Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 23: Mods, Forma, and Destruction of Builds

Voltage

3 minutes ago, Dragoneye95 said:

Well. You can also level stuff passively. Just take your full modded Tigris Prime and dont give a #*!% for your Exalted Weapon till its maxed out. Warframe could easily be a triple A game, costing 60 Euros. You cant find a perfect game but come one. Theres nobody more fair than DE (with the exception of maybe GGG of Path of Exiles).

You know what i'm done trying to explain to a brainlet why setting me and countless other back hundreds of hours and plat is infuriating.

Edit: K a bit mean on my part here i'm still just frustrated with the way DE tends to introduce things into the game which sets us back and builds a higher sharper wall to climb over.

Edited by MRmailman69

il y a 5 minutes, MRmailman69 a dit :

You know what i'm done trying to explain to a brainlet why setting me and countless other back hundreds of hours and plat is infuriating.

You dont need to use these mods anyway. The usual ones will do too. They are meant to be more easily to built on Umbra frames. I think you dont understand things about game design. And also how Betas work. It is not guaranteed that your work wont get #*!%ed up while it is a Beta. And in the end it isnt #*!%ed up cause just continue using the normal mods.

Maybe they should make these mods Umbra exclusive mods so nobody complains anymore lol.

Edited by Dragoneye95

Just now, Dragoneye95 said:

You dont need to use these mods anyway. The usual ones will do too. They are meant to be more easily to built Umbra frames.

Well yes they will sure but it is a constant carrot dangling over you rubbing its ass in your face "look at me im better then those mods all you need to do is waste 5-6 forma and 200k endo and you might just get way more health armor and dmg.

10 minutes ago, Dragoneye95 said:

Well. You can also level stuff passively. Just take your full modded Tigris Prime and dont give a #*!% for your Exalted Weapon till its maxed out. Warframe could easily be a triple A game, costing 60 Euros. You cant find a perfect game but come one. Theres nobody more fair than DE (with the exception of maybe GGG of Path of Exiles).

Do you have more terrible suggestions to make? You should make of compilation of the dumbest suggestions ever and deliver them all at once and spare us.

il y a 1 minute, Anthraxicus a dit :

Do you have more terrible suggestions to make? You should make of compilation of the dumbest suggestions ever and deliver them all at once and spare us.

What was dumb with this comment? Warframe could be (when looking at the extremely fair F2P model and the work which were put in there) easily a triple A game which costs 60 euro. It wasnt a suggestion. It was more like look how great the game in reality is and be happy. Even if things dont turn out how you like them to be.

il y a 7 minutes, MRmailman69 a dit :

Well yes they will sure but it is a constant carrot dangling over you rubbing its ass in your face "look at me im better then those mods all you need to do is waste 5-6 forma and 200k endo and you might just get way more health armor and dmg.

I understand your frustration. But that is how games work. Min max with higher effort or be happy with what you have. The difference is, you can get everything absolutely F2P. You get triple Forma bundle for Platinum and not for Steam money.

Edited by Dragoneye95

1 minute ago, Dragoneye95 said:

What was dumb with this comment? Warframe could be (when looking at the extremely fair F2P model and the work which were put in there) easily a triple A game which costs 60 euro. It wasnt a suggestion. It was more like look how great the game in reality is and be happy. Even if things dont turn out how you like them to be.

If you truly love a game and company and wish them to succeed you criticize and help iron out the flaws not give it an ego boost.

What you are suggesting is this: If I want to make an exalted blade build, I should play the Excalibur with a shotgun only, no more different than any other 3rd person shooter out there, until one of his abilities have been leveled up 5 times in a row in other to be used....exactly like I was already using it 4 days ago. Never mind the Warframe itself. 
That alone is annoying for me, so I can imagine how it would be for players who have picked Excal as their first Warframe, has to go through the Star Chart with a gimped Warframe now and still have to build all the other stuff to reach MR13 and use that Tigris Prime.

Edited by Anthraxicus

1 minute ago, MRmailman69 said:

If you truly love a game and company and wish them to succeed you criticize and help iron out the flaws not give it an ego boost.

I have yet to see you make a suggestion of what you'd like to see instead, but I'm all ears.  So far though, everything adds up to 'I don't like grinding'.

1 minute ago, Dragoneye95 said:

I understand your frustration. But that is how games work. Min max with higher effort or be happy with what you have. The difference is, you can get everything absolutely F2P. You get triple Forma bundle for Platinum and not Steam money.

Except enemies have the worst scaling i've seen in a while where you either min-max everything or use cheese and god knows DE hates anything involving cheese nerfing it into the ground.

à l’instant, MRmailman69 a dit :

I criticize DE when I see there is a need of doing so. For me the recent changes make sense. I could criticize about the performance problems in the Plains of Eidolons. I am near unable to play it enjoyable. So theres still alot of S#&$ but I think all changes of the new update were aome very good additiona to the game.

Just now, Dragoneye95 said:

I criticize DE when I see there is a need of doing so. For me the recent changes make sense. I could criticize about the performance problems in the Plains of Eidolons. I am near unable to play it enjoyable. So theres still alot of S#&$ but I think all changes of the new update were aome very good additiona to the game.

