Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Excalibur Prime helmet and skin to Excalibur Umbra appearance selection.

BlindBold

8 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

i very much support the founders getting this
they deserve it, they helped this game happen
anyone who doesnt think this should be a thing is probably just salty
theres no good reason not to allow it other than being bitter

Because it would just start another Founder debate. Let it die. 

14 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

i very much support the founders getting this
they deserve it, they helped this game happen
anyone who doesnt think this should be a thing is probably just salty
theres no good reason not to allow it other than being bitter

We arent salty. We are just sick of Founders *@##$ing about how special they are. We get it. You helped the game and we respect that. But its been 4 years now. Its time to give it a rest. You got the special glyph, title, excalibur exclusive prime and lato and skana prime. Let it be respected but thats it. Enough special treatment for Founders

1 minute ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

We arent salty.

You got the special glyph, title, excalibur exclusive prime and lato and skana prime. Let it be respected but thats it. Enough special treatment for Founders

If this isn't salt then i don't know what is...

No matter what you say or anyone else that thinks about this, founders are FOUNDERs, those are the guys taht were playing this game when it was buggy as F*** and still ppl paid a lot of money about it. WE all know where this thread is going... just don't come over here and explode into millions of salt behavior

You should understand that ppl maybe paid so they can LOOK cool even if they didn't want to make the game as it is atm.Hell you even pay now in the store to get something to look better and cooler.I kind of agree cause he still want to use something that just got overshadowed like hell and apart from the profile icona nd the name in the relays founders will be buried  😛

And if you are not salty about founders....then you DONT want this to happen? It Shouldn't bother you.....Am i wrong on this at least?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

We arent salty. We are just sick of Founders *@##$ing about how special they are. We get it. You helped the game and we respect that. But its been 4 years now. Its time to give it a rest. You got the special glyph, title, excalibur exclusive prime and lato and skana prime. Let it be respected but thats it. Enough special treatment for Founders

6 hours ago, BlindBold said:

If this was any other frame I'd still be asking about the cosmetic options of using their primed skins and helmets. Granted any other frame would be a bit more complicated as they have a toggle for their prime cosmetics where Excal prime does not.

Prime frames can use cosmetics from the non prime variants Does you disagree with that as much as you do with this? how about the ability to toggle off the prime parts on tennogen skins?. It just strikes me as a benefit people should get for having all versions of a particular frame, excal or whatever future umbra.  

Just now, Darkstalix said:

If this isn't salt then i don't know what is...

No matter what you say or anyone else that thinks about this, founders are FOUNDERs, those are the guys taht were playing this game when it was buggy as F*** and still ppl paid a lot of money about it. WE all know where this thread is going... just don't come over here and explode into millions of salt behavior

You should understand that ppl maybe paid so they can LOOK cool even if they didn't want to make the game as it is atm.Hell you even pay now in the store to get something to look better and cooler.I kind of agree cause he still want to use something that just got overshadowed like hell and apart from the profile icona nd the name in the relays founders will be buried  😛

And if you are not salty about founders....then you DONT want this to happen? It Shouldn't bother you.....Am i wrong on this at least?

You are wrong on this. DE already said they were done doing things for founders. Umbra is a seperate Warframe altogether. Its not a prime varient. Therefore, you should not be allowed to switch out his scarf to other warframes or switch the helmets for excalibur prime. Umbra is unique in that he is a frame all of his own. Same thing with Excal Prime. Let it rest and stay that way. You got excal prime buffed with stats same as umbra. I play console so its not like i care but it would just open up the whole "Founders" argument again. DE even stated that if they had known how the game would go, they never would have offered the deal in the first place

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

You are wrong on this. DE already said they were done doing things for founders. Umbra is a seperate Warframe altogether. Its not a prime varient. Therefore, you should not be allowed to switch out his scarf to other warframes or switch the helmets for excalibur prime. Umbra is unique in that he is a frame all of his own. Same thing with Excal Prime. Let it rest and stay that way. You got excal prime buffed with stats same as umbra. I play console so its not like i care but it would just open up the whole "Founders" argument again. DE even stated that if they had known how the game would go, they never would have offered the deal in the first place

Take excalibur umbra and stand next to a deathorb in the void. Also umbra's radial howl ignores LoS where radial Blind does not. I'm also just going to assume other frames will eventually be able to obtain the new mod polarities so lets say those aren't umbra exclusive at the moment. I will agree that his scarf should be kept just to umbra but I would like the ability to toggle it on and off with different skins.

