Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral mods discussion

--Chubbs--

11 minutes ago, TectonicKnight said:

I'd like to say I'm completely surprised by your preference for braindead frames but it'd be a lie.

You dont know me. So why so toxic? Wukong isnt a braindead frame... Prefer his ult to excals. I barely use nidus... I just dont see a possibility of an infested prime... So see this as a way for nidus mains to get something similar.

My most used frames consist of

Atlas...

Wukong..

Limbo..

Rhino...

Khora...

Ivara...

Nidus is probably at the bottom of that list with mirage and mesa, so how bout u keep ur toxicity to urself.

I do believe that those of you talking complaining about not being able to use umbra mods effectively on other frames are going to be dissapointed either way.  My current thoughts on them is that being able to equip them on other warframes is a bug.  I was not even able to see them in the list of equipable mods on anything other than umbra for a while there.  It was only recently that I started seeing them able to be equiped on other frames.  They are called "Umbral" mods, so it makes sense.

As for the argument that you need to either max the Umbral mods or forma the Umbra polarities out to make use of Umbra excal, you are sorely mistaken.  You sound like you havn't even tried it at all.  Even at their starting rank 5, they are fine.  Something doesn't have to be min-maxed to be viable.

Yes, Umbra is pretty damn good, and he is quite a kick in the nuts to founders, but besides founders, nobody has any reason to be upset about anything.  They could've just made Umbra a skin for the global build. They could've just decided to not give us Umbra at all.  This is more than we could've asked for, but, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this reaction.  This is the community's reaction to everything.  Whine about not having something released, and then when it is released, they still whine.

20 minutes ago, BloodfireSouls said:

I do believe that those of you talking complaining about not being able to use umbra mods effectively on other frames are going to be dissapointed either way.  My current thoughts on them is that being able to equip them on other warframes is a bug.  I was not even able to see them in the list of equipable mods on anything other than umbra for a while there.  It was only recently that I started seeing them able to be equiped on other frames.  They are called "Umbral" mods, so it makes sense.

As for the argument that you need to either max the Umbral mods or forma the Umbra polarities out to make use of Umbra excal, you are sorely mistaken.  You sound like you havn't even tried it at all.  Even at their starting rank 5, they are fine.  Something doesn't have to be min-maxed to be viable.

Yes, Umbra is pretty damn good, and he is quite a kick in the nuts to founders, but besides founders, nobody has any reason to be upset about anything.  They could've just made Umbra a skin for the global build. They could've just decided to not give us Umbra at all.  This is more than we could've asked for, but, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this reaction.  This is the community's reaction to everything.  Whine about not having something released, and then when it is released, they still whine.

You sir, are 110% correct about everything down to the Nit Grit on this.  

There's also the fact that, amidst the griping about power creep and builds becoming sub-optimal, folks seem to be forgetting the fact that they have about 50 other warframes to use, give or take a few, and a veritable ocean of other mods or weapons. Now, granted, about half of said mods or weapons, at the very least, are utter garbage, but that still leaves the other half to toy around with. We've managed to get by fairly well without any umbra frames/weapons/mods. If you don't like em, just grab a different load-out, you'll still be able to wipe the floor with anything the star chart, the plains, sorties, or Sanctuary Onslaught can throw at you.

Edited by Azmodae

In a cake-easy game like Warframe, always funny to see people going on about "sub optimal" this or that as if it is a raid treadmill MMO. Other than a very tiny % of missions that were already easily handled with operator powers, these mods do nothing other than eat endo for a -marginal- boost to overall frame survivability and not even sure the melee mods offer any net benefit at all. Maybe there's someone out there somewhere who specializes in farming sentients who has reason to be stoked now, as for the rest, these are just interesting teaser content of things to come for now... unless their benefits apply to Eidolons somehow... but weren't those -already- on farm mode?

Don't get me wrong, I think they are very interesting and cool additions to the game as precursors, and this update was a very good one generally, but if you are rushing to max these things or forma other frames to cram some of them on preexisting builds (let alone complain about the new polarity type not being available now), you need your head examined.

Edited by Buttaface

Honestly, I dont understand why you guys are so upset over this. How does the existence of these mods... Umbral mods actually, invalidate the rest of your builds and make them "sub optimal"? You complain that they are power creep but they gimp the rest of your build? Doesn't sound like power creep to me if you have to give up something rather significant to use them. Ever stop to think that DE wants it that way? You want DE to roll over and change the mods so you can easily fit them into your other warframe builds for what? So we can overkill everything on the starchart to sanctuary onslaught by 300% instead of 250%?...big whoop. Funny thing is, that's when it would actually be power creep and you would STILL complain. Get over it. Your other builds didnt get nerfed, they didnt get removed, there is nothing stopping you from using them. They are just as effective as before. You have nothing to complain about.
Also i get that umbra excal + umbral mods is a straight upgrade over excal prime, but its not like you guys didnt get umbra too. Its freely accessible to all of us so just be happy we got something tangible with signs of more content to come in the future and not just an over hyped skin after all this time.

