Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Update 23: Visual Accessibility UI Themes and General UI Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Function over form please. No longer being able to see written information (labels etc) at a glance feels like a HUGE step backwards. Sure it's pretty but I'd rather save fashionframe for my actual frames because a fast, efficient, information-at-hand (i.e. usable) UI is way more important.

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

High Contrast Theme
afe4da40053ca08123e5715f813da1e4.jpg

Not to be a jerk, but you do realise that the most common form of Colourblindness is Deuternopia, the form of Red-Green colourblindness that is weighted more toward difficultly distinguishing greens? That being Red-Green colourblind (Protonopia and Deuternopia) makes things that are Red, Green, Brown and the like hard to differentiate?

Ergo, this mostly green slate is less about contrast, and more about "can you pick apart different shapes?" than colour. Whilst symbols+colour are the aim to ensure people can follow without loss of information, as you learned with showing if lockers and doors are locked or not, the fact that we are, once again, looking at something like this really begs the question; do you have any colourblind staff members, relatives or friends you could ask for input on these things?

Failing that, a Workshop asking for help on colourblind friendly UI certainly wouldn't be a bad idea as it at least helps get the conversation going before the error needs to be rectified after the fact.

I apologise if this comes across as somewhat harsh...but seeing as I am red-green colourblind, a singularly green interface doesn't actually make my life easier with menu navigation. The "Equinox" is superior purely on the grounds that Black and White are actually contrasting tones than what the "High contrast" has to offer us.

Hopefully, as we found with the Mod Stars, lockers and doors, you'll be willing to listen and take the feedback into account to make something better suited to the different forms of colourblindness than trying to argue that one green screen will be suitable for all involved. If it was, we wouldn't see games offering the four filters of Default, then Protonopia, Deuteranopia and Tritanopia when it comes to those that do provide colourblindness settings.

Any event, sorry for going on, as always.

please make the menu with the team have the loadouts visible like before. just icons on top and nothing else just wastes good space since you're not putting anything else there anyway. 

Please don't declutter unless you have a plan for the space you're clearing up on the UI.

Bring back team loadout visibility in the menu.

Joystick cursor doesnt work in simulcrum (or bugs out like it has been since the first UI pass) where you are prompted to press LB to kill enemies but it doesn't do anything nor does using the cursor to move over that selection.  Have to switch back to mouse to kill/clear etc.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg

Allright i'm oprobably not hte only one noticing that if you use controller only you can't enter your password to log in. 

The focus seems to be made on the right field but the keyboard does not pop up ( for steam big picture )

Hope for a fix because i'm not good enough to hold a baby , a controller ,a mouse and a keyboard at the same time but if one of you guys has any tip ^.^ 

I like the look of the new UI. I HATE (HATE,HATE,HATE) the functionality (or lack thereof).

When in a group I can no longer see the group composition/weapons/pets/relics/orokin keys at the press of a button. Granted, strictly speaking this is not something I need to know (I can't change it anyway), but it is very often something I want to know. With the new UI I still need to press that button (ESC) and then I need to mouse over every group member to see what equipment they bring.

And the thing ist - that gap between the 4 group member icons and the text of the menu items - IT IS ALREADY THERE! It has to be, because that is where the popup card with a player's info goes when i mouse over his icon. Why didn't you simply put that empty space to use and display the 4 player cards side by side?

The inventory feels simply unfinished. It is a design concept that is seriously lacking in functionality/usability.

Ayatan statues do not display their value in endo, and they do not display the number of socketed ayatan gems.

Normal and prime variants of items are almost indistinguishable (as are blueprints).

The sell list on the right side of the inventory cuts of long item names. This is an instance where a mouse-over action would be an excellent idea - mouse over the cut off name to have it scroll into view.

The general design idea behind the new interface seems to be "form over function, put the missing information into popups/hover items".

PS: What is the portrait frame of nidus in the UI selection screen for? I'm talking about the middle of the UI selection under "sample". If that is just to show us how a portrait frame would look (where do we have one?) then it really shouldn't display some random platinum price as the first thing when we mouse over it.

At first I thought you were trying to sneak in an advert to get me to buy a package for a frame I already own.

2 minutes ago, Inemos said:

Granted, strictly speaking this is not something I need to know (I can't change it anyway), but it is very often something I want to know.

Well, if you're running RadShares or Corrupted Mods Runs, you kinda need to know what keys/relics people are bringing, so yeah, that's mandatory...

I don't really understand all of the choices that were made, I have to say.

Why when using the D-pad am I able to move the cursor outside of the field or grid I'm trying to navigate then not be able to use the D-pad to get back into that grid?

Using the D-pad locks you out of grids.  And that's if it even functions properly at all.  Try using it in the inventory screen.  Pressing left on the D-pad while in the 3rd column from the left will have the cursor skip the 2nd column and hover over the 1st.  Pressing right on the D-pad will not move the cursor back to the 2nd column at all but pressing any other direction will move the cursor outside of the item grid, unable to get back into the grid unless you use the thumbstick.  Really, really off guys.  As if the 2nd column is inaccessible. haha

Edited by robbybe01234

Baro is here. Why do I not see how many ducats or credits I have when looking at baros inventory. This is bad.

