Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

When I finally took down the Sentients that Ballas called, Umbra (Which was the warframe I chose to take) sheathed the exalted blade and now I'm stuck with Ballas standing with its shield on and Umbra not being able to activate abilities or Transference

I had a issue that after during the confronting of

14 minutes ago, DivineBoredom said:

After defeating all of the sentients on Earth before confronting Ballas, the story stops. I can still run around in the area but there are no more enemies and Ballas is standing by the tree that is set on fire. The quest objective "defeat all sentients" is gone since I completed it, now it's just frozen. I tried restarting the mission and got the same result. Other clan members are having the same issue.

i resolved this by staying in my spoiler mode and killing the rocks that didn't transform

vor einer Stunde schrieb Blu3:

Umbra too soon:

So I played the mission on Ceres and when I returned to my ship I already had Umbra equipped. My friend told me that he did not receive Umbra. Following the Quest made clear that this is probably not when you were supposed to get Umbra. I can not replicate this bug and have no idea what I did to make it happen. Just wanted to put this out there.

So I rethought all things I did before starting the mission after which I received Umbra and I can remember that I switched my Loadout to the last slot from my previous Loadout and then switched back to the previous one. After I finished the mission, my last Loadout was selected and Umbra was there instead of my Mirage (or something). I hope that helps.

3 minutes ago, loopyguy27 said:

When I finally took down the Sentients that Ballas called, Umbra (Which was the warframe I chose to take) sheathed the exalted blade and now I'm stuck with Ballas standing with its shield on and Umbra not being able to activate abilities or Transference

Yeah, this seems to be a very common occurrence 

Unable to finish final mission. Unsure exactly what conditions triggered it, but after killing sentients after confronting Ballas, weapons are holstered, but no progression in the quest mission

Sitting here staring at Ballas in his sheild, unable to interact or use weapons

Just now, hpsempfi said:

Unable to finish final mission. Unsure exactly what conditions triggered it, but after killing sentients after confronting Ballas, weapons are holstered, but no progression in the quest mission

Sitting here staring at Ballas in his sheild, unable to interact or use weapons

Your problem is one that everyone is having, there is not currently a fix, but there probably will be one soon.

I'm currently at the part where Ballas is in front of the burning tree and the sentients come and attack you. I think I was supposed to get a cutscene or something when I defeated them all but instead nothing happens. 

6 minutes ago, Vegito117 said:

Hi.

In the mission where I face ballas, when the tree burns, after I beat the sentients nothing happens. I can move around but i can't use my weapons or my operator and ballas is just standing there.

You must Defeat the Enemy in Void Mode, Then you will see the quest progress.  (BTW ithink it is bugged)

Edited by djcubed4

Just now, Raceriouszzz1 said:

do i have to fight in operator mode? cuz Umbra doesnt do anything when i do

others said to fight the mimic in operator mode and that fixes the bug apparently sooo u can try. I'm still trying to get the freaking launcher to update lol 

2 bugs ive encountered:

1. loss of ui functionality requiring me to force quit to solve. Before triggering this glitch i was having a look to see if i could forma my regular warframes with umbra slots to fit the new mods (you cant) and backed out of the forma screen, and then i went into excal umbra to see if you could forma out the umbra slots. it looks like you can but i cancelled back out and when i got to the main arsenal screen i could no longer click on anything. i also tried using keyboard commands to access the ui but the only thing that worked was accessing the abilities screen and jumping back out of the abilities screen. i had to alt-f4 the game to fix the issue
  2. when confronting ballas, after killing the sentients the cutscene failed to trigger, it appears to possibly have some connection to having excal umbra's exalted blade equipped when the cutscene should trigger, need some others to confirm this.

Spoiler

Hello!

I'm supposed to go back to Earth with Umbra, but I swapped out back to Mesa before it told me I had to go as Umbra. I go back to switch to Umbra and it won't let me leave the Arsenal screen unless I hard quit. Which puts me back in my Mesa. 

I can rotate the frame, but all the buttons are unresponsive and I can't change back to Mesa or anything.

Amazing quest though! I just managed to bug myself out with it. Woops.

Edited by Mesa

I've been reading posts about Update 23 Crashes, mostly from SEA.

It has something to do with "Some updates could not be downloaded from our servers."

I experienced that the first time, and then closed the launcher until a later time.

Does this always happen in big Updates after being released on the launch day?

Edited by zerofighter005v

Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but the "Confront Umbra" step on Lua is completely broken for me. At least three times loading in I am stuck in the orokin tower skybox (best thing I can compare too), once in complete darkness, and once I was a combination of my operator and Umbra, and was able to void dash to the actual tileset - however, when I got to the point where I actually confront Umbra, I can't damage him (as abilites 1-4 are Umbra's, and pressing 5 to try to transfer out just uses slash dash, and I had Umbra's sword instead of an amp)

1 minute ago, zerofighter005v said:

I've been reading posts about Update 23 Crashes, mostly from SEA.

Does this always happen in big Updates after being released on the launch day?

Yes because we get impatient and DE tries their best and then bugs happen and hotfixes come right after. Idk why the console people are complaining about getting the quest later than us, we're the beta testers essentially. We find all the bugs and stuff and they get the polished version