?

I do currently view(hope the idea behind it) that because of the new polarity it locks umbras into a type of specialty for builds, so if they are just as good as primes base stat wise but they are more powerful with umbra polarities and mods but because of those polarities it takes away the flexibility of having certain builds i would be okay with this. Example, Trinity umbra is a god at link build but because of polarities cant utilize energy vampire build. It would give umbras and primes a place. A trade between raw power and flexibility.

Edited by Ramflax
Errors and rewording

54 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

Besides the fact that

1: The exalted weapons are missing mods (melee for instance can't use blood rush)

2: The progression halting bug at the end of the quest (the thing about the Operator)

I'm having a good time.

Im pretty sure exalted weapons not being able to use certain mods in intended because they could never have taken advantage of mods like blood rush even before.

i just finished the quest, and i only really have 1 gripe id like to voice... and that is: Stop using 1 word descriptions for dialogue choices. the first one that popped up confused the hell out of me as i literally didnt know what my char was going to say for any of them, same problem with the last choice in TWW. its easy to simply put down a single word from the sentence you've heard countless times and assume we'll get it but not everyone will. we haven't heard the voice lines like you have so it leads to confusion over not knowing what each choice means.

simple words give broad yet vague concepts, spoiler warning: i dunno what the hell it means by emptiness. am i empty? is he empty? are we both empty and therefor we have a bond to connect us? are you and empty vessel for me to inhabit? use your words dammit i cant fill in the massive blank...

also, since youre leaving us out to dry for-god-knows-how-long-now... can we just wear the lotus's helm? its gonna be at least another year before we get the next cinematic quest so why not let us?

Edited by McDuffMan

Here's a list:

• We need a way to polarise the Umbra polarity in weapons. Even if introduces a new type of forma
  • Why are polarities on Exalted Weapons not mostly Vs? Consider Mesa for example, she has 5 essential mods that are Vs. With regards to melee, I think a good starting point would be like how the Nami Skyla Prime's base polarities are.
  • At max (max rank and max bonus), Sacrificial Pressure should be at least as high as the normal pressure point.
  • Umbra needs a way to unequip the scarf so I can move my normal Excalibur fashion onto him
Edited by Kurambik

• Melee ability weapons can't equip Blood Rush or Body Count.  This needs to be fixed.
  • Add Umbra polarity to the Forma menu.
  • Buff Sacrificial Pressure to give as much damage as Primed Pressure Point.
  • Friend-requests notification does not follow the UI color theme.
Edited by Telogor

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Restart the mission and everything should work. But yes, it's an annoying bug. I'm not sure if the following has anything to do with it:

Reveal hidden contents

Using Radial Blind when fighting.

I've tried that,and closing out of warframe and nothing fixes. I just can't do anything. Please help someone.

I honestly was expecting more. I hope more of the UI gets converted over, such as the foundry, mods, when I press ESC even...currently you only see it in log in and the inventory...or is that a bug?

And considering we have been waiting for this for a little more than half a year(We were expecting it what...september last year? Then december, and now it's finally here...half way into the next year.) and...it's a decent chunk of story, good story by the way, but I was expecting...more? I got to the end and was like "Wait...is that it?" 

Now don't get me wrong, what was there is good, solid, love it. I love this update, but it doesn't feel like a major update, nowhere near second dream or war within, it's a little bit more of a Harrow style update. I was expecting some new system to work with, like using Helminth to augment our warframes or something(Think Monster Hunter, give it a 'meal' to buff it for a mission or two?) Or...something, I donno. This just didn't measure up to the hype/wait, but that doesn't mean it was a bad update.

It's a stepping stone update, this is CLEARLY laying foundations for other things with all the setup it does, showing us the new orokin hacking, hunting umbra, and then the finale with the sentients...this is leading up to being able to get other umbra's as well as a new sentient focused update/tileset in the future as the umbra's are more geared for fighting sentients so it only makes sense for us to encounter them more often and very soon...

TL;DR: Too much hype for what we got, we got a Harrow like mainline update that took roughly a year to make.