Why do I need to pres tab to see the stats on a weapon in baros inventory. This is silly.

When looking through my inventory, if I just look at prime parts, great, there they are, what are they. I won't know unless I hover over it or use search. This is silly and bad. What is the use of looking at a bunch of parts which I can't tell what is what at a glance. Why do I have to use search or hovering over an item. That isn't what UIs should be.

Updates to a UI shouldn't make information harder to find or require more steps.

Ok, now that Baro Ki'teer has arrived, all I can say is "W T F!?!?!?!"

I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start with the blazingly, blindingly, stupendously obvious: the buying screen. YOU FORGOT TO PUT MY "WALLET" SOMEWHERE! I don't know if i can buy a mod or a weapon or whatever if I don't know how many ducats/credits I have. Not only on the "list" screen that shows all items Baro has brought, but also on the "detail" screen where I can hit "purchase".

I am speechless. HOW? How can you forget something like this?

The selling kiosk has the same problem as the normal inventory: everything looks the same, no way to tell items apart at a glance. And of course you had to reduce previous functionality and remove the ducat value from the list. So now I have to mouse over every single item to see if I want to sell it and for how much.

I'm starting to get a headache from all the facepalm...

Edited by Inemos

I tried to sell items for ducats. Ok so the the ducats and credits are in the top right. This is good.

Then I tried to sell

.OsHHxjT.gif

One screen is the former UI, one is the new one.

Edited by Grithok

I have a mixed opinion on the new UI. First of all, it generally looks nice and sleeker than before, but the new inventory style is really, really bad in my opinion. It doesn't show the item name and leaves me especially confused when i try to look for a specific item for example: a Sybaris Prime barrel which looks exactly like other prime weapon barrels. From what i've understood, you've sacrificed usability for a cleaner look which in my opinion hasn't worked out in your favor. Honestly, it looks worse than before and before was way easier to work with.

Not exaclty sure whether this is the right place to report that but it stems from the new gui (I think).

When I went to Baro, there is no way to determine in his shop how much ducats and credits you have and if you can buy something right now or not. Could you please do it like in all the other new UI and show in the top right corner, how much money we have?

Browsing Syndicate offerings to determine what to purchase is positively painful now.  Especially as you added new things so the pretty pictures of it don't mean diddly squat.  Have to hover over each item.  What a PITA.  Put the text in.

I also noticed you still haven't fixed contributing sentient cores with a controller require obscene numbers of RB clicks to donate.

Based on my experience shopping at Baro, this UI needs more improvement. 

I can't even see how much each stuff cost until I hover my cursor over it, which is really inconvenient. And I can no longer see how much Ducats I have at the shopping list screen. 

And Prisma Grakata shows up as a normal one in its profile pic. 

The art style is nice but it's not so user friendly. First, the little boxes make it hard to see things on a low resolution screen, I am using 1366*768 and Baro's mod display is a bit pain to read. Second, more info on hover is nice, but why remove important information like title? I mean, when you go to the relay and want to sell some prime parts for ducats, you get a screen like this:

kTl6v4V.png

(game language is in Chinese)

it doesn't show what exactly each thing is, and with a lot of icons being identical, you have to move your mouse on each one to confirm, that is painful, also you can't see the ducat value on the icon, which is also inconvenient.

33 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I don't like the new ESC menu in missions how it doesn't let me see all allies in group at once and I have to hover over each person to see them. It wastes too much time. 😞

This is what makes me the most mad, granted its probably only useful in radshare and stuff, but its always nice just pressing esc and seeing what everyone has equipped, now I need to hover over 4 little squares and see windows popup, its aggravating and the leave squad was fine too, that was a popup too, but at least it wasn't the size of an ant and you could do it a lot quicker (at least for me my mouse hand isn't that great but still)

Another thing - when selling items for ducats or credits or whatever:

If you select ALL of a type of item, it should vanish from the left rather than putting that golden triangle in the lower left.  Additionally, if you selected SOME of an item to sell, it should simply reduce the quantity remaining on the left.

I think this is the right place for this? Using a ps4 remote on pc its working fine until I want to use the "leave a squad" or "show profile" option. does not let me use this option only way to leave a squad is if I close the game and re-open it or if the host disbands. I can use everything else on the Esc menu. It works fine if I use mouse and key. 

Went to look at the syndicate UI. I know you guys love this... sad gold color... but it is glaring when you look at what a syndicate offers. If you look at Perrin sequence, you will see all the items they can have. There are the gold mods, the gold ui, the gold factions that approve or hate the perrin sequence, then the blue perrin sequence symbol.

Either make the Perrin sequence symbol also gold to make this UI completely boring or add different colors to say the allied, opposed, and enemy section or let them be their natural colors for those factions.

-Item names/credit values/ducats needs to be added to the picture and make the font bigger (the quantity is already too small).
-We as players should resize our own game images for me I rather have 3 items visible in a row then 6 where I really have to lean towards my monitor to see what is that...
-Hover over function needs to go it is pointless (after the information is displayed).
-My mouse cursor is twice as big as the ingame inventory tabs icons so those needs to get a little bigger.

Edit: Also the wallet should be on a lot of screens.

Edited by PETI258