The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarities on Exalted Weapons

Kurambik

This is an unconscionably bad update.

I took one look at Mesa's atrocious Regulator polarities, clicked over to the secondary I spent four forma on, clicked back over and logged out. They have finally broken my ability to farm in this game. I'm so fed up I'm not even bothering with the new quest.

I may be being histrionic here, but I am done with Warframe until they fix this travesty. At the VERY LEAST these weapons should have selectable polarities equal to the number of forma we have on the frame. To be really happy I should be able to match the polarities to the polarities on a weapon I have in the same weapon class, i.e. the weapon I already had set up for that frame.

Valkyr needed two forma before I was happy with her this morning (thank goodness for Sanctuary Onslaught). But that's still two forma I had to get that I wasn't planning on using, and I couldn't use her last night for the quest because I couldn't fit on the mods I wanted. And now I need to do the same to Mesa, Titania's Diwata, and probably one for Excalumbra. It's an expensive update.

hace 2 horas, Hardwood dijo:

I took one look at Mesa's atrocious Regulator polarities, clicked over to the secondary I spent four forma on, clicked back over and logged out. They have finally broken my ability to farm in this game. I'm so fed up I'm not even bothering with the new quest.

I may be being histrionic here, but I am done with Warframe until they fix this travesty. At the VERY LEAST these weapons should have selectable polarities equal to the number of forma we have on the frame. To be really happy I should be able to match the polarities to the polarities on a weapon I have in the same weapon class, i.e. the weapon I already had set up for that frame.

I almost cried when i saw i needed 4 forma again for my mesa, then i looked  ivara, valkyr and excal. They dont give Mastery Exp, im ok with that, but they need another forma dump. Why they did this, maybe we will never know.

Edited by Praesagium

Hehe, worse part is... Quite a few of the frames with exalted weapons have not yet recieved prime versions... Meaning you'll have to forma them twice in the long run if you decide to go overboard and level them up now.

Ivara, Titania, Mesa, Wukong. That makes pretty much only Umbra and Valkyr Prime as sensible forma investments... The rest will have to make do with less optimal builds until they get their primed variants, at least in my case.

Il y a 3 heures, Hardwood a dit :

How the hell i put 3 formas on my regulators and they are as strong as they were .. litterally destroying everything .. 

On 2018-06-15 at 11:00 AM, kylooooren said:

You only need 1 or 3 forma on them, it's not that bad.

The fact that you need any forma at all is bad. If you consider weapons like the Nami Skyla Prime, I have way more than enough good polarities to fit in a very good build and use a stance with a polarity that doesn't match the stance slot... And that's just some random prime melee. Why should an Exalted Weapon (which is generally thought of as some "ultra-legendary" weapon) fall any shorter than some prime especially if the warframe itself is primed?

49 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

The fact that you need any forma at all is bad. If you consider weapons like the Nami Skyla Prime, I have way more than enough good polarities to fit in a very good build and use a stance with a polarity that doesn't match the stance slot... And that's just some random prime melee. Why should an Exalted Weapon (which is generally thought of as some "ultra-legendary" weapon) fall any shorter than some prime especially if the warframe itself is primed?

What you are implying is, if DE releases a new weapon that has 0 polarities it's worse than a weapon with 8 good polarities?

1 hour ago, kylooooren said:

What you are implying is, if DE releases a new weapon that has 0 polarities it's worse than a weapon with 8 good polarities?

A weapon with 8 polarities is just as bad as 0 because it would still require potentially a lot forma since it does not allow for build diversity.

If you are referring about the same weapon in two scenarios of 0 and 3 good polarities then yes the weapon with 3 good polarities would be objectively better.

If they are not weapons of the same strength then it wouldn't really make sense to compare them, however for most people who play casually (which should be DE's target audience) they will never know how the weapon with no polarities really compares to the other one because they most likely won't even bother with the grind when they are most likely to still use something else.

So strictly speaking no, that's not what I was implying. However what I am implying is that the base polarities should at least cover the fundamental mods and not lock them behind another grind wall.
Frames were given reworks to improve their "fun"-factor, I fail to see the fun with having Excalibur wave around what is effectively a bendy-straw or Mesa with a pea-shooter for 4 more Hydron runs (without booster because most squads leave at wave 10) per polarity, while wasting the item that I farmed 6+ relics just to get one of, only to completely do it all over again when a prime/variant of said frame is released.

Edited by Kurambik