Edited by Reihjin

On 2018-06-16 at 5:46 AM, BloodfireSouls said:

They are called "Umbral" mods, so it makes sense.

Ok according to your logic primes mods should only be equipable only on prime warframes?
That is why they are called prime 😄
This is not a bug, probably DE did not thought everything through. Or made it that way and await community reaction.

26 minutes ago, Agatorion said:

Ok according to your logic primes mods should only be equipable only on prime warframes?
That is why they are called prime 😄
This is not a bug, probably DE did not thought everything through. Or made it that way and await community reaction.

Source warframe wiki

Umbra Mods are special Mods released with Update 23.0 that can only be acquired through The Sacrifice Quest, which are enhanced versions of existing mods. They feature the properties of both Primed mods and Set Mods, offering significantly improved stats over their base counterpart, and increasing their overall stats upon equipping the required number of mods. They also possess a second stat that grants enhanced effectiveness when fighting Sentient enemies, either in the form of increased damage against them, or increased defense.

While Umbra mods can be used on any Warframe and weapon, Umbra mods have a unique Umbra polarity, whose matching polarity can currently only be found on Excalibur Umbra, the Exalted Umbra Blade, and the Skiajati. When acquired through The Sacrifice Quest, they are fused to rank 5.

well atleast i have now my answer :angel:

5 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Source warframe wiki

Umbra Mods are special Mods released with Update 23.0 that can only be acquired through The Sacrifice Quest, which are enhanced versions of existing mods. They feature the properties of both Primed mods and Set Mods, offering significantly improved stats over their base counterpart, and increasing their overall stats upon equipping the required number of mods. They also possess a second stat that grants enhanced effectiveness when fighting Sentient enemies, either in the form of increased damage against them, or increased defense.

While Umbra mods can be used on any Warframe and weapon, Umbra mods have a unique Umbra polarity, whose matching polarity can currently only be found on Excalibur Umbra, the Exalted Umbra Blade, and the Skiajati. When acquired through The Sacrifice Quest, they are fused to rank 5.

well atleast i have now my answer :angel:

Where did WF wiki found it from?
Anyway, do you have any info from DE themself?
I am really eager to know what will they do with those polarities/mods.

50 minutes ago, Agatorion said:

Where did WF wiki found it from?
Anyway, do you have any info from DE themself?
I am really eager to know what will they do with those polarities/mods.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Umbra_Mod

I belive that Devs add this to the wiki but iam not sure tho

and yes iam currious to about the polarities

maby we will get answer during prime time or dev stream that will come

1 thing  is sure its confussing how this mods work on non-umbra warframes

while the mods are designed for Umbra only :thinking:

On 2018-06-16 at 12:56 AM, Misgenesis said:

So would you rather they didnt release Umbra mods?

Oh i want them to release more umbra mods just not garbage lengendary status, pfff sacrificial steel a legendary mod? no frecking way will i replace my primed pressure point with it. they need to chance the status of the umbra mods to blue mod requirements. And they really need to give umbra polarity to forma's now if they decide for us to go into the tau system to fight the sentients. Do you think only umbra should be able to damage the sentients in that new system? nah, the regular variants and primes would lose out to the umbra meta then due to these so called exclusive umbra and sacrificial mods and if primes are useless then prime access will stop, meaning death of DE's warframe. Lastly you might be okay with using only one build for your excal umbra and saryn but many, no majority are not happy with their builds getting gimped and forced in one direction. We want variety in our builds which a forced umbra polarity hampers and we can never get back those polarities if forma'd away now. Imagine the focus school we got in 2nd dream being only restricted to one school, most people will hate on the quest then, so why should umbra mods be restricted to only umbras when we would need the tau damage buff and resistance in future tau system content or are you suggesting we use gimped min maxxed builds and umbras from then on? Hell you can't even swap the umbra polarities on the frecking umbra frame which is beyond stupid. 

The longer we have these mods the more i hate them. (Please guys let for one second Excal p out)

I would love to use them on Frost,Trinity(on her the most),Mag and so much more frames without messing up my build ,

Problem is i cant and i heavily invested on them by leveling them up.

Now people will say there will be more Umbras in the future.Ok but how long do we have to wait till for example Trinity Umbra comes out ? 3 years?4 years? 5 years? or maybe never?

You know the speed in which DE releases warframes.Worrying.

This whole concept is flawed and is just annoying.When there is no special forma in the works this whole Umbral polarity + mods system will be a huge failure.

Edited by K0bra

• 2 weeks later...