Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTF now we need 2342343 forma for exalted's?

SaidTheRogue

I much prefer it this way. I can now use my exalted weapon and still bring along whatever melee/secondary I want to without worrying about how it affects said exalted weapon, which I couldn't before. That is actually great.

46 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You mean the few people that suggested somehow making polarization from the frame carry over? Do tell how that would work. Either they give you a forma charge that is forced for you to use when you polarize a warframe slot, or the same polarity from the frame is used in the same slot on the exalted. Neither of those are a clean solution. DE compromised by giving 3 polarities innate to the weapons, better than most Primes, using the commonly used polarities, as many other people were requesting with the split exalted. Use the full picture when you argue, telling half of it doesn't help you.

Then why was not it told before?  clearly, Why was this compromise not told before?  They had clear record of what stats stick people use and how many forma and what forma we use. They why they decided to not give optimum build? and why make this changes now?  
Never take a Grind for granted, Just because they could have does worse does not mean that current implementation should be accepted. If it was 3 pol then why they just didn't let us decide those 3 pols? 

27 minutes ago, RainMarvel said:

They why they decided to not give optimum build? and why make this changes now?  

Because optimal build is very subjective and changes per person/player.  What is optimal for you isn't for everyone else.  

Example, My Optimal build for Artemis didn't even require me to forma it.  I only did it so that could have all fully ranked mods as I was previously short only one point.  

For Titania I only had to forma to fit in the two fully ranked Primed Mods.  I could have used the regular versions and not needed to forma at all.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

7 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Guys it's like 2-3 forma it's not a big deal. It's not like you've never put 5 forma on other stuff.

Like other people said in other threads. It's a grind game. You play it for the grind. 

You don't get it.

This was supposed to be a QoL change but it's just screwing us over in the end. I'm not formaing any exalted weapons until theres some change to them. 

I've put in pleanty of formas into weapons and Warframes already to make the exalted weapon stronger before. Now we have to put MORE forma into them? With a day long wait between each one its a real pain in the ass (and no, not all of us are blessed with the plat. to rush them either, let alone buy forma packs).

I shouldn't have to go through 15 - 20 forma just for one f***ing frame along with (literal) days of grinding or burnout just trying to re-level one single frame to its potential just to restore my exalted weapons back to their PRIOR status.

If nothing else, DE should have just also given an infinite polarity space to these things, they are our energy manifested into the form of a weapon.

Edited by Prime-Ares

4 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

You don't get it.

This was supposed to be a QoL change but it's just screwing us over in the end. I'm not formaing any exalted weapons until theres some change to them. 

I've put in pleanty of formas into weapons and Warframes already to make the exalted weapon stronger before. Now we have to put MORE forma into them? With a day long wait between each one its a real pain in the ass (and no, not all of us are blessed with the plat. to rush them either, let alone buy forma packs).

I shouldn't have to go through 15 - 20 forma just for one f***ing frame along with (literal) days of grinding or burnout just trying to re-level one single frame to its potential just to restore my exalted weapons back to their PRIOR status.

If nothing else, DE should have just also given an infinite polarity space to these things, they are our energy manifested into the form of a weapon.

Wah waah waahh.  You don't have to use anywhere close to 10 forma on any one frame and definitely not 15+.   That's even including Titania who has the most forma needs out of them all.  This over exaggerating needs to stop.  

Also you would have to spend plat or wait if you would have been building forma when we all first got the announcement of the changes.  

The only complaint to really be made is about polarities not carrying over from previously used forma on the frame.  That would have caused a different issue if that would have been done.  So DE took the middle option and gave us 3 polarities on all exalted weapons from the start.  

It's your choice to forma them or not.  Just please don't shout out over exaggerations and opinions as if they are facts.  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Wah waah waahh.  You don't have to use anywhere close to 10 forma on any one frame and definitely not 15+.

Just please don't shout out over exaggerations and opinions as if they are facts.  

The point was we shouldn't have to "reforma" items already once at full power.

And yes. With both the frame, and the exalted item combined, it can come to be between 10 - 15 formas. Try to keep up with the builds nowadays. Unless you like to half-ass them below their full potential.

