Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I received Umbra after the first time in the mission that I stunned him with my operator and went into his memories. I started back on my Orbiter in Umbra, could mod him and his exalted. From that point I was able to use him in the mission and fight against Umbra twice more. He was pretty helpful as he fights for you when you are in operator mode.

As some other people have already pointed out, after you build Umbra Excal for the first time (and watch the cutscene) you can immediately go back into your arsenal and re-equip him. You're able to mod him, customize him, and play the rest of the quest like this before you're supposed to have him, which is admittedly funny, but a bit immersion breaking.

4A2901BAEEB3AEC9533FF34365DE7971C937866A

8139EFD734395DF82DD319D63390C8DDC68C0ADB

Steps to replicate:

1. Build Umbra Excalibur when prompted by the quest

2. Equip him, and watch the cutscene

3. Immediately go back into the arsenal. Umbra Excal will be equipped again.

Repeatedly press 5 to transfer in and out of Excal Umbra will give you the transference static debuff.

Steps to reproduce

1. Equip Excal Umbra

2. Repeatedly press 5

3. Notice your Excal Umbra get the transference static debuff. (Which mean you can suicide in Captura!)

2 minutes ago, Rixuel said:

Repeatedly press 5 to transfer in and out of Excal Umbra will give you the transference static debuff.

Steps to reproduce

1. Equip Excal Umbra

2. Repeatedly press 5

3. Notice your Excal Umbra get the transference static debuff. (Which mean you can suicide in Captura!)

i donnt have umbra in my arsenal in my ship anymore i donnt think i can equip it 

On 2018-06-14 at 9:14 PM, Trazzy said:

On "Search for Umbra" on Nuovo, Ceres, I cannot damage Umbra with any void damage. All hits do 0 damage and nothing happens. I've used different frames to see if that was an issue but no dice.

Edit: I've restarted the game, changed amps, removed amp, none of which had any affect on the result. Just stuck in the quest and cannot progress further at this time.

Same here.

{spoiler} {but you already knew that} After i get umbra and i have to return to earth to fight ballas, during the courtyard fight I found that if my operator gets knocked off a cliff and get replaced on the map by the game, ill be put at the mouth of the tunnel to the courtyard, which is now blocked off by rubble, making me restart the level...

On 2018-06-15 at 9:32 AM, arm4geddon-117 said:

ok this is weird, never had an issue with any quest, done them all, i go click on " examine lotus's helmet " but i'm not prompted anywhere ? how do i start it lol

you're supposed to go back to your personal quarters.

Hi DE,

Really enjoyed this quest, but had a few mysterious issues with the "Confront Umbra: Tycho, Lua" stage.  When entering this mission (for the first time), I ended up in the void with only the Operator target in my display (no operator, no warframe), and after moving in some random direction (towards the yellow marker) I fell through the world.  Repeatedly.  I aborted the mission and restarted from Navigation (in my warframe).  I ended up in the void again, but this time when I moved, I ended up outside of the void:

68bp5k.jpg

I moved further and ended up locked in a holo-deck with Umbra (so I aborted again):

2m81eub.jpg

I thought this was a bit weird, so exited out of the game entirely and relaunched it (have you tried turning it off and on again?).  I restarted the game, switched over to my Operator and tried starting the quest again.  I dropped into the mission to be presented with darkness:

29ohphy.jpg

This is the very start of the quest (check out Ordis) and if I went into void mode, my Operator and Umbra lit up like poltergeists:

1pwfh1.jpg

So, after taking a few more captures, I abandoned the mission and tried again.  This time in sepia tones AND piloting Umbra (and a different step in the storyline (but check out Ordis again), according to a fellow tenno):

vxj9y0.jpg

So I tried the good-ol' "/unstuck" and it started the cut-scene with Umbra under a tree.  At this point I force quit (because spoilers!)  and restarted my computer (with Windows 10 updates).  After restarting my computer, and relaunching Warframe and the mission... it finally worked.

Not sure what was going on here, but it was spectacular.  Tycho was the only stage in this quest-line where I had any issues.

