Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Update 23

[DE]Megan

Just want to say thanks for jipping us 10 capacity on modding exalted weapons thanks to their stance mods not having a drain for them to double. At least leave them unpolarized so we can work at getting back to 70 capacity for our weapons again. You also can't tell what S#&$ is without mousing over it when turning in ducats, so now I have to memorize every single piece of gear I own?  Thanks, DE. 

Edited by Andevarg
addition of content feedback

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Also why? Rip hunter's synergy, vital sense and point strike buffs. And was the crit always so low on Dex Pixia? Not to mention it utterly ruins my eidolon hunting build because my crit pistol build doesn't have room for radiation.

So Titania already has 5 forma in her...now im going to have to put 2 more forma into her each of her weapons (4 all together)? Plus two for Valkyr, two for Ivara, and I haven't figured out how many for Mesa yet. Are you serious? The Exalted Weapons changes seems to me like it's just a giant cash grab so we buy more Forma. I will not buy that much forma to fix this colossal mess. I will not be giving you any more money. On top of that the UI is awful, no longer streamlined, and full of a lot of unnecessary clutter. On top of that the item names are no longer displayed, you have to mouse over them to see what it is (at least on the ducat kiosk sell page). Why needlessly overcomplicate things? Have you ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  So much for saving for Limbo (did you have to heavily nerf him because people are to incompetent to play him/play with him in pugs and instead of learning to play with limbo they instead cry about what an annoying troll he is?) I've now gone from sporadically getting giddy thinking "Limbo Priiiiiiime in x days" to "think i'm going to find a new game to play..." Since the Ember nerf and subsequent (bad) decisions made by DE I went from playing several hours a day to playing a few hours a day to just logging on to do my sortie and maybe go try a couple new things out from time to time.Now I'm not sure if I will even be doing that. You guys have come out with a lot of questionable updates but this one seriously takes the cake for me.

Edited by Ellisaria

For me, clearly DE need to do Polling to player on which polarity that each exalted weapon rather than deciding themselves. That's more democratic and player choice. Now i have to adjust all the things because clearly, DE doesn't want the exalted weapon being too powerful with riven, as they clearly state that no exalted weapon riven.

So ignoring the terrible changes to Limbo.

Well done on the quest DE, very enjoyable and excited to see more of the story!

But,

I'm not sure giving us the worst sword in existence then making us fight a bunch of sentient with it was the right call. I have load outs and weapons that murder sentient by the dozens, but because of the mods it seemed like you wanted us to fight with that sword and umbra. Obviously this is NOT true because that sword does squat for dmg.

All my nikanas do more than it, and they don't have the super special mods it does! Trying to win with that sword was a nightmare! You made enemies super weak in the other story quests, why did you decide to make them strong and kill the buzz of feeling like a bad-ass I had?

35 minutes ago, megamino said:

For me, clearly DE need to do Polling to player on which polarity that each exalted weapon rather than deciding themselves. That's more democratic and player choice. Now i have to adjust all the things because clearly, DE doesn't want the exalted weapon being too powerful with riven, as they clearly state that no exalted weapon riven.

DE already made it clear beforehand that riven mods didn't work with exalted weapons when factoring your melee weapons mods into their statistics prior to this update. nothing changed on that front. this just lets you mod your melee weapon freely without having to mod it specifically for the exalted weapon. Losing stance bonus does suck though.

12 minutes ago, Andevarg said:

DE already made it clear beforehand that riven mods didn't work with exalted weapons when factoring your melee weapons mods into their statistics prior to this update. nothing changed on that front. this just lets you mod your melee weapon freely without having to mod it specifically for the exalted weapon. Losing stance bonus does suck though.

and the reason should be about riven stats... and i agree with that, but with that they should come with polarity that majority of player use, like i don't know valkyr talons for me doesn't use 2 dash polarity because i don't use it for elemental combo 

Why is it that Khora's Venari still is able to EQUIP the exact same mod as your other PET?!? WHY IS THIS STILL A THING!? KHORA'S BEEN OUT FOR SO LONG AND THIS ISN'T FIXED YET!?!?!?!?!?

WHY is it still a thing that Venari isn't buffed by the hunter set mod bonus!??!?!?!?!?!?! I'm so tired of asking s o much and nev er getting an answer - I just guess you might now - but for whatever reason this still isn't fixed - I've spent more than 200k endo to have a copy of every single mod I needed to also equip on Venari but that is just #*!%ing useless now. 

I've tried talking with respect back on the days Khora was released, because even back then this was an issue - you don't seem to care that it is an issue though. But now I'm getting really tired that this is something that hasn't been fixed yet! Khora has been out for quite a while now and still there are these minor irritating bugs with her that you don't seem to care about fixing.. why is it that this still has to be an issue?