In case you still can't conceive such a simple concept, I'll dumb it down for you:

Before the change, an exalted melee weapon used the mods of your equipped melee weapon. Exalted weapons now have their own mod slots. Exalted weapons do not get extra capacity from stance mods, effectively giving them 10 less capacity. This has a significant effect on the number of forma needed for a build.

Edited by Prime-Ares

Why do you need it...?

With no forma build, my valkyr claw does 6k~7k per hit on lv140 corrupted heavy gunner...  and 1.2m on finisher. (yes, with AI turned on).

I don't even see the point of improving this anymore...

once again.. its the principle of the matter.

a few forma here and there isnt the issue. kinda annoying yes, but even semi-new players like myself know that forma isnt the end of the world.

the point is, the decision making behind this. its worrying. i mean who at DE did NOT realize what a cluster-eff this would be, regarding the forma, the grinding, etc? so therefore, they did this very much on purpose and they were all saying, oh its ok, ppl with over a dozen frames, well they can just cough up the dozens of forma and however many hours upon hours of leveling.....

seriously?

33 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

The point was we shouldn't have to "reforma" items already once at full power.

And yes. With both the frame, and the exalted item combined, it can come to be between 10 - 15 formas. Try to keep up with the builds nowadays. Unless you like to half-ass them below their full potential.

In case you still can't conceive such a simple concept, I'll dumb it down for you:

Before the change, an exalted melee weapon used the mods of your equipped melee weapon. Exalted weapons now have their own mod slots. Exalted weapons do not get extra capacity from stance mods, effectively giving them 10 less capacity. This has a significant effect on the number of forma needed for a build.

And you can't seem to make a viable build without wasting lots of forma.  Try to make your own builds for once in your life.  

I don't copy the builds of others.  I make my own builds that fit my playstyle, frames, and me.  I also completely understand exactly why my builds work and why some of the other builds that are generally copied work too.  

Not once have I ever needed to forma any frame or weapon past 3 forma for them to be viable for any content in this game.  While I have forma'd one frame and one weapon to 8 forma each, neither one ever needed more than 3.  Heck the AkBolto Prime I didn't have to forma more than once to get all the primed mods on it. 

Currently my Artemis Bow is setting at 1 forma and my Titania has 2 each on Dex Pixia and Diwata.  Both of those frames can handle any content I put them in even above lvl 100+.  Just because you used lots of forma on a weapon to use previously with exalted doesn't mean you have to use the same amount on the exalted itself.  

TL:DR version:  Learn to mod and create your own builds and you won't need to waste so much forma.  That or learn better the mechanics of the game.    

Edit:  If your point really was, "The point was we shouldn't have to "reforma" items already once at full power.", then you should have stuck to that point and not try using the other things as filler.  That point is one that I actually agree with to a certain extent.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

10 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

People ask for content to do but when it comes they whine.

God job people.

Lmao since when is taking progression away = content?

Should you ask me to lend you a car, i'll give you a bobby car and dare you to complain about it.

58 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And you can't seem to make a viable build without wasting lots of forma.  Try to make your own builds for once in your life.  

Lmao. Okay. Try making your own game and playing it for once in your life.

Every build someone makes - original or not - will in some way be (purposely / coincidentally) copied or closely related to someone else's. To think its even possible to have a 100% "original" build on a Warframe after all this time is ridiculous. Rethink your comebacks, please.

I don't copy the builds of others.  I make my own builds that fit my playstyle, frames, and me.  I also completely understand exactly why my builds work and why some of the other builds that are generally copied work too.

Really? Can you also explain why kids love cinnamon toast crunch without using a single word/phrase someone else in the world has ever used before?

Not sure what you're trying to get at here, you want a medal for creating something (that someone else at one point already made before even you and me) original in a video game?

Edit:  If your point really was, "The point was we shouldn't have to "reforma" items already once at full power.", then you should have stuck to that point and not try using the other things as filler.  That point is one that I actually agree with to a certain extent.  

Not sure if you're trolling or seriously just illiterate.

I've never said I "copy" builds off others. Try not to twist the argument around next time and make such hasty generalizations in your favor if people don't cope with your "innovative" playstyle. What you believe to be original and the best may be absolute trash to someone else.

My point still stands as is and what you've said doesn't change the fact that players have spent countless forma turning specific weapons (e.g. exalted blade into stat-sticks), and now have to redo that entire process for the other Exalted weapons, which even level slower because they (seemingly) level like a Warframe does.