Ok so you don't some of us do.

il y a 4 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

What you are suggesting is this: If I want to make an exalted blade build, I should play the Excalibur with a shotgun only, no more different than any other 3rd person shooter out there, until one of his abilities have been leveled up 5 times in a row in other to be used....exactly like I was already using it 4 days ago. Never mind the Warframe itself. 

What I am suggesting is. Do what you think. It levels with you anyway. DE also doesnt want you to run with Excaliburs 4 only so wheres the point?

Edited by Dragoneye95

Maybe its a thing of taste but if you dont like grinding, why do you play Warframe then? It was always about grinding and people still complaining about it.

There is a difference between meaningful grinding like getting new things or things i want that i'll gladly do and forcing me into a pointless grind to repeat what i've done hundreds of times.

It all start's to get boring and makes people burn out on the game leaving and a lot of the time not coming back.

12 minutes ago, Dragoneye95 said:

What I am suggesting is. Do what you think. It levels with you anyway. DE also doesnt want you to run with Excaliburs 4 only so wheres the point?

It is not up to them. In any case, even if that was to be true, after you level up 5x AN ABILITY, which doesn't happen to other Warframes, you can keep doing what you were doing only 4 days ago. So, not only your point is absolutely irrelevant, it is also false.

Edited by Anthraxicus

il y a 2 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

It is not up to them. In any case, even if that was to be true, after you level up 5x AN ABILITY, which doesn't happen to other Warframes, you can keep doing what you were doing only 4 days ago. So, not only your point is absolutely irrelevant, it is also false.

Do you know why they forbid you to spam abilites in ESO? They work on making the players use as much variety as they can. This is also the reason Maiming Strike will be nerfed soon.

Edited by Dragoneye95

il y a 7 minutes, MRmailman69 a dit :

There is a difference between meaningful grinding like getting new things or things i want that i'll gladly do and forcing me into a pointless grind to repeat what i've done hundreds of times.

It all start's to get boring and makes people burn out on the game leaving and a lot of the time not coming back.

And you still dont have to do it to be Endgame viable. 

25 minutes ago, Dragoneye95 said:

Do you know why they forbid you to spam abilites in ESO? They work on making the players use as much variety as they can. This is also the reason Maiming Strike will be nerfed soon.

ESO is a different thing. It is one mode among many others that do not have the same rules. And they forbid you to spam one ability, which happens to not be the greatest of the abilities for many frames. Also, they added stuff like Saryn, that spams only one ability in ESO, is not forbidden to do so and is not required to be leveled up 5x times to be effective. Again, your point is irrelevant and false. 

Edited by Anthraxicus

On 2018-06-15 at 1:12 PM, allibound said:

I'm honestly shocked the forums aren't burning in the wake of a horde of angry, frothing, pictchfork-toting players screaming about the 20+ forma we've effectively lost.  I'm at a loss for words at how much of a setback this is for me in time and effort.  All this wait for a quest I did casually in 1 evening and now a month-long grind just to get back to where I was.  Crap like this is why I stop playing for months on end, and why almost none of my friends ever log in anymore.

I feel ya mate. I just have a feeling of emptiness whenever I log in. Quite often I find myself running around my Liset aimlessly for 15min+, Just sliding and jumping around. I just don't feel like playing anymore tbh. Warframe is a "grindy" game that I rly enjoyed even though I hate grinding from the bottom of my heart, and not long ago I saw a video that said "Grind is not a game mechanic it's a state of mind, it's when farming just feel like a chore that you want to get rid of asap to get to the fun part". So now I've fallen into this state of mind, just don't find the "farm" in Warframe fun anymore, and like I said before, I hate grinding.

il y a 14 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

ESO is a different thing. It is one mode among many others that do not have the same rules. And they forbid you to spam one ability, which happens to not be the greatest of the abilities for many frames. Also, they added stuff like Saryn, that spams only one ability in ESO, is not forbidden to do so and is not required to be leveled up 5x times to be effective. Again, your point is irrelevant and false. 

Well it is the first try to involve a system which makes spamming things harder. As a developer who puts much effort in giving many ways to attack you dont like to have people who always do the same thing. Its about logic.

Edited by Dragoneye95

15 minutes ago, Dragoneye95 said:

Well it is the first try to involve a system which makes spamming things harder. As a developer who puts much effort in giving many ways to attack you dont like to have people who always do the same thing. Its about logic.

If they don't want to let people spam one ability and win the game, that is one thing, but it is not up to them to tell me how I play. If I want to spam Pull with Mag and nothing else, that is my decision. Unless you want me to spend 5 forma to mod that ability.

3 hours ago, dopey_opi said:

And that's precisely the problem here, we're currently unable to forma for Umbra mods.  Our agency is hindered by a glaring omission of options.  If you for whatever reason changed your mind and did want to forma for Umbra mods, you would not be able to.  I'm not blaming a community obsession on DE.  I'm actually not even at the blame stage yet - I see this as a launch day oversight, which is par for the course as Warframe goes.

There is a difference in saying you want to be able to forma for Umbra, which is reasonable, and saying DE made Umbra mods and separated exalted weapons to force people to buy forma, which is what most people sound like right now

People are acting like they have no choice but to use the Umbra mods, they do

Edited by TheChaotic1