Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.1

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, Themisomega said:

Amazing work, really loving this new update. ESPECIALLY THE wink wink nudge nudge scene where you get together with Lotus again, and you continue your work as the mother and starchild.

Doesn't this constitute as a spoiler?

13 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Umbra's abilities are disappointing. Explanation in spoilers.

Hide contents

Umbra's 1, 3, and 4 are functionally identical to Excalibur's. And that's fine.
Umbra's 2 ("Radial Howl") is also like Excalibur's... except it takes twice as long to cast. The only upside is that it wipes Sentient resistances.

Radial Howl's casting animation literally lasts 1.8 seconds from start to finish. For comparison, Rhino Stomp takes 1.5 seconds and Radial Blind takes 0.9 seconds.
It feels sluggish and horrible to use, especially if you're an Excalibur player who expects his 2 to be quick and responsive.

Even Howl's upside has no effect in 99.9% of WF's content. And even for the other 0.1%, literally every Operator attack (including a quick tickle from the Mote amp) does the same job just as fast. In terms of abilities alone, Umbra's moveset is a straight downgrade to Excalibur's.

Could Radial Howl's casting speed be doubled? Not to make it "overpowered", but to give it the same speed and reliability that Radial Blind already provides.

After years of waiting, Umbra is finally out. But... I think I'm going to go back to my regular Excal.
I was expecting an upgrade to my favourite frame, but at the moment, Umbra isn't that.

Stealth activation after a Howl finisher.  Just saying, that can save you from the bad.

8 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Umbra ... becomes invisible when executing finishers😛

5 hours ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

What about invisibility after a finisher? Isn't it worth it?

1 minute ago, Nereidalbel said:

Stealth activation after a Howl finisher.  Just saying, that can save you from the bad.

The invisibility is a passive of the Skiajati, not part of Umbra's moveset.

11 hours ago, Xenophil said:

Why don't you make a screenshot first, then post? First page attention spore much?

I took the screenshot first, as I always do. I had expected to be on the third page at best to be honest. If you look back through (select) past patch notes threads where I've posted Redtext, you'll see I always post first and edit the screenshot in later.

I only post them up because I have an interest in seeing them myself and I absolutely hate crawling through 5+ pages looking for that one person who posted it, so I try to make sure it's early in the thread.

I was also quite miffed that the forum went down for a bit when I went to edit the picture in afterwards... ended up coming back after playing through the new quest.

I do agree with you though, the rush for the first page by some people is ridiculous.

Thanks for the quick fixes. However, twtich drops seem to be broken. At least for me. I recieved the Teshin statue, but no operator cosmetic. Havent recieved the tree sigil either, despite watching partnered streamers. Kinda disappointed, as I wanted that operator diadem.

After spending a whole 3 forma on Titania + Mesa, which both are now arguably better for this along with Umbra, there is a lot of whining going on about the exalted weapons without trying to remod and reforma.

DE - thanks, I was a doubter before in this thread, and now I can appreciate the change.

so I don't know if I'm the only one with this fun issue, but when I hit Y to change party based stuff, I get up there and if I use the Dpad or the stick, A does nothing to any the options up there. Also when you use the hotkey to customize mods the menu shift makes you customize the mods of the gear above the one you picked. I played the new mission, no spoilers here, loved it all gg. 

Also I don't know if this is meant to be a feature, but if you use the Dpad to move about in a menu that scrolls the scroll isn't automatic like it should be.

I really want the actual dpad support back, moving a cursor with the dpad doesn't solve the issues I have wit the cursor. It may even be slower than just using the stick.

14 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Umbra's abilities are disappointing. Explanation in spoilers.

Hide contents

Umbra's 1, 3, and 4 are functionally identical to Excalibur's. And that's fine.
Umbra's 2 ("Radial Howl") is also like Excalibur's... except it takes twice as long to cast. The only upside is that it wipes Sentient resistances.

Radial Howl's casting animation literally lasts 1.8 seconds from start to finish. For comparison, Rhino Stomp takes 1.5 seconds and Radial Blind takes 0.9 seconds.
It feels sluggish and horrible to use, especially if you're an Excalibur player who expects his 2 to be quick and responsive.

Even Howl's upside has no effect in 99.9% of WF's content. And even for the other 0.1%, literally every Operator attack (including a quick tickle from the Mote amp) does the same job just as fast. In terms of abilities alone, Umbra's moveset is a straight downgrade to Excalibur's.

Could Radial Howl's casting speed be doubled? Not to make it "overpowered", but to give it the same speed and reliability that Radial Blind already provides.

After years of waiting, Umbra is finally out. But... I think I'm going to go back to my regular Excal.
I was expecting an upgrade to my favourite frame, but at the moment, Umbra isn't that.

The umbra mods are one hell of an upgrade compared to regular excal. wtf are you talking about

A part of the quest seems a tad bugged:

Spoiler

The moral choices seem reversed in The Sacrifice. At the end, I don't think a morally good character would say "squirm like the maggot you are," as opposed to "the cycle is broken." Will we be able to replay the quest and revise our choices a single time if they get fixed? My completely good character got ruined because I got confused by the choices not lining up with their color.