Edited by Prime-Ares

2 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

Lmao. Okay. Try making your own game and playing it for once in your life.

Every build someone makes - original or not - will in some way be (purposely / coincidentally) copied or closely related to someone else's. To think its even possible to have a 100% "original" build on a Warframe after all this time is ridiculous. Rethink your comebacks, please.

and yet you still waste forma unnecessarily and then cry about it.  You were the one who started with the insults.  My very first reply to you only had Wah waah waahh in it, but I didn't insult you then.  Needless to say you got butthurt anyway.  

As for the making my own game, been there and done that way back in the early 90's.  Was fun too. 😛 

3 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

Really? Can you also explain why kids love cinnamon toast crunch without using a single word/phrase someone else in the world has ever used before?

It has sugar.  Someone else might have given a much longer answer, but mine is short and very correct.  

5 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

Not sure what you're trying to get at here, you want a medal for being a special snowflake that can create something "original" in a video game?

I don't think I'm special at all.  If I can do everything I said using lower amounts of forma, then you should be able to also.  Why do you need so much more to do the exact same thing that I can do for much less.  This should make you think about it if nothing else.  

8 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

My point still stands as is and what you've said doesn't change the fact that players have spent countless forma turning specific melee weapons into stat-sticks, and now have to redo that entire process for the Exalted weapons, which even level slower because they (seemingly) level like a Warframe does.

Here is just another example of you not knowing what you are talking about.  Everyone else including myself who have forma'd our exalted weapons have noticed that they all rank back up extremely fast.  If you have bothered to even try, you would have noticed this also.  

This is the point I was making.  You told half truths and over exaggerations as if they were the complete truth.  Just as you did in this part I quoted above.  

I never had a problem with your main point.  I even said that in both of my replies of your posts that I quoted.  My problem was with the falsehoods you also presented.  

56 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

and yet you still waste forma unnecessarily and then cry about it.  You were the one who started with the insults.  My very first reply to you only had Wah waah waahh in it, but I didn't insult you then.  Needless to say you got butthurt anyway

Insults? That's a cute way to rationalize the issue, sounds more like you can't take a little criticism for all your forma achievements and that everyone should be able to play by your rules and live up your standards of how to create a build. The most I've come to hitting with an insult is asking if you're illiterate...in which I truly still wonder if you are or just can't read very well. If you want to present your arguments saying everyone else cries and whines about your points though, sure. Takes most credibility away from your statements, but whatever suits you.

59 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It has sugar.  Someone else might have given a much longer answer, but mine is short and very correct.  

...didn't expect such a serious response to an obviously rhetorical question lol. Starting to wonder which of us is truly more arrogant / "butthurt"

I don't think I'm special at all.  If I can do everything I said using lower amounts of forma, then you should be able to also.

Nice fallacy there. Let's examine that claim...

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Learn to mod and create your own builds

This implies I have to create my own builds by my own design. This may or may not require more forma - in which case would not fit your "optimal" standard of "how little" of forma someone needs to achieve their builds' goals. So that invalidates everything else your statements loosely support and they begin to even contradict themselves inwards. Hopefully, even you can see this. If everyone starts creating their own builds using the same forma as you, there's no doubt some builds will be alike - in which case your "originality" statement also won't hold up long-term.

Why do you need so much more to do the exact same thing that I can do for much less

Because like you said...I'm apparently supposed to be original. Forget your own point already?

Here is just another example of you not knowing what you are talking about.  Everyone else including myself who have forma'd our exalted weapons have noticed that they all rank back up extremely fast.  If you have bothered to even try, you would have noticed this also.

Such rash generalizations and petty arrogance again...I'm beginning to see a pattern through all your holes here.

I have tried, it doesn't (seemingly) rank up as quick as it should, despite the fact testing with Ivara's bow, EB, etc. they all feel like they rank up rather slowly to me. This may just be me, but I've also heard others state similar experiences. So perhaps it may be a bug or just mere "coincidence".

I never had a problem with your main point. 

But...

My problem was with the falsehoods you also presented.  

Which tie into my main point...which you can't seem to distinguish...and therefore have a problem with. Lol. You still haven't stated how I've drifted from my main point this whole time , which still holds.

