Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Update 23

[DE]Megan

Loved this Quest, but I am filled with questions. (questions in spoiler tab)

Spoiler

1: Will we have to wait a year for the resolution, because that ending did not wrap up the trilogy. I understand you need time to make the Tau system, but a year is a long time to live without a conclusion to the Lotus' story. 

2: Will there be more Umbra frames, or is it just going to be this one, because that kinda sucks. It has been said before that the Umbra frames would have a different acquisition system than primes and regular frames. The confusion comes from the fact that Umbras have been referred to in a plural fashion, but it looks like (Excalibur) Umbra will be the only one of its' kind.

3: Will we see more of the Umbra/Sacrificial mods in the future, will the umbra polarity have more significance in the future, maybe in Tau? 

4: On Umbras again, will they be acquired in the Tau system? Possibly from reclaiming infested golems from the long silenced battlefields of The Old War. Will this make the Helminth room useful, or will it remain as a tedious way to get cysts of our necks.

Thank you for reading.

The old inventory was better, it's very to painful to manage lot of items now that you removed item names from below items. I hope you change it or at least give option to switch to classic inventory UI. Besides that, and update failure (had to use vpn to make it work), looks like great update, quest is awesome and new themes looks excellent.

Just please change this inventory, it's so bad

В 16.06.2018 в 06:06, Rinaldos сказал:

(Spoiler and review)

Скрыть контент

Scanning was annoying as hell.

I really like the lore part, but battling Umbra with operator is plainly annoying - die, die, die, die and.. die! At least devs understood that resetting your progress (as they did in the previous quests) is terrible idea.

Not sure how you managed to die several times in a row.

All you had to do is dash away whenever he was closing in on you. Annoying? A bit. But that's about it.

Imo golden maw or whatever it was called was way WAY worse because you had to use moves that you just learned for the first time and overall it was wonky af

Il y a 11 heures, TrueAxeon a dit :

I was excited when I saw the new Orokin puzzle mechanics, I thought this will now be a thing with new Orokin content. I was really excited when I saw Umbra fighting on his own when transferring outside, I thought now all our warframes would "wake up" and be able to do this. And oh how I was disappointed when I realized that none of those things were introduced in the game itself. 

Exactly this.
Plus the non existent Tau Polarity.

Don't get me wrong, the quest was great,  but it didn't bring anything really crunchy... (game mechanics)

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Not sure how you managed to die several times in a row.

All you had to do is dash away whenever he was closing in on you. Annoying? A bit. But that's about it.

Imo golden maw or whatever it was called was way WAY worse because you had to use moves that you just learned for the first time and overall it was wonky af

I did void dash basicly all the time and still died 10 times. Because Umbra didn't care about range or me being in a void dash. He just killed me anyways. Not really a problem though, was it all the same in the Quests before.

Edited by -Reinhardsson-

DE,

I did not notice this prior to hotfixes for Sacrifice, and I'm begging others to try also.   It seems the Braton Prime is firing multiple blanks.  quite often actually.   I've been running Hydron a lot in the past 24 hrs.  It's been kind of frustrating. I have switched to the Soma for the time being as it does not seem affected. I have been point blank firing right into their chest and nothing but animation and sound...   No damage, no bullet holes. It's a 98% status build, and I do not even get procs on that.  It seems some kind of bug. Please look into it.

Move post if this is the wrong place to post this.

Been trying to fire it into the air and I only see tracers every so often(which is probably normal.  IDK cause I never really pay attention to it.)

Players please test this also to see if it's something on my end. It does not happen all of the time. I will say 10-20% though.

Thanks for all the awesome content! Love you guys and gals over at DE :) 

The new UI is a major improvement in many cases, but when browsing your own inventory to sell trash it is sort of hard to distinguish trash from stuff you absolutely don't want to sell. Perhaps you could make BP's stand out more from parts or warframes. I would hate to accidentally sell a warframe or weapon instead of the obsolete BP.

Overall I like the new UI, when host migration came we're done.

So please, bring back old UI menu function and feature, like :

1. That 3 horizontal bar on the left side of glyph icon on top left corner to open menu.
  2. Press ESC or Space to cancel host migration while game in progress.
  3. Mouse cursor when open chat in loading screen.

