Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Update 23: General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 hours ago, Postal_pat said:
  • Hide chat and pop-ups during cut-scenes and plot points. We have many people asking how to hide chat and our answers are only to open a whisper tab or go invite-only so we get a squad tab without text.
  • Exalted melee capacity should be the same as the current highest melee capacity with stance mods. Current melee weapons have a max mod capacity of 70 but Exalted only have 60. This plus the need to forma a weapon that; only lasts on energy, barley gets used outside heavy situations, and can't use the full extent of the melee mods; it all makes modding these exalted melees feel overwhelming and boring.
  • The new UI outshines basic menus like modding, foundry, and pets. It's a bit disconnecting.

Umbra has been iffy for a long time and Sacrifice was only teased late last year, we've been teased with certain updates for longer than this. As the quest it's self; it has solidified years of so much speculation and made it easier of new players to understand. The Second Dream did bring the focus system but the Sacrifice brings a lot of the wibbly-wobbly lore into line. Each quest doesn't need a new system to present the player. However this update does feel dwarfed by the prospect of Venus open-world. Like it's really-really exciting but there is another larger update just off the horizon.

Sacrifice was "teased" late last year, BUT they were working on it for a long while before that (We heard about umbra LONG before sacrifice) and even still...they had at the very, very, least more than half a year to work on this. And no, not EACh quest but each MAIN quest, like this was lead up to believe...I mean it was shown at LAST YEARS tennocon...and we are at tennocon again...that's a year right? We were expecting it december last year, but they've worked on it for a long while.

The update IS good. All that we got IS good stuff, however...for how long it took and the hype generated...it doesn't stack up. Like, not even comparing it to the venus thing, it's just from the time it was first teased to now...it just feels...lacking.

For how long we were kept waiting on this, even taking into consideration the time taken for the massive weapon rework... this is just disappointing. It feels like the majority of the dev time was spent creating minor things like space checkers and mimics, rather than actually fleshing out the quest into something.. memorable? I breezed through almost all of the missions and my reward was... a goofy cut-scene (because my primary was locked into my hand) and a cliffhanger that's more annoying than intriguing.

I don't know about anyone else but the 'staircase cliffhanger' method of storytelling gets old really fast, and the amount of tedium and lack of substance to this quest just made it so forgettable.

Every time first thing I did on a new day in Warframe is to collect my extractors and replace them with fresh ones. So today I noticed the extractor towards the left are on a lower layer thus their wordings are blocked by the extractors towards the right, with the most right one on the top-est layer nothing to block it.

I think you have to  make them each of them to pop up on top of the others when mouse-over, so they are not covered by the right or left ones.

11 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

53a0647e239997f245a6d957c7347b3e.png

Update 23: The Sacrifice is live on PC! We will be using this thread to home all of your general feedback on this update.

Please keep your feedback constructive and detailed to the best of your ability, thank you!

If you came across a bug in The Sacrifice update you'd like to report, please visit our bug report threads: 

When sacrifice comes on Xbox? ❤️😍

All of above bug is never encounter and i already adapt all the new change.... All i want to say is thank you DE.... I willing to spend cash on the new items  no matter what(had brought all new items).... Lucky i saved over 160million credit and 200k endo and enough forma for this new challenge and it spot on. Lucky i face nothing hard for me and every new primed mod is maxed, forma enough for my umbra/new weapon... I am player that plan before hand and that why i dun hype on much but when thing come i can done it well.     I believe only a few Tenno can achieved what i did and i grateful for this new quest but got one thing i still dun know is how to get the 4 newest fragment on Plains?

I came by this to leave my heartfelt congratulations the team of Digital Extreme that is so committed to making such an expetacular content.

At first, when I was browsing through the community forums yesterday, I kept my eyes blazing when talking to some of the comrades and also after seeing Stevie, Rebb and Megan publications on Twitter with positive points about fulfilling their words and sending us the (much-anticipated) yesterday as the combined. This game from afar is the only one that in these comings and goings, between to stop playing and to return still seize so much to me. This time it was no different, I waited for more than a year this long awaited quest and once again you deliver content so solid and full of content. You are to be congratulated, over the years you are managing to overcome one job after another.

I found it interesting that you told the story, a part some of us already knew because we had read in the forum, once, you still told the story of the infested and the Hurrow. It was simply magnificent, my heart did not stop inside the chest box, I thought he would stop at any time so glazed that I was. My hands sounded, my eyes almost jumped out of the eyeball, it was really an experience I can not even describe at the level of words, only feelings. I could not sleep without completing the journey, it was almost impossible to see it in front of me and not finish, I went to sleep at dawn and I'm working now in the morning, but before I had to leave my gratitude for being part of this family.

