Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.1

[DE]Megan

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.1

Fixes:

• Fixed a progression stopper in The War Within quest where an elevator was inaccessible yet crucial to proceed. 
  • Fixed loss of functionality if you attempted to customize Gear items or Emotes by pressing Enter or A on controller after hovering over it in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed not being able to close the Decoration Placement Key Bindings screen.

The Sacrifice Quest Fixes:

Spoiler
  • Fixed a progression stopper where the end quest cutscene would not trigger.
  • Fixed a progression stopper in the Arsenal when swapping around Umbra.
  • Fixed edge case progression stopper where Sentient Mimics could hold open a locking door for a player, letting them get locked on the wrong side.
  • Fixed missing jump action for Umbra to get down from ledges.

Umbra's abilities are disappointing. Explanation in spoilers.

Umbra's 1, 3, and 4 are functionally identical to Excalibur's. And that's fine.
Umbra's 2 ("Radial Howl") is also like Excalibur's... except it takes twice as long to cast. The only upside is that it wipes Sentient resistances.

Radial Howl's casting animation literally lasts 1.8 seconds from start to finish. For comparison, Rhino Stomp takes 1.5 seconds and Radial Blind takes 0.9 seconds.
It feels sluggish and horrible to use, especially if you're an Excalibur player who expects his 2 to be quick and responsive.

Even Howl's upside has no effect in 99.9% of WF's content. And even for the other 0.1%, literally every Operator attack (including a quick tickle from the Mote amp) does the same job just as fast. In terms of abilities alone, Umbra's moveset is a straight downgrade to Excalibur's.

Could Radial Howl's casting speed be doubled? Not to make it "overpowered", but to give it the same speed and reliability that Radial Blind already provides.

After years of waiting, Umbra is finally out. But... I think I'm going to go back to my regular Excal.
I was expecting an upgrade to my favourite frame, but at the moment, Umbra isn't that.

Archived