Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on support

Mayahai

Most game companies I have corresponded with allow you to rate the support you received. I would like to see something similar on Warframe so I can leave some constructive feedback if I feel it wasn't handled quite as well. Alternatively, I have had quite a few occasions where I was exceptionally satisfied with support and I wanted to show my appreciation with a little ''thank you'' but you can't without reopening the ticket, which is quite bothersome for DE's organization.

Feedback can be given in many ways. Even something as simple as a ''Was this article helpful?'' Yes/No in a FAQ article is a form of feedback.

Without any context it shows whether the article is well understood and comprehensible.

Without context an employee may not know why it has received this rating but he will know that something must be wrong or else it would not have been marked as unhelpful.

On the contrast, an article with a lot of positive feedback reinforces the idea that the way it was written, was very concise and well done.

Feedback systems can be made more elaborate to increase the relevancy of the gathered data by asking the right questions with additional context.

Edited by Mayahai

2 minutes ago, Mayahai said:

Most game companies I have corresponded with allow you to rate the support you received.

I do not believe that I have found a single game company that has this option. I see no real reason for it with Warframe. You have to consider: would the positive feedback outweigh the negative?

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I do not believe that I have found a single game company that has this option. I see no real reason for it with Warframe. You have to consider: would the positive feedback outweigh the negative?

Studio Wildcard (developers from Ark Survival Evolved)

Blizzard Entertainment

Ankama

and some non-gaming companies I remember corresponding with:

Microsoft

Sony

PureVPN

Google

Feedback can be given in many ways. Even something as simple as a ''Was this article helpful?'' Yes/No in a FAQ article is a form of feedback.

As for your second argument:

If the negative outweighs the positive then there is probably a reason for that, a reason DE should give priority to find out to improve their services.

Edited by Mayahai

10 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Usually the "Support feedback" consists in a "Are you satisfied ? Y/N" or a star-ranking system.

I'm not sure this would be really helpful. Would just add a lot of work for basically not much benefit.

Without any context at the bare minimum it shows whether the article is well understood and comprehensible.

Without context an employee may not know why it has received this rating but he will know that something must be wrong or else it would not have been marked as unhelpful.

On the contrast, an article with a lot of positive feedback reinforces the idea that the way it was written, was very concise and well done.

Feedback systems can be made more elaborate to increase the relevancy of the gathered data by asking the right questions with additional context.

In the case of Warframe, I do not want this. And the reason being that I do not like the idea that support staff's job could be in any way shape or form, put in any kind of danger or scrutiny because of the sheer mass of spoiled kids that simply dont get what they want when they contact support and give mass low ratings. Or you know, leave salty comments for the support rep after the ticket gets closed.

Constructive feedback about support quality can be left in the feedback section of the forum, and other people can chime in on that if they can relate to your case. But a rating after you get a response that could be potentially traced to a specific staff member that is doing their job, no.

5 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

In the case of Warframe, I do not want this. And the reason being that I do not like the idea that support staff's job could be in any way shape or form, put in any kind of danger or scrutiny because of the sheer mass of spoiled kids that simply dont get what they want when they contact support and give mass low ratings. Or you know, leave salty comments for the support rep after the ticket gets closed.

Constructive feedback about support quality can be left in the feedback section of the forum, and other people can chime in on that if they can relate to your case. But a rating after you get a response that could be potentially traced to a specific staff member that is doing their job, no.

What you say makes absolutely sense, but do you really think this community is like this? If anything, this is the nicest community I have ever been a part of in over a decade of gaming.

But alright, let's assume that you are right (because humans gonna human), how is someone rating support ''poor'' ''bad'' or ''unsatisfied'' going to affect an employee's safety?

If you are instead referring to psychological harm, then it depends on whether you implement an open-answer feedback form or one with pre-made answers like a poll. Not only that, you can safely assume that anyone working as a support employee has had some form of prior psychological training. (This is not an excuse to be an A****** though!)

Any job that involves handling customers has their own methods of dealing with them and in some rather extreme jobs like Doctor or nurse, very elaborate psychological evaluations.

9 minutes ago, Mayahai said:

But alright, let's assume that you are right (because humans gonna human), how is someone rating support ''poor'' ''bad'' or ''unsatisfied'' going to affect an employee's safety?

Well, I do not know exactly how DE handles support staff performance. But I have worked in a few places in the past where you had to uphold a certain satisfaction score, or you'd get reviewed and otherwise annoyed by your higher ups. And it makes for extremely artificial, impersonal, uncaring, robotic customer support representatives. I know I lost that job because I was unwilling to become a robotic mouthpiece, and I say good riddance to that.

And while this community is good overall, if you stick around the forums throught a day or two, you will see the types of nasty, stupid and outright wtf types of pretentious player requests or demmands that can show up. Namely chat bans, which seem to be the latest trend,because people cant keep their mouths shut in region when they think of something even remotely questionable. Name calling against moderation and the typical "but I paid money, so I deserve to be listened to NOW", and lets not forget the wannabe activists that quote "freedom of speech is in danger".

I feel the need to shield helpdesk staff from this kind of stuff, if their position is in any way similar to what I was through, it is not a pleasant one. And the last thing they need now is a satisfaction rating to think about.

Edited by VadiseReikaz

4 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Well, I do not know exactly how DE handles support staff performance. But I have worked in a few places in the past where you had to uphold a certain satisfaction score, or you'd get reviewed and otherwise annoyed by your higher ups. And it makes for extremely artificial, impersonal, uncaring, robotic customer support representatives. I know I lost that job because I was unwilling to become a robotic mouthpiece, and I say good riddance to that.

And while this community is good overall, if you stick around the forums throught a day or two, you will see the types of nasty, stupid and outright wtf types of pretentious player requests or demmands that can show up. Namely chat bans, which seem to be the latest trend,because people cant keep their mouths shut in region when they think of something even remotely questionable. Name calling against moderation and the typical "but I paid money, so I deserve to be listened to NOW".

I feel the need to shield helpdesk staff from this kind of stuff, if their position is in any way similar to what I was through, it is not a pleasant one. And the last thing they need now is a satisfaction rating to think about.

Well that makes sense. You convinced me.

Though I still have the nagging feeling of not being able to thank DE for their great support.

1 minute ago, Mayahai said:

Well that makes sense. You convinced me.

Though I still have the nagging feeling of not being able to thank DE for their great support.

There is the ocassional thread that pops up giving thanks to DE for this or that. And they generally have good reception! It's a nice change of pace to see. Or people that post that along with a drawing they made, or something too. It's pretty to see.

3 hours ago, Mayahai said:

Without any context at the bare minimum it shows whether the article is well understood and comprehensible.

You perfectly know that most of Support Requests are probably "I deleted X syandana by mistake" or "I chose Ash Prime Helmet as Reward but got Braton Prime Barrel plz fix", and they'll be rated 5/5 or 0/5 based on whether the support gave them the item back or not.

This can't be productive. But it sure as hell would take a lot of time, because someone has to review everything.

DE support uses a system called Zendesk which does have a satisfaction rating system built into it. I've used Zendesk myself until very recently. The satisfaction results are almost always skewed as not many that are happy bother with feedback but those unhappy almost always do. The satisfaction system just ends up being a stick to beat support staff with really.