Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

OH HEY! If you haven’t finished The Sacrifice quest and don’t want to have the juicy bits spoiled (like that yogurt I left in the fridge for too long), TURN BACK NOW. Shield your eyes and hit that back button, we’ll see you here once you’ve finished if you have a bug to share with us. 

If you ran into a bug during the quest and would like to report it because you are fearless, this thread is all yours! 

That said, this thread will be used to house your Update 23: The Sacrifice bug reports. Our resident bug master, [DE]Saske, will be monitoring this thread and relaying prevalent bugs to the DE team for fixes. 

With any update, we focus on fixing the priority issues first as soon as we can! Lower priority bugs that can be reproduced are logged to be fixed when we’ve squashed the monster bugs.  

Bug report guidelines: 

• Be as detailed as possible! The more information we have on the issue, the better we can track down the cause. 
  • Provide steps on how to reproduce the bug that answer "How was I able to produce this bug, and can I do it again?"
  • If possible, provide video and image of the reported issue.  
  • Be respectful - We understand bugs can be frustrating, but the better you can report the bug the better we can get to fixing it.

Thank you! 

• Like 6

I got this message when update finish.

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

I have tried to restart warframe but it shows that text again.

Edit : I ended up reinstalling warframe and it worked, but seriously that's not an ideal fix at all. hope DE can fix this.

Edited by KiJokoBodo
additional info

Helios scanned the sword before I could on earth in the first mission and I was unable to complete the mission. Objective to scan the sword was shown as completed (1/1), but progression was stopped. I was able to abort and restart though.

EDIT: No bug, I just misunderstood the objective. Sorry.

Edited by last1done
Problem exists between chair and keyboard

When I went to "search for umbra" on ceres, I transfered into umbra and went through the cutscene, but when the cutscene was over, I was back out, and it prompted me to transfer into Umbra again, but nothing would happen would I tried.

1 minute ago, crossblessr said:

When I went to "search for umbra" on ceres, I transfered into umbra and went through the cutscene, but when the cutscene was over, I was back out, and it prompted me to transfer into Umbra again, but nothing would happen would I tried.

Update, when i aborted mission, I was excal umbra, when I dont think i was supposed to have him at that point?

Notice to all returning Tenno! If Ordis and your Tenno lack audio, you might just have transmission volume set low/off in the settings! Don't be like me and think it's a bug. It's just an option in the settings you probably forgot about.

• Like 1

After constructing and equipping the Umbra frame for the first time and having it escape, re-opening the equipment screen showed my Oberon, but still had the umbra exalted blade equipped. After leaving the arsenal, game became unresponsive (can't move or open any menus). After forcing Warframe to close and re-opening, I had Umbra equipped and the game acts like I own the Umbra frame like any other warframe, despite me not completing the quest yet.

2nd mission of the quest (explore lau i think). And theres a memory leak after about 20 seconds. Regardless where I am, the crash first started at the code part. Then after that it just crashes regardless, I even went idle just to make sure. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

15 minutes ago, KiJokoBodo said:

I got this message when update finish.

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

I have tried to restart warframe but it shows that text again.

I got the same thing as you 

On "Search for Umbra" on Nuovo, Ceres, I cannot damage Umbra with any void damage. All hits do 0 damage and nothing happens. I've used different frames to see if that was an issue but no dice.

Edit: I've restarted the game, changed amps, removed amp, none of which had any affect on the result. Just stuck in the quest and cannot progress further at this time.

Edited by Trazzy

Umbra too soon:

So I played the mission on Ceres and when I returned to my ship I already had Umbra equipped. My friend told me that he did not receive Umbra. Following the Quest made clear that this is probably not when you were supposed to get Umbra. I can not replicate this bug and have no idea what I did to make it happen. Just wanted to put this out there.

17 minutes ago, crossblessr said:

Update, when i aborted mission, I was excal umbra, when I dont think i was supposed to have him at that point?

Ok, found the actual cause of the bug, if you beat ballas in the minigame too many times before he finishes his dialouge, it will bug out and you cannot progress.

48 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

ok this is weird, never had an issue with any quest, done them all, i go click on " examine lotus's helmet " but i'm not prompted anywhere ? how do i start it lol

Walk to your quarters and examine her helmet. 

So when I got to the point after calming the beast and being able to equip it i tried to switch loudouts because it defaulted back to my main frame loadout so i went back to default and equipped umbra then when i exited the mod screen after switching to regular excal to check my build on him then jumping back to umbra I get locked the moment i switch to umbra meaning nothing in arsenal works

But i can switch between loadout slots

Edited by Lugia
added info

Just now, Lugia said:

So when I got to the point after calming the beast and being able to equip it i tried to switch loudouts because it defaulted back to my main frame loadout so i went back to default and equipped umbra then when i exited the mod screen after switching to regular excal to check my build on him then jumping back to umbra I get locked the moment i switch to umbra meaning nothing in arsenal works

This also happened to me.

After finishing the quest, I equipped Rhino Prime to fix my loadout, but now I can't equip Excal Umbra. It shows as "1 owned" in my codex but it's not in my arsenal at all.

EDIT: Restarting warframe & optimizing the download cache gave me Excal Umbra, plus the 4 inbox rewards.

Edited by flippedbits

Switched from Umbra to another frame before trying to do the last mission in the questline, now when I switch back to Umbra the arsenal menu is completely non-responsive and I can't close it. Shutting down does no good either since it just puts me back in the previous frame so the last mission is non completable.

• Like 5