Yours Glitchily,

Tenno

Edited by Quiesenze
fixed images

Frequently after swapping from Operator back into Umbra, the camera will quickly whip back and forth a couple seconds afterwards. It goes back to normal right away but it is irritating.
I was running a kuva flood on earth, on the tile that's a shallow water basin in the middle where the siphon spawns, next to the large hollow log tunnel. I had swapped to and from operator a few times, watching to see how well Umbra does at shooting things with Arca Plasmor, and causing a lot of bullet attractors with Unairu's Void Blast powers to help him out. After about the fourth time swapping back into Umbra, several things happened and continued until I let myself get downed and die: I couldn't shoot or use powers, I couldn't swap to operator, I couldn't melee, I could walk/run and bullet jump freely but not roll, Umbra wouldn't face where the crosshair is unless I aimed with RMB, Umbra would keep facing and "running" in the last direction I RMB aimed until I did it again which resulted in lots of moonwalking, I took extremely reduced damage and enemies had a hard time properly aiming at me, and jumping into a bottomless pit did not put me back to normal. For the first 20 seconds or so of this, I was actually T-posing and sliding around, and I had strangely limited mobility in that I could still move and jump, but sometimes I could not turn and I'd end up stuck in a corner. I was actively trying to get killed, but these level 80+ Grineer were like so many mosquitoes, and my Djinn was still healing me so it took a long time to die. Once I ran out the bleedout timer, died, and resurrected, everything was fine again. The whole situation lasted for about 5 minutes until I could find a group large enough to kill me without my teammates killing them. I took screenshots but there's no way to tell what was going on besides my scarf trailing in a direction that was incongruous with the apparent direction I was walking.
I noticed that Umbra wasn't attacking enemies sometimes unless I started dealing damage to them as my Operator. It may have been because Djinn had temporarily zombified them, or because one of my teammates had incapacitated them - Umbra may have not recognized them as any threat priority. This was during Elite Onslaught, against Grineer, in the tubemen tile that isn't the sabotage room.

Edited by Pfysicyst

4 hours ago, Fireshock said:

As some other people have already pointed out, after you build Umbra Excal for the first time (and watch the cutscene) you can immediately go back into your arsenal and re-equip him. You're able to mod him, customize him, and play the rest of the quest like this before you're supposed to have him, which is admittedly funny, but a bit immersion breaking.

4A2901BAEEB3AEC9533FF34365DE7971C937866A

8139EFD734395DF82DD319D63390C8DDC68C0ADB

Steps to replicate:

1. Build Umbra Excalibur when prompted by the quest

2. Equip him, and watch the cutscene

3. Immediately go back into the arsenal. Umbra Excal will be equipped again.

I did this before, but didn't change anything, just looked at the mods and exited. I was stuck in the arsenal location, looking towards the front of the ship, and couldn't do anything but use chat. I couldn't bring up the menu with ESC so I had to alt+f4.

21 hours ago, Gen0s said:

Because during "Search for Umbra" you need to do void blast(E) to umbra, not void beam(Left Mouse Click). After that press 5 to do transference.

On the second mission, void beam wouldn't remove his shield, which you had to do before hitting him with the stun-and-transfer; it was fixed after one of the hotfixes though, but thanks for the reply dude. 😉 

During the mission on Neptune I transfer into umbra the first time but when the cutscene ends it tells me to transfer into him again however he is frozen and after I stun him and try to transfer into him it doesn't work. Escape also doesn't bring up the menu.

Please DE stop releasing buggy quests!!!

Edited by TheWoko

3 hours ago, Caloss2 said:

On the second mission, void beam wouldn't remove his shield, which you had to do before hitting him with the stun-and-transfer; it was fixed after one of the hotfixes though, but thanks for the reply dude. 😉 

Try e, got it.

Here are some more Bugs i encountered:

The New operator Cosmetics clip into his Face:

IRVroC3.jpg

zA9la3W.jpg

When transferring back to UMBRA you get a Stack of the Interference Debuff (which you normally get when downed as Operator):

TNAQiZ8.jpg

Lastly, if you transfer in and out of UMBRA rapidly it prevents the further use of Transference (Pressing 5 won't engage Operatormode):

o7OY8W2.jpg

17 hours ago, Inemos said:

We may be on to something here. When I got stuck I was also using Octavia. I switched to Oberon and the quest worked.

I've repeatedly experienced being stuck in mission versus a frozen Umbra after a Ballas cutscene happening when using Octavia too.

So once you get Excalibur Umbra, and after you're done with the quest, if you use transference to exit him, then go back even without taking damage, you'll fly back and get transference static for nothin. 

So I noticed this after I got stuck, but near the cliff there's one mimic that doesn't show up if you stay near the tree. This is why it gets stuck since you haven't killed all the sentients, but the game just says you did. To fix it go to the right of the tree and just kill the mimic posing as a rock before killing everything else.

1 hour ago, Zazorok said:

So once you get Excalibur Umbra, and after you're done with the quest, if you use transference to exit him, then go back even without taking damage, you'll fly back and get transference static for nothin. 

Yeah; there are 3 or 4 threads all reporting same thing.  It's a universal glitch that happend on the last hot-fix.  At least I'm hoping it's glitch and not a sneaky stealth nerf imposed on us.😣