Thanks DE, for once again being so patient with your players, to make every second of this hope worthwhile, you are without a doubt the best. See you next time, and please bring Lotus back.

You may not be aware but Update 23 on PC has problems with updater in European Union, it doesn't work for MANY people, as a workaround they have to use VPN to US. Note in my case updater did a full update, finished then failed.

How about providing ANY feedback to those people?

Screenshots:

Spoiler

PETR1MQ.png

YATzULq.png

AaXtYMd.png

Edited by Peetroolkah
grammar

2 minutes ago, Peetroolkah said:

You may not be aware but Update 23 on PC has problems with updater in European Union, it doesn't work for MANY people, as a workaround they have to use VPN to US. Note in my case updater did a full update, finished then failed.

Screenshots: 

Hide contents

PETR1MQ.png

YATzULq.png

AaXtYMd.png

This is occurring due to server overcrowding, many people are downloading at that time. Close the window and open again, so if you have already downloaded all the content now it will only install without error >D

6 minutes ago, Peetroolkah said:

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

PETR1MQ.png

YATzULq.png

AaXtYMd.png

Or feel free to give your feedback related a bug here. You may have already reported this. Anyway, I hope the one helped.

I haven't started the quest jet so my feedback is on the rest of the update:

- new UI, estetically nice altough the "icons only" approach is somewhat annoying -> didn't even notice I was locked in solo play until I rechecked the squad interface

- moddable exalted weapons - Titania's only at the moment - thank you for giving them indipendet leveling so we don't need to relevel the full frame every time, but why do we get only 50 mod points?! on them? considering that melees don't even benefit from the points given by stances?!! we lost 10 modpoints  on guns and 20 on melee exalted weapons its not a small difference from the old system nor is justified by giving us 3 polarities preinstalled nor was foreshadowed in any way, nerf much?

40 minutes ago, 0mega. said:

Or feel free to give your feedback related a bug here. You may have already reported this. Anyway, I hope the one helped.

I solved my problem by manually deleting all local cached game files \AppData\Local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows\

Problem was NOT solved by cache verification or cache optimization. 

I repeat: I had to MANUALLY delete all local game files, then re-download all 68 files (23GB)

This issue is CLEARLY not related to server availability. BTW as I originally installed WF in 2013, my local cache folder contained more than 110 files...

xRy477I.png

I'm very disappointed with this update. No comments on the quest yet, but I checked out some of the other changes and it just seems like a huge downgrade overall.

First of all, the new UI is just horrible. Usability-wise it's an enormous downgrade with no text labels on inventory icons (having to mouse-over to see what anything is), no displayed squad loadouts with the menu open (having to mouse-over to see what each person has), and there's no use of color to differentiate things (everything is just brown, instead of using e.g. green for ticks and red for crosses in the squad vote system). Aside from that, it's also a downgrade aesthetically with the dirt brown look everywhere. It's disgusting.

Secondly, the Exalted weapon changes just serve to make everyone pay an absolute ton of Forma for the same builds they were already using. I had a quick look and I'll need approximately 10 (Ten!) Formas across Titania, Excalibur, and Mesa to keep using the same builds that I've already been using. No, it is not an exciting or fun update when it makes me pay so much in the way of both items and time for no benefit whatsoever. I already had my builds. They already worked fine. Now they don't work anymore unless I pay 10 Formas and re-level everything over and over and over! One of the polarities on Mesa's Peacemaker is completely useless even, and the melee stance mods don't seem to add extra capacity. I didn't even check Valkyr or Ivara yet... but that will be even more Forma I'm sure.

Thirdly, Exalted Blade looks hideous now. Absolutely awful. Excalibur has always been my favourite frame and now I'm not sure it will be anymore, between the huge Forma price on this update and absolutely destroying his previously cool look. His Exalted Blade is supposed to be a sword of pure energy. Now it has this disgusting physical model and hilt. I understand you wanted to make it customizable, and maybe some people like it. But could you please just make it a skin option so we can choose between the energy and physical models? I want it how it looked before. This new look is just disgusting. It's awful.