Edited by BlindBold

the thinking behind why people oppose anything the founders specifically ask for pertaining to their exclusive gear, is that those particular founders are never satisfied, they are always asking for more, people are tired of hearing about

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

About that....they almost said the same thing for the chinese umbra back then> cant wait to see the reactions on the next umbras

1 minute ago, Apoc001 said:

the thinking behind why people oppose anything the founders specifically ask for pertaining to their exclusive gear, is that those particular founders are never satisfied, they are always asking for more, people are tired of hearing about

This right here is what im getting at. Its never enough for you guys. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

Blanket statements don't really work. I can't talk for other founders but seeing as this is the only thread I've ever interacted in, I haven't asked for anything in the past. Maybe the console founders are different?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Guy4God said:

You want to deny founders the right to use their exclusive skin on a frame that EVERYBODY has access to and is directly related to their exclusive skin because.... according to you, an alleged authority on the psychology of founders, founders are self conceited? And this fashion frame request somehow counts as extra content?

That's not cool dude

Making Umbras able to equip Prime skins would mean it would have to not be able to use the prime details, otherwise you would limit how the frame can be designed. Excalibur and several earlier ones don't really show this, but if DE were to make a newer prime have an Umbra this would be very much apparent. Take Trinity or Saryn for example, their base prime details make them have a lot of extra bits on the frame. If that were to go with the skin, then you would clip anything on the Umbra in those same areas or have to model the Umbra to not have anything in those areas, limiting your options a bit. As for the skin itself without the prime details, they aren't that distinctly good over all. Helmets I can understand though and frankly I have zero problem with.

I don't give a #*!% about the helmet but calling umbra an upgrade is dumb. Yes howl ignores LoS but takes longer to cast (you already have less mod slots to work with, do you really want to lose another for Natural Talent?). Yes you have umbra mods but they require a #*!%TON of credits and endo to max (and additional forma applied to the non umbra-polarity slots), and require all of them to be equipped in order to not be generally downgrades to their non umbra versions (and the damage bonus apples to less than 1% of the enemies in the game currently so it's super specialized). Yes there's polarities for those mods but they're fixed and if you forma them away you can't get them back. Yes the frame fights when you're in potato mode but you lose out on having an invincible frame while in potato mode. Umbra is a sidegrade, if anything.

Founders aren't asking for new rewards, just consistency. Umbra can use literally every single other Excalibur cosmetic including the base helmet and skin, and only the Excal Prime cosmetics are locked out, so it's certainly not a totally different frame. If Umbra were functionally identical to Excal Prime it wouldn't matter, but as Umbra is currently the superior Excal (howl is a sidegrade but the polarities are not) it would be nice if founders could continue to use the prime cosmetics on the new and better Excalibur. And since the support for older Excal skins is already there and Excal Prime doesn't have any addon body geometry to deal with, this seems like a reasonably simple thing to ask for. It would make no difference to gameplay, newer players have their Excal Umbra (prime) and founders get to continue using original Excal Prime, now in skin form.

To the folks getting inexplicably salty about founders, FYI as a founder and long time supporter of the game I've actually never asked for or complained about anything before. You can see this is my first forum post.

I'm not a founder. Day 1 console. I'd love to have a shiny Excalibur prime. But that's another rant. Giving the founders this ability isn't special treatment. It's giving them what they paid for imo with the consistency that DE has set in game. Saying founders dont deserve it and is special treatment is like saying when I bought the Summus prime accessories I don't deserve to have the PBR treatment; took forever but we finally got it. It's not special treatment, it's fair. Sucks some of us missed out on it but those items you get no one else has just makes it that much more special. Like a primed chamber or a zenistar. Let them walk the runway as they see fit #fashionframe

Back on track so this doesn't get shut down. Yes I like this idea and it provides many more fashion opportunities, I want to see what double scarves look good on umbra when he has a void key smooshed into his face.

Edited by JumpinGopher
Format

7 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Making Umbras able to equip Prime skins would mean it would have to not be able to use the prime details, otherwise you would limit how the frame can be designed. Excalibur and several earlier ones don't really show this, but if DE were to make a newer prime have an Umbra this would be very much apparent. Take Trinity or Saryn for example, their base prime details make them have a lot of extra bits on the frame. If that were to go with the skin, then you would clip anything on the Umbra in those same areas or have to model the Umbra to not have anything in those areas, limiting your options a bit. As for the skin itself without the prime details, they aren't that distinctly good over all. Helmets I can understand though and frankly I have zero problem with. 

They could hard code it like a Deluxe skin though, and viceversa on Primes. Although right now it seems to unwrap textures only on the mesh for Umbra.

Edited by NightmareT12

If umbra was a side-grade from prime, I wouldn't really care, but atm umbra is a plain upgrade (same stats, better passive, more versatile 2 - with ability to use the old one with EB).
Ideally it would be nice to use the passive (and scarf) on the prime, so that they would be in line, but using prime cosmetics on the umbra would be a good step in the right direction.