Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pigment not dropping

(PSN)need_nase

I've been trying to get pigment from Vay Hek and it wasn't dropping, even though it was the active target. We searched everything around the area he's fought and nothing appeared. Later we changed the target so we had to kill Condrocs, still no pigment dropped. Is this a normal problem? It worked for previous colour research. 

I remember someone saying that you had to wait until he said most of his lines in the final stage, THEN kill him in a spot away from the water to get pigment. I don’t know why exactly, but it got me my pigment.

As for Condracs.. we gave up. Killed a bunch and got nothing. Figured it was just bad RNG.

There may be a trick to Vay Hek, but in my previous experience, he does not drop pigment 100% of the time as he's supposed to.  This has been an issue for years.

As for Condrocs, they are a rare pigment drop.  I can attest that they do drop pigment, but it's super rare on a super rare critter.  Also, if they take flight, they don't drop pigment, and the ones that autospawn (flying around the map) will similarly not drop pigment.  You have to find them on the ground and kill them before they are alerted.  For that, I used a range Equinox Maim build and killed them with Maim before they saw me.  I ran around a circuit north from the start, cutting over to the lake then south to the end of the lake, then, circling back up.  It's a terrible grind, but do-able.  I suggest you have at least one of the drop boosters since they both double the amount of pigment obtained.

11 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

There may be a trick to Vay Hek, but in my previous experience, he does not drop pigment 100% of the time as he's supposed to.  This has been an issue for years.

As for Condrocs, they are a rare pigment drop.  I can attest that they do drop pigment, but it's super rare on a super rare critter.  Also, if they take flight, they don't drop pigment, and the ones that autospawn (flying around the map) will similarly not drop pigment.  You have to find them on the ground and kill them before they are alerted.  For that, I used a range Equinox Maim build and killed them with Maim before they saw me.  I ran around a circuit north from the start, cutting over to the lake then south to the end of the lake, then, circling back up.  It's a terrible grind, but do-able.  I suggest you have at least one of the drop boosters since they both double the amount of pigment obtained.

We only received drops of Vay Hek when we did it in his order, and no other time. We only had to do his boss fight a few times and we got all the pigment this way. 

As for the in flight Condracs that’s entirely false. Both ones in flight and in groups have dropped pigment for me. It’s rare and random, but any Condracs drop it.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

On 2018-06-23 at 6:01 PM, (PS4)nickalex316 said:

I've been having the same issues with the mortus pink pigment. The little rats don't drop any and I've run many plain runs with a desecrate nekros and to add they're so hard to find already 

Make sure the pigment is actually being researched.  I've had instances where I started the research, gone to the plains, had no pigment drop, went back to the dojo, and then found that the research paused itself for some reason.

If it is active, I can suggest a couple things.  1.  Try to start a different one, and then re-activate the kuaka pigment.  2.  Instead of Nekros, use a maim equinox with tons of range and loot detection or Ivara with enemy detection mods.  Yes, Nekros gives you more chances at loot drops, but Equinox will quickly kill them from range before they can run away, and you only need to find the loot they drop.  Ivara will give you extra rolls at the loot and you'll be able to sneak up on them and kill them before they run away.

Good luck.