Finally, I guess you threw in a nerf to Oxium farming with the Capture mission changes, just for good measure right? We can't have anybody actually enjoying this game, having fun, or accomplishing anything. Galatea was the only node on the entire star chart where you could reliably farm Oxium and now you seem to have destroyed that. (I haven't tested it yet, but it sure sounds like it from the patch notes.) Many items require a ridiculous amount of Oxium to build, which will be an awful experience without being able to reliably farm it.

Let's see.
Spoilers ensue, and the boxes are much less reader-friendly than e.g. Reddit's blackout, so I'm warning now and not using them.
If you want to avoid spoilers what are you doing in this thread?, skip this post.

UI
I like the new Login screen.
UI elements are both minimalistic and crisply clear, and the whole overlay doesn't distract from the WF on display. (Though I did like the zoomed in view better.)

I hate the new inventory screen.
Even assuming not things with identical icons, it's visually noisy, nowhere near informative, and cumbersome to nagivate (unless using filter bar - which you can't do if you don't know what you're looking for, e.g. new items from a syndicate vendor).
You want to keep it, fine. But please give me the option to display as text, or something.

Really like the change to how Arcanes are displayed (prongs removed \cuz color's enough, replaced by the rank 'teeth').

Don't like that I can't see my squad's loadout quickly with esc, need to mouse-over now.
Rather important for associating player and character in pubs.

The Sacrifice:
Bugs - only noticed two: 
In the last 'sickroom' cutscene, the tree's backdrop isn't contiguous, showing the tile where you actually are, moves around with camera. Somewhat distracting.

EEiXUOg.jpg

End diorama - waist-curtain on Umbra clips through the codpiece when there's the slightest breeze.

Now on to the meatier stuff.

Feedback - 

* Could there be an option to completely hide (or disable, if not) chat and alert popups (or just extraneous UI) during a quest?

* Maybe it's an issue due to my low quality graphics, but the 'examine the crime scene' bits were a pain, as per usual.
In reality, you look at a bunch of things, and can pick out each individual item you're looking at. (Which is why camouflage exists.)
But in the game (in most games, honestly), everything has the same, idk, gloss? which makes it difficult to discern separate objects. (This is also why I hate grass, foliage, etc. in games)

That said, somewhat frustrating though it was, I appreciate that you had to actually look as opposed to just playing the UI. Immersion through realism, I guess?

* While realistically speaking, the implementation doesn't make any sense,
(i.e. here's a passcode locked door. The code is spread out in shiny text in this area. Defeats the purpose),
I quite liked the Orokin hack panels.
I assume their mechanics make them quest-only?

* Umbra can't be scanned?

* The build time on Umbra was good. Not instant but moved along at an appreciable clip.

* The bit right after you equip Umbra in the Arsenal was awesome, literally made me jump (The good kind of 'made me jump': unexpected rather than jumpscare ❤️ ).

* That said, while I understand that it's a simple and direct 'show don't tell', I'm not sure that the eyeball in the head makes any sense.
If you go by the Rhino Prime Codex Entry, it should be an amorphous blob of biomass.
If you go by visual inspection of the Infested, they don't really have eyes either.
If you go by visual external inspection of the Frames, you have a myriad of 'eye-things' all over the front of the helmet. Doesn't map onto normal facial build.

* Post-2nd not-flashback, Operator's comment about (the person inside Umbra) being emotional was immersion-breaking, as lore's been that Warframes aren't sentient (which was why your frame moving to save you from the Shadow Stalker in TWW was shocking).

Credits where due, Ordis immediately calls this out. And I'm willing to grant that Operator knows this through direct (well, Trasnferenced) experience, but that's subsequent to the immersion-breaking jar.

End scene - 
* It makes no sense to me why Ballas'd've gone back to that tree.
I can rationalize that he was baiting Umbra since he was certain he could shut Umbra down and dismantle it again (which he almost did), which'd tie up a loose end for him.
But that's rationalization.

Going over it again now, I'm tempted to think that, like the not-flashbacks (they're clearly not 100% accurate, due to both the tree and the spreading Infestation), the first cutscene we saw wasn't a flashback, but rather a flashforward: how it would have gone without our intervention, except that that's clearly false - we start out finding Umbra wreckage.

The whole 'Operator is here, operator is not here' Transference thing is becoming more and more of a plot hole.
If Operators can 'teleport out of' your Transferenced frame, there's no reason to go naked into the 'confront Umbra' mission - as Ordis says.
If they can't, the whole Ballas confrontation doesn't work.

* Most of the last dialogue choice is incongruous.
Do note - I've only got the summaries to go on, as haven't replayed for the other paths yet.