Well, well.

I finally got the installation to finish, though I had to use VPN, which I didn't want to do. That was kind of sad.

Right off the bat I will say this - I like the new menu system but there are some hiccups with certain functionalities here and there - resources, ducats, equipment of allies etc. that should be addressed. Still, overall the whole thing is very, very pretty.

Now onto the main meal - this quest was AWESOME and worth the wait. I won't delve into spoilers, but... wow. The amount of solid lore we got is amazing, and the stuff we will try to decipher further is even better. That is some amazing stuff.

Umbra Excal is awesome as well and I wonder if we will see more Umbra Frames - and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'd love to see Saryn in that style... Honest! 

Spoiler

I found the final battle to be a little anticlimactic. I know Ballas isn't a warrior, but neither was Alad V and he had only one robot to boot. I kind of expected an epic fight with an actual Orokin for once, but instead it was just a bunch of sentients.

While it's true we could say that Ballas probably has been stuck in that same body for years without doing Continuity to something newer, but even the Elder Queen near the end of her life required special measures to defeat. You'd think that a crafty and intelligent guy like Ballas had a lot of tricks up his sleeve, but instead he dies from a single poke.While he probably might come back later, I have to say it felt like it would have been a good chance for a great boss battle.

Some might say, "but don't Sentients trump Orokin? So he shouldn't be that hard" yeah...except the Tenno and their Warframes don't exactly adapt to damage like the Sentients do.

I feel that with everything we've seen in that Quest, I believe the Operator should have seen him as more than a villain.

He practically just said it "I'm going to destroy the Orokin as revenge for killing Margulis"  ...so why are the Operators talking like he's some villain? He practically did what they wanted. If anything Umbra, was more of a bad guy because he wanted to preserve the very empire that had Margulis killed. That was the real sacrifice there; to the take the innocent and turn them into the Tenno's conduits for revenge. There's an irony to it too. That in order for the unjustly demonized Tenno to take their revenge on the Orokin, they have to wear the bodies of the unwilling and the innocent.

There's a delicious touch of hypocrisy when the Operator sits in front of a grieving Umbra when it was they who killed the Orokin later on. I like this part. Not to mention it was the they who murdered their own Void-crazed parents.

Considering how Ballas has narrated all of the warframes and implied he had a hand in their design, it seems to me that he engineered them to take out the Orokin. He frequently makes mention that they are uncontrollable, and will be the death of them one day.

In other words, he doesn't seem like the bad guy we're told he is to be. And with everything that the Tenno knows and has seen, should have realized it as well.

I don't know why, but it seems that the Operator is acting really short sighted on this. Is this intentional? I hope so, because there are bigger fish to fry.

However I will say, it was really considerate for Umbra to come without the usual three day crafting time. It seems to be that it's DE's way of apologizing for the delays and stuff they need to do in order to finally get him out on the global build. I'm not too concerned with him having only a few changes from Excalibur, that's because it's subject to change.  Remember Super Jump? So I'm not worried about it, it can be changed.

While some might complain about the quest "denigrating" to searching and scanning for stuff and playing board games, haven't we had enough quests where we just do the same Star Chart mission except with talking heads blocking our view every two minutes?

I like how we're given other things to do while the story unfolds, I was sort of expecting later sessions of Komi to become more difficult as Ballas goes into Impossible AI mode, just to rub it in Umbra's face that he was only playing around the whole time.

TLDR, I love The Sacrifice. But I want more of it fleshed out. We need that epic Orokin boss battle, and we need to get the the real bad guys. If they are still around.

9 hours ago, tischkanteVS said:

Elite Onslaught Host Migration does not migrate, seems stuck in Loading Screen forever.

normal onslaught is the same, and getting this issue reported by lots of clan members.   this is super anoying because the only way to get out of the "migration" screen is by (alt+F4).

Naramon is now also broken, none of the nodes seem to work for me and some of my clan members.

Why is it that Khora's Venari still is able to EQUIP the exact same mod as your other PET?!? WHY IS THIS STILL A THING!? KHORA'S BEEN OUT FOR SO LONG AND THIS ISN'T FIXED YET!?!?!?!?!?

WHY is it still a thing that Venari isn't buffed by the hunter set mod bonus!??!?!?!?!?!?! I'm so tired of asking s o much and nev er getting an answer - I just guess you might now - but for whatever reason this still isn't fixed - I've spent more than 200k endo to have a copy of every single mod I needed to also equip on Venari but that is just #*!%ing useless now. 

I've tried talking with respect back on the days Khora was released, because even back then this was an issue - you don't seem to care that it is an issue though. But now I'm getting really tired that this is something that hasn't been fixed yet! Khora has been out for quite a while now and still there are these minor irritating bugs with her that you don't seem to care about fixing.. why is it that this still has to be an issue?

Archived