My proposal for exalted weapons mods: 

They have infinite mod points, but the mod points used increase the energy cost - cast and drain - for the Exalted ability only. The more points used, the greater the cost. 

To compensate, number of Forma in the Warframe itself reduce rate this additional energy cost scales up. 

This update made me mad because from the very first days of my playthrough i didn't have any male frames. I didn't even craft a single male frame past 5 years.

And now i'm forced to have this black dude with piercing and edgy scarf in my beloved harem! I can't even sell him ffs.

At least make choosable frames in this kind of quests like umbra mag...

God damn it! 😠

😢

Ok, ever since the update dropped and we got parts of the new UI my in world-UI screens, those being the foundry and weapon and warframe upgrade screens have all had this inexplicable choppy camera movement. Anytime I try to do anything with my builds, if I had to guess, the camera movement is too precise in tracking mouse movement, instead of the smooth, steady drag, thus resulting in this aforementioned jerkiness. It may also be the result of an unlisted or unintentional change in DPI or input lag/delays that came in with Update 23. This all  may sound small, but make no mistake, this makes it impossible for me to actually do anything in those menus as the camera movement is nothing short of a disorienting, vertigo-inducing, major pain in the eyes! The issue appears at random points in any given play session and is fixed only after relogging.  

Il y a 2 heures, pioa a dit :

This update made me mad because from the very first days of my playthrough i didn't have any male frames. I didn't even craft a single male frame past 5 years.

And now i'm forced to have this black dude with piercing and edgy scarf in my beloved harem! I can't even sell him ffs.

At least make choosable frames in this kind of quests like umbra mag...

God damn it! 😠

😢

What.

You knew Umbra was the quest's reward.

Edited by Northstar-

My most serious gripes with The Sacrifice update: Exalted weapons / cosmetic prices / New UI

---TLDR:---

Ya boi, Greggy, has some issues to raise:

1. Exalted weapons should NOT take this much additional forma. They are an not additional gear that can be used by every frame but and extension of the Warframes they belong to.
  2. Some new cosmetics (Nikana skin, Operator cosmetics) are disproportionally expensive. Their prices should be adjusted.
  3. Some empty-looking screens, lack of names and prices on items, no "Remember my logon details" checkbox, Game Mode type can't be set on a controller.

The quest was nice, like the new UI (could use a bit of work though) but I'm just a bit disappointment by the lack of new content brought by the quest. The past 2 big mainline quests introduced new content to the game, this one did not. I just hope you give us more Umbra stuff soon.

I posted this on a a youtube video where we where asked about our interest on a UI review from a content creator:

Hi! I would like to see this "themes" review!!! Mostly because i did not notice where the changes are and I do not know where I should be looking for these changes....I mean what changed?

Hi! I am back to answer my own question... With Baro arrival and the need to place my new decorations I end up finding what changed with this new UI...And I am not in good terms with it...

I have low vision and I am finding myself having to check 10 times more before selling stuff... The inventory screen is simple not helping me :/

I posted somewhere that I was afraid of this UI revamp because Warframe UI was a little weird but it was friendly for me because the names of the items were there and the font the game have is super clean and easy for me to read...but now they are all gone!

I went to see what baro brought us this time and to sell my prime parts but I got nothing and sold nothing because I am afraid to sell something that I do not want to sell because I cant Easily tell the diference between the items :/... Now I am looking for a way to go back to old UI... :/

I guess that is what sacrifice is all about right?

PS: I am in love with the quest!!!!! Super cool super awesome and not what I was expecting at all!!!

Edited by khamayl

I was excited when I saw the new Orokin puzzle mechanics, I thought this will now be a thing with new Orokin content. I was really excited when I saw Umbra fighting on his own when transferring outside, I thought now all our warframes would "wake up" and be able to do this. And oh how I was disappointed when I realized that none of those things were introduced in the game itself.

Don't get me wrong, the quest was epic, maybe even the best one so far IMO, and seeing the Lotus back as a Sentient really hit the feels. But ending on an even bigger cliffhanger than we started from and realizing that the continuation is likely at least several months (likely more than half a year) away is kind of sad, not to mention the basically throwaway new mechanics that would be so cool if they could be used in the actual game.

Who knows, maybe all I said here will be rendered irrelevant on TennoCon, but so far I don't really know how to think about all this. I love it, but also kind of sad at the same time.

P.S. Umbra's eye. Wow. That's something I won't be able to unsee, nor stop thinking about all my other warframes in that way.

Was away when the update dropped but now I'm back and I'm eager to play the next cinematic quest!

One small thing though, reading the patch notes I notice that Valkyrs Talons aren't customisable? I was looking forward to using a different energy colour for her claws. Any chance you could offer that to us?

Edited by JCBeastie