"Squirm" yeah fine, that works emotionally in context, but given that:
A) Ballas is Orokin, and we know Orokin can survive the death of their body. Unless we straigut-up coup de grace Ballas here and now (which we clearly aren't going to), we can't guarantee he's gonna stay dead.
B) He's deeply immersed in Orokintech, Infestation and Sentient-tech.
So, direct body-swap, dispersed neurological immortality (See: Ancient Healer Synthesis entry), and yet another hivemind tech, if technological this time.
Even if we do gank him, we've got no reason to believe he'll stay dead.

"This was inevitable":
While I don't know how this bit of dialogue actually goes, there is absolutely no way that this was genuinely inevitable, making that, at a glance, a preposterous assertion.

-> "The cycle is broken":
Um... what?
First off, which cycle is the Operator referring to?
Continuity? See 'Squirm' for why not.
Creation of new Warframes? That either ended before the Great War, or immediately after at latest.
Creation of new Tenno? None before or after the Zariman.
??? Am I missing something here?

Second, again, the only concrete thing that's happened is that we now have/know Umbra. Nothing else has been tied off, everything's still in the air.
Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to guarantee that said 'cycle' is -and will remain - broken.

* Nu-Lotus was a surprise. Also affect-wise she come across as non-genuine, not her usual self. I'm thinking hollywood brainwashing, maybe.

All that said, the quest was a good next step along the story.
I wasn't hyped, so I'm not cathartically overwhelmed with emotion, but all in all I'm certainly rather pleased with it.

Umbra-polarity:
Not going to ask 'why is this a thing', as it kinda makes sense to me for Umbra/Umbramods.
I will ask why the Skiajati has those polarities, as that doesn't seem to make sense.

Think that's about it.

Good work, seemingly technically well executed to my layman self, (my compliments to the art/mocap team, and whoever's responsible for the facial animation creation and use), and overall reasonably written.
Well done, and keep it up :P

Edited by Chroia
Missed a [/]

1 hour ago, 0mega. said:

I came by this to leave my heartfelt congratulations the team of Digital Extreme that is so committed to making such an expetacular content.

At first, when I was browsing through the community forums yesterday, I kept my eyes blazing when talking to some of the comrades and also after seeing Stevie, Rebb and Megan publications on Twitter with positive points about fulfilling their words and sending us the (much-anticipated) yesterday as the combined. This game from afar is the only one that in these comings and goings, between to stop playing and to return still seize so much to me. This time it was no different, I waited for more than a year this long awaited quest and once again you deliver content so solid and full of content. You are to be congratulated, over the years you are managing to overcome one job after another.

I found it interesting that you told the story, a part some of us already knew because we had read in the forum, once, you still told the story of the infested and the Hurrow. It was simply magnificent, my heart did not stop inside the chest box, I thought he would stop at any time so glazed that I was. My hands sounded, my eyes almost jumped out of the eyeball, it was really an experience I can not even describe at the level of words, only feelings. I could not sleep without completing the journey, it was almost impossible to see it in front of me and not finish, I went to sleep at dawn and I'm working now in the morning, but before I had to leave my gratitude for being part of this family.

Thanks DE, for once again being so patient with your players, to make every second of this hope worthwhile, you are without a doubt the best. See you next time, and please bring Lotus back.

Look my broda, the lotus, go find the wae my tenno 

UI is definitely a downgrade. In addition to the issues with inventory, even leaving a squad seems to be a bit more tedious due to the way the new system for squad works. What was wrong with the old one where it showed everyone's names and the first three items equipped?

Edit: Just went to buy Primed Continuity from Baro, why in the world does a purchase screen NOT show you the amount of currency you have? Come on guys, this is a joke now.

Edited by thehidingcat

The new inventory interface isn't really user friendly you can't see the name and have to guess what is what by the icon, so please change this back.

Also the ability stasis on limbo has been reduced by almost 20s less duration wich for me personally is not very pleasant to keep recasting it every time.

It takes away from the gameplay and emjoyment of playing limbo.

Please make it so you can quickly see your own and other players load-outs by pressing escape (both in mission and out) just like before the UI change, having to hover over just to see anything is inconvenient to quickly know your squad.

f51f46bc01deb12f089db5be971bca0a.png 

Please make it so you can see your matchmaking setting again by pressing escape, while you're at it also allow us to actually see what our matchmaking setting is as text like before. The icon difference can be easy to miss.

ea78d55caa3f6f7183ac2d5184e62bfb.png

Hovering over an extractor in the 'deploy extractor' has the icons of other extractors displayed over the top of the text. fixedbb91d2df72c23dd7d9af1af5a4a10ce1.png

Weapons with long names have their text overlay over the amount of 'tabs' for that item in the inventory screen.