5 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Lmao since when is taking progression away = content?

Should you ask me to lend you a car, i'll give you a bobby car and dare you to complain about it.

Cause giving diversity to the players and freedom of how they'll play their game is taking away progression.

Edited by (PS4)joe03827
/sarcasm

>People ask for exalted weapons being separate from Warframes

>"I don't have forma so I am just going to whine and complain about it in the forums because I don't want to play the game to make progress."

Pretty much all I see here.

7 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

once again.. its the principle of the matter.

a few forma here and there isnt the issue. kinda annoying yes, but even semi-new players like myself know that forma isnt the end of the world.

the point is, the decision making behind this. its worrying. i mean who at DE did NOT realize what a cluster-eff this would be, regarding the forma, the grinding, etc? so therefore, they did this very much on purpose and they were all saying, oh its ok, ppl with over a dozen frames, well they can just cough up the dozens of forma and however many hours upon hours of leveling.....

seriously?

Yes seriously. People have been asking for this for a long time. It was what we wanted. Letting us mod and forma the exalted weapons separately from our primaries/secondaries/melee. That was exactly what we were given. The ability to forma exalted weapons as we see fit, was part of that. Everyone knew that. And everyone knew, that with the ability to forma them, would also come the neccesity to spend forma (duh!). If this surprised you in any way, it was only because you didn't think it through.

6 hours ago, Prime-Ares said:

My point still stands as is and what you've said doesn't change the fact that players have spent countless forma turning specific weapons (e.g. exalted blade into stat-sticks), and now have to redo that entire process for the other Exalted weapons, which even level slower because they (seemingly) level like a Warframe does.

But this was what was asked for by a lot of players. It was what were promised. You were also told about these changes well in advance, so stockpiling forma was not an issue. You had more than enough time getting and building the forma needed to build all your exalted weapons. 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

Yes seriously. People have been asking for this for a long time. It was what we wanted. Letting us mod and forma the exalted weapons separately from our primaries/secondaries/melee. That was exactly what we were given. The ability to forma exalted weapons as we see fit, was part of that. Everyone knew that. And everyone knew, that with the ability to forma them, would also come the neccesity to spend forma (duh!). If this surprised you in any way, it was only because you didn't think it through.

But this was what was asked for by a lot of players. It was what were promised. You were also told about these changes well in advance, so stockpiling forma was not an issue. You had more than enough time getting and building the forma needed to build all your exalted weapons. 

Rune at this point I have come to realize that in regards to these two, the phrase with pigeons and chessboard comes to mind.  

I'm really wondering what mods people are using if they need that many forma, especially for Mesa and Titania that are secondary mod users.

2 Forma on each let me fit in exactly what I needed and that includes 2 primed mods on Mesa. It will probably be the same deal on Ivara because I dont wanna use HC on a bow.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm really wondering what mods people are using if they need that many forma, especially for Mesa and Titania that are secondary mod users.

2 Forma on each let me fit in exactly what I needed and that includes 2 primed mods on Mesa. It will probably be the same deal on Ivara because I dont wanna use HC on a bow.

Exactly. 

Each frame has 10 mod slots with two already with polarities.  That leaves 8 slots to add polarities.  Exalted have 8 slots with 3 polarities leaving 5.  8+5=13.  13 forma to give polarities to every mod slot.  There is no time when forma'ing all the slots is ever truly needed.  There is absolutely no build that needs that much forma.  None.  Much less needing 15+ forma.  The numbers just don't add up for that claim.  

I think this update was for the better. As an Excalibur fanboy it was a pain using the same weapons. Now i can use whatever i want or even not bring one at all! I used to roll with my excalibur using only Ak/Lex Prime and now i can do that without sacrificing my 4th ability and that’s nice.

Edited by Uottaframe

2 hours ago, rune_me said:

I must not keep up-to-date with in-game news very well in that case.

However, I would still like to wonder despite the entire forma issue, why they can't just give Exalted stances the ability to give mod points like normal stances do. Now re-looking at a fair portion of builds; that would be a huge potential improvement for both less forma and higher overall mod capacity to get exalted weapons back to full power even faster.

IMO it makes sense to give Exalteds' the same modding capacity as your WF.

Edited by Prime-Ares