Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Excalibur Prime helmet and skin to Excalibur Umbra appearance selection.

BlindBold

Hello, this is just a minor suggestion that I'm sure would be shot down. After looking at the cosmetic options for Umbra I noticed he could equip the default Excalibur helmet and skin. It would be nice if he could also use the Excal prime helmet and skin on umbra for those of us that have the prime. I know DE said they were done giving founders anything but I don't think it would take too much work to enable this either.
Thoughts?

I don't think it's needed. We can't use the Prime cosmetics on Regular Frames, so I don't see a reason we should be able to use Prime cosmetics on Umbra. (Even if it disappointed me also. But I see the reason. We can't use Umbra cosmetic on Prime either.)

It just doesn't sit very well with me seeing a better version of an already primed frame come out. Umbra's exalted weapon base damage is higher than excal primes by 90 not to mention 4 esentially exclusive primed mods. Are other things going to see Umbra versions? Seems like it undermines the whole idea of primed items.

I completely, and wholeheartedly, disagree with this.  I appreciate you for being a founder, given that console never had the option, but you already have a shiny "exclusive"  warframe that is statistically equal.  Asking for this is essentially asking for more exclusive treatment because you are a founder, and objectively that's not fair.  I commend that you supported the game in its infancy, again consoles never got a chance (I'm obviously salty), but you already have your exclusive prime that no one else can acquire.  Doing so, I.e  giving founders the option to use prime cosmetics on umbra, would open up the floodgates of the Excalibur prime forum wars again.  Please let sleeping dogs lay in peace.  Sorry if I came of as abrasive.

11 minutes ago, BlindBold said:

It's not equal though, radial howl affects targets through walls compared to radial blind needs LoS. and Umbra has an AI while your operator is transferred out of it.

Was Prime's energy pool buffed to 225 on lvl 30?

I said statistically as in armor, energy, health.  Also from what I remember many founders wanted a his abilities to be different, so a slight tweak seems like a fair middle ground.  Either way all your request boils down to is I want more exclusive special treatment for a select few instead of the community as a whole.  So like I said before I wholeheartedly, and completely, disagree with your request.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Sesom089 said:

I said statistically as in armor, energy, health.  Also from what I remember many founders wanted a his abilities to be different, so a slight tweak seems like a fair middle ground.  Either way all your request boils down to is I want more exclusive special treatment for a select few instead of the community as a whole.  So like I said before I wholeheartedly, and completely, disagree with your request.

These are questions that would be asked even if it wasn't excalibur. this is our first umbra and it's weird and unknown. say if frost umbra comes out would it be okay to let it use the frost prime helmet and skin if you owned frost prime? I think it should be allowed, it offers more cosmetic choices. Prime frames can use the regular skin and helmet. why can't umbras use the prime skin and helmet? I'd want the additional options.

It would be nice to able to enjoy the cosmetics of both frames. For fellow founders who don't like the idea, just don't use it -- there's your solution. There's no need to ruin it for everyone else.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Prototype Genji said:

Maybe because they're two "different" frames? Sorry if I sound rude but it seems like you just want more special treatment, honestly a buff to Excalibur Prime would be nice since he's one of the oldest frames. Not to mention it would relieve some founder's problems with Umbra currently being better than Prime.

x prime frame and x regular frame are two "different" frames. why can I use the regular skin on the prime frame?

A buff to Excal prime would be way to much to ask for and DE would never do that nor would I want that. All I want is for Excal umbra to have All excal cosmetic options available for him. It's really a small thing.

15 minutes ago, BlindBold said:

x prime frame and x regular frame are two "different" frames. why can I use the regular skin on the prime frame?

A buff to Excal prime would be way to much to ask for and DE would never do that nor would I want that. All I want is for Excal umbra to have All excal cosmetic options available for him. It's really a small thing.

I guess because Umbra is an upgrade, that or DE is probably working on it. And would a buff to put him on Umbra's level really hurt?

Alternatively, an auxillary slot added to excal the same way that Valkyr&Nekros&Chroma(w/deluxe skin owned) have.  Maybe not for standard excal, but allow Prime and Umbra to equip the bits of armor and scarf like prime details?

I don't see why not.  It makes sense that you can't use prime helmets&skins on normal frames, but Umbra is supposed to be like a sidegrade, no?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Prototype Genji said:

I guess because Umbra is an upgrade, that or DE is probably working on it. And would a buff to put him on Umbra's level really hurt?

DE has said before they wouldn't do anymore work to excal prime like updating his look or making his prime parts toggle on different skins. Interestingly Prime's exalted blade has better damage than base excal but still less than that of umbra.

5 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Alternatively, an auxillary slot added to excal the same way that Valkyr&Nekros&Chroma(w/deluxe skin owned) have.  Maybe not for standard excal, but allow Prime and Umbra to equip the bits of armor and scarf like prime details?

I don't see why not.  It makes sense that you can't use prime helmets&skins on normal frames, but Umbra is supposed to be like a sidegrade, no?

I think that would be a lot more effort than just allowing the skins on the umbra. It's so old the prime "parts" dont even have a toggle when used on different skins. based on stats for exalted blade, umbra's radial howl ignoring LoS, additional ai while in operator mode, and gimmicks with sentinels,  I'd say strict upgrade.

Edited by BlindBold