53d1f9403cc007c96a0e53cc27644e0d.png

(Nitpick) Single digit Mastery requirements and forma counts are off centered over their icons. Mastery is slightly to the right where forma is slightly to the left. 95111ff51fac33636802f9fb1084435f.png

Edited by More-L

So the enemies stop spawning 2 minutes after the capture target is grabbed. I can see the reasoning for that in terms of keeping the focus of those missions on the capture and not allowing people to turn it into an impromptu survival mission for farming purposes or whatnot.

One problem, though: Void Fissure missions for opening Void Relics. Usually people run headfirst to capture the target to keep them from getting away and only THEN worry about getting their reactant. So now, unless there is an exception (such as making the spawning only stop after everyone has 10 reactant), there will be a LOT of unbeatable Fissure missions, especially for more capable players who capture the target more quickly.

First i gotta say DE.... You did real good on this one. My god...the story telling was awesome, the interface is clean (with a few small time issues), ALL THE FREE GEAR, and thank you for not having low level story missions. Working for some of this stuff makes it that much more worth it.  I'll do a quick list of things that I thought was important to note (might not be looked at but I really wanted to write this down).

• The story had an amazing pace. From start to finish the tension just kept going up and there were subtle scenarios that pointed at maybe warframes can be independent (plz let this happen. A quest to have other warframes sentient would be amazing!! thats just another things to grind for!! you could build your frame to help the operator and.... that was a tangent, but I'm not deleting that). Steve you done good on that script, man. 
  • Umbra was well built. Making him a Sentinel Assassinate is a cool play mechanic and makes it interesting for future drops on story.....Please don't nerf him
  • The interface is very interesting. As soon as I loaded up, the sounds were what got me. The feedback sounds to the inputs made me go "wow, that's a great touch". it made it feel more sci-fi I guess, I don't know. All I know is that i liked it....GG sound designers. I will say though the using the directional buttons feel slower then before. I'm sure there's gonna be a fix to a bunch of stuff, so i'm not sweating it. 
  • I did notice one thing while watching a couple streamers play. it seems a few people are having the issue of initiating the Ballas final scene. I went through it and no issues. Maybe a bug or i proced the scene by accident.

That's it. I will say though, good call to temper expectations. It might be newer players or people expecting another POE drop, but given the length of the previous quests, it should have been understood the quest size. But what was majorly different was what was issued. We got a BUILT and HIGH SPEC frame, PRIME MODS (umbra exclusive, wrist slap on that DE), a large lore dump, exalted weapons (I'm buildin Wukong later). No other previous quest have done that for free as far as i can remember.

But DE, you bit more than you can chew. Slow down a bit. Lord only knows what you could have done with this quest if you weren't working on: melee updates, warframe reworks, prime frames, warframe fighters, interface, dojo updates, graphic updates, VENUS... you get where i'm goin. Regardless, you got a good product here (granted at maybe the expense of a possible aneurysm lol). GG DE

Edited by Bahamut-HC

Quest is, well, ok. Nothing special, more like annoying considering forced use of operator. Again. Umbra is, well, reskinned Excalibur with a bit of focus on fighting Sentinels. Again, not pretty much useful in current state of game. And since PoE fights still require operator usage, even less useful. New nikana is nothing special, no new stance etc, still clunky with mediocre range, which is even worse with current melee system. No new primary, secondary, nothing special to do after finishing quest. It's just, bland. Lorewise, fun to see new content. Execution lacks real value in terms of gameplay impact. 

This UI seriously needs to be reverted and put in the oven for a long time. Not having labels on icons makes anything in the misc section impossible to find.

Warframe0475.jpg

If the icons were unique it'd be more annoying but tolerable, but instead you have a bunch of identical images.

The buy menu doesn't display any of your currencies, so for example I have no idea how many ducats I have at Baro when I'm looking at what he brought.

Why doesn't this UI match up with the main menu when you press Esc, or match up with the design of most anything else in the game at the moment? It feels very disjointed from the rest of the game design at the moment.

Aside from that, I'm getting increasingly frustrated at the controller cursor additions to mouse movement. I don't need the mouse to snap to the center of every item I hover over in the inventory screen. Keep that to a controller input.