Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New (and NOT improved) UI is seriously buggy, details within

(PSN)Knightfyre

The UI changes rolled out in Update 22.20.6 on consoles are ridiculously glitchy and do NOT function well with console controllers.  I have encountered numerous bugs and glitches while trying to work with the new UI, none of which has been enjoyable or seemed like an improvement, and more often than not has been an exercise in frustration.

A prime example:  While "upgrading" (and why that why that word was chosen for MODIFYING the mods installed still baffles me, but I digress) the mods on my weapon in the Arsenal, controller buttons will frequently cease to function at random and make it impossible to do anything further in that screen!  For no obvious reason at all, the X button will stop working when trying to select any mod, forcing me to back out of the "Upgrade" screen completely and then go BACK into the Upgrade screen to be able to continue installing/removing mods.  This bug will happen MULTIPLE TIMES during the course of working with my mods, requiring me to back out and return to the Upgrade screen several times to finally complete the desired changes to my equipped mods.  This was not a problem prior to this UI change, and it is VERY FRUSTRATING.  Definitely NOT an improvement.

Also, since we're on the subject of issues within the Arsenal, the function of buttons on the controller will seemlingly change at random, regardless of where the "cursor" is located on screen.  For example, I can have the cursor floating over the mod slots, and pressing the L1 and R1 buttons will sometimes swap between CONFIG A, CONFIG B, and CONFIG C (as desired) but at other times--when the cursor is in the exact same place--pressing L1 and R1 will randomly start changing which mod sets are shown at the bottom of the screen (i.e. ALL, MADURAI, VAZARIN, etc.).  Similarly, when hovering the cursor over a mod installed in one of the mod slots, pressing the Triangle button will remove the mod from the slot and return it to the inventory at the bottom of the screen... but at other times, pressing Triangle will cause the cursor to jump down to the bar just above the inventory at the bottom, popping up the menu that changes how the mod inventory is sorted (i.e. Sort by Polarity, by Name, by Drain, etc).  WTF?!  These inexplicable and seemingly random changes to how buttons on the controller function are VERY confusing, make no sense, and are a major source of frustration!

When working in the different menu screens of the game (such as the Options menu, the Arsenal, etc), using the D-Pad -kind of- gets the menus to function like they did prior to this UI change, except that sometimes the cursor apparently doesn't move to the exact correct location on the screen and leaves you unable to select the menu item that the cursor is supposed to be on, forcing you to manually move the cursor with the thumbstick to get it to properly line up with the menu item you were trying to get to with the D-Pad.  At other times, when using the D-Pad to move between menu items, you will end up with the cursor skipping over options in the list rather than properly moving up and down the list, one option at a time!

Another annoying change (not a bug, perse, but an annoying incongruity none-the-less) that I've encountered with the new UI is that when you are deploying resource extractors on a planet, the button that you press to select which extractor you wish to deploy has been changed to the Square button instead of the X button.  In practically every other menu, though, the X button is the one you press when making a selection.  For the sake of uniformity and easier menu navigation, please change this back to the X button so that it falls in line with other menu selection controls!

This whole UI overhaul feels rushed and needs some serious work to get it to function as smoothly as it did before.  I do not understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to roll out a half-baked change to the UI (one that comes off like you're trying to shoehorn emulated mouse & keyboard functionality onto console controllers) when it functioned BETTER beforehand!

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

The DOWN Portion of my D-PAD simply stops working all together and the problem will persist even after leaving the game. It first began when we got the update BEFORE the UI overhaul. Sony had me uninstall Warframe and its saved data and the problem went away. Sadly, the minute I reinstalled Warframe the glitch came back. This happen to any if yall?

On 2018-06-15 at 9:50 AM, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

This whole UI overhaul feels rushed and needs some serious work to get it to function as smoothly as it did before.  I do not understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to roll out a half-baked change to the UI (one that comes off like you're trying to shoehorn emulated mouse & keyboard functionality onto console controllers) when it functioned BETTER beforehand!

+1 (Million)

On 2018-06-19 at 10:30 AM, (XB1)Fevi117 said:

I'm still in shock that this UI change somehow made it through internal playtesting. I can understand it getting through console certification, because I believe those are mainly for bugs.

Preach it LOL I thought the same thing! These bugs are a HOT MESS. Now everytime I play Warframe the DOWN portion of my D-PAD glitches and continues to glitch after I leave Warframe. All the Sony tech reps advise me to do the same thing... delete Warfram's saved data and uninstall the game. Which fixes the problem. It comes back though when I reinstall Warframe and then play it.

One Sony tech even said I should just stop playing the game altogether (which is an even longer story). It's been DRAMA. This stuff should have been caught long before it was given to us. I just dont get it, how is a UI glitch in Warframe effecting the way my UI works outside of Warframe?