Thanks.

I have to Alt F4 everytime when host migration came and that's time consuming.

Edited by ZackNeutron

Too many lags in loadings. Especially a very long time before requesting a password. Friezes when other players connecting to you when the game has already started. Sometimes very long loading before going to the Plains from Cetus, and that's solo! There were endless loadings in solo game also ((

On 2018-06-15 at 2:51 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Old Man Sumbaat also has new offerings for the Tenno! Visit him in Cetus to trade Ostron Standing for everything from decorative fruit baskets, to baskets of spices, to... boots? Now your Orbiter can look (and smell) a little more like Cetus!

100K standing for a boot? Are you f*cking kidding me? All the new additions to Suumbaat are overpriced by at least an order of magnitude. Come on with this.

I remember seeing an old version of the loading screen where you saw people's frames instead of the little ships and thought 'That'd be great, I'd get to see who I'm playing with and any fun Fashion Frames to boot'

I consoled myself with the fact that I could escape to see everyone's loadouts even if I'd miss some fun fashion frames that way.

Now we don't even see the loadouts without hovering over each individual player, which seems like a step back.

Could we have a step in the direction of it being easy to see what everyone else is and has instead?  I really dug that old loading screen.

The exalted weapon system is awesome, but also at the same time a disappointment. As now For some warframes you have to sink even more forma into them to get all your mods into them. Also, the stances don't even push the mod capacity up which means instead of two or three forma, you need even more.

On 2018-06-14 at 8:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Following what we started in our previous mainline, we’ve made thousands more micro-optimizations to hundreds of scripts, including Warframe Powers, Precepts, Enemy Logic, Weapon Behaviors, Game-Modes, and the UI.

I hope its not really "thousands" because that means its thousands of micro-optimizations you will have to review to find out what broke

• Host migrations
  • Enemy hit box detection

Titania's Dex Pixia base crit chance is only 10% instead of 15% now. This wasn't mentioned anywhere, is it a mistake?

Wukong's Iron Staff's base status chance is only 10% instead of 25% now. Also wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Please fix this.

On 2018-06-15 at 2:51 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

Consistency needs to be brought to the Riven System before it strays further from its initial intentions.

Those "initial intentions" were just a smokescreen.

It was always a way to extend the grind first, and a balancing factor for underused equipment at a very distant 5th at best.

Am 17.6.2018 um 01:19 schrieb TrueAxeon:

I was excited when I saw the new Orokin puzzle mechanics, I thought this will now be a thing with new Orokin content. I was really excited when I saw Umbra fighting on his own when transferring outside, I thought now all our warframes would "wake up" and be able to do this. And oh how I was disappointed when I realized that none of those things were introduced in the game itself.

Don't get me wrong, the quest was epic, maybe even the best one so far IMO, and seeing the Lotus back as a Sentient really hit the feels. But ending on an even bigger cliffhanger than we started from and realizing that the continuation is likely at least several months (likely more than half a year) away is kind of sad, not to mention the basically throwaway new mechanics that would be so cool if they could be used in the actual game.

Who knows, maybe all I said here will be rendered irrelevant on TennoCon, but so far I don't really know how to think about all this. I love it, but also kind of sad at the same time.

P.S. Umbra's eye. Wow. That's something I won't be able to unsee, nor stop thinking about all my other warframes in that way.

Well i think the "awakend frame " should be something special to the umbra frame/s, considering that not even the umbral mods are exclusive to the frame, i like it that atleast that one mechanic makes him somewhat special.

About the new orokin cypher i agree they are awesome and i hope we will see them again, but i can also understand why they were not implemented in the same way in the base game for a couple of reason, first they only got introduced in this quest meaning players should also unly be able to come across them after beating the quest, secondly they are kindyá bad for game flow compare to the other ones, so they would have to make them simpler, by maybe not having the player to have to look for the symbols, maybe a version that functions just like it but starting with the already discovered symbols might work better.

I find it weird that Khora's thing gets mastery while other exalteds do not, it should be either all or none. Either remove the mastery from Khora or give it to all exalteds, just be consistent about it.