Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronos God of Time

TheMandarin

So far, we have frames which control fire, wind, water, sand, lighting, earth and ice. But we have yet to have a frame that control time, what if there is a frame that has the ability to manipulate time on the battlefield?

What I think the frame should do.

1. time deceleration. this ability is similar to Frost 3rd ability, but the main difference is that Kronos will have a much large area of effect, while this ability slow down the movement speed of the enemies and their attach speed, this ability cannot stop bullets or lasers like Frost ice global. and because it cannot give player invincibility, it has a high energy efficient ratio, and this also should be an ability that last long at default. 

2. time shield. this ability give player and his or her teammates a time limited shield, what this shield does is that it stops all projectiles (imagine Leo in the Matrix movie), and any enemy who tries to attach players or other tennos in melee will be frozen in time. however, this ability cannot stop laser weapons, because laser is at the speed of light, and time is relative to light. e.g. the sun we see on earth is the sun that was 8 minutes ago, because that's how long it takes for sunlight to travel from the Sun to Earth. 

3. time is money. the player spend a small amount of energy in the energy pool, and at the same time a portion of credits from player's player account, in return, the player and other tennos gain a significant bonus to reload, fire rate, melee attack rate, shield recharge rate, energy regen rate, and health regen rate (e.g. when the player is affected by Oberon's heal global).

4. rewind. Kronos ultimate ability allow him to rewind time back, e.g. 10 seconds, 20 seconds or 30 seconds depends on the level of this ability. this ability is significant because it will also work on the tennos that are down. let's say you are on a high level interception mission, because each interception notes are relatively far from each other. and let's say you are in a three men team instead of 4, and 2 of your teammates are down. Kronos can use the 4th ability to rewind time back to 10 seconds ago before the teammates were down, and the other tennos will have the health, shield and energy they had 10 seconds ago. 

rewind will also be extremely helpful when it comes to spy mission, let's say you touch one of those lasers, and triggered data purge, you can then rewind back to 10 seconds ago, before you made the wrong jump which gives you a second attempt at hacking the data. 

Thanks for reading

Two things.

First: another timeframe named kronos cliché name.

Second: For the ultimate ability what if your squad mates were downed and then revived then you rewind time for a certain amount of time to the time they were downed, would they then be downed again after just being saved or how would it work?

48 minutes ago, Megasupremeprime said:

Two things.

First: another timeframe named kronos cliché name.

Second: For the ultimate ability what if your squad mates were downed and then revived then you rewind time for a certain amount of time to the time they were downed, would they then be downed again after just being saved or how would it work?

That's a great question, and I actually thought of this issue when I was thinking about this frame, and I believe one of the challenging part about this frame, will be the timing of his ultimate, and I like that. because this frame is about controlling time, and being able to get the perfect timing to revive your teammates in itself is a time controlling skill. 

11 minutes ago, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

try limbo.. go to enemys and click 4th ability, shoot 10 enemy while they are time freezed, the bullets will not move because this is time control, recast 4th ability, they will die all at once

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo#Enemy i don't think you understand Limbo's 4th. His ultimate does not stop time. enemies can still move freely in and out of the rift. 

For starters this has to be like the 10th time frame I’ve seen. 

Also reversing time would complicate the game. That is just a big NO. DE is not going to create an ability that affects the whole game. I shouldn’t have to explain the details. 

As a time frame I’ve suggested a few times that an ability that increases the aging and decay of enemies would make sense. Turning the biological enemies into dust and machines into rust. They become vulnerable and slowly lose health and when killed, poof. 

Reversing the time on himself would be less complicated and something DE could do. Could be a charge where if you hold the buttons down he will rewind and casting speeds will determine how fast. 

Creating a wave similar to Nova that makes enemies walk/run/fly backwards for a certain amount of time would be decent and funny to watch. If they return to the spawn spot they came from then they just remain frozen for the rest of the duration. And any time they shoot they hurt themselves due to bullets flying back instead of forward. 

I could see a time freeze where bullets and enemies just freeze for a short time and lose track of you once they recover if you’re no longer in line of site. 

These are just a few ideas I could see DE giving them. A few changes might need to be made so narrow minded players don’t compare them to other warframes’ abilities. But that could be said about any warframe ability. 

But we do need to think of something other than a time warframe. Too many post as is. 

eh, seems kinda lack luster. How about these for some abilities.

1: Time Warp: Enemies that Enter Time warp, a shimmering cone that goes up in the air, begin to rapidly age (take damage). If they exit the Warp before they die they are damaged by a time pulse as they are 'restored' to their previous age. (damage stays applied)

2: Time Ripple: send a ripple of energy out from Kronos to reach back in time and resupply allied tenno within range, replenishing 30% of the ammo used in the last two minutes. Energy cost for this would be high given its ability for 'infinite' ammo if low cost.

3: Time Lapse: Kronos enters into an altered time line, he freely runs around attacking, killing and all around damaging any enemy nearby, though abilities are locked during this time, he has access to all other weapons. Once the ability ends, Kronos returns to the starting point of the ability, marked by a shimmering 'ghost' of his frame. Any damage dealt to Kronos during the Time lapse is reduced by half, and half the ammo consumed is replenished.

4:  Time Pulse: Kronos launches out a massive time surge, freezing all enemies in place. Enemies frozen in time can be 'shattered' across space time killing most enemies, and damaging stronger enemies. this can happen by pressing the 4th ability a second time, ending it instantly, or by hand. The ability creates a shimmering energy zone that can capture new enemies that enter it. (giving a reason not to insta use it save for large crowd grabs)

just some thoughts of my own on the time theme 😛 thought about posting my own frame, but as i can't do stats well i though i'd share my ideas for yours ^_^

56 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

eh, seems kinda lack luster. How about these for some abilities.

1: Time Warp: Enemies that Enter Time warp, a shimmering cone that goes up in the air, begin to rapidly age (take damage). If they exit the Warp before they die they are damaged by a time pulse as they are 'restored' to their previous age. (damage stays applied)

2: Time Ripple: send a ripple of energy out from Kronos to reach back in time and resupply allied tenno within range, replenishing 30% of the ammo used in the last two minutes. Energy cost for this would be high given its ability for 'infinite' ammo if low cost.

3: Time Lapse: Kronos enters into an altered time line, he freely runs around attacking, killing and all around damaging any enemy nearby, though abilities are locked during this time, he has access to all other weapons. Once the ability ends, Kronos returns to the starting point of the ability, marked by a shimmering 'ghost' of his frame. Any damage dealt to Kronos during the Time lapse is reduced by half, and half the ammo consumed is replenished.

4:  Time Pulse: Kronos launches out a massive time surge, freezing all enemies in place. Enemies frozen in time can be 'shattered' across space time killing most enemies, and damaging stronger enemies. this can happen by pressing the 4th ability a second time, ending it instantly, or by hand. The ability creates a shimmering energy zone that can capture new enemies that enter it. (giving a reason not to insta use it save for large crowd grabs)

just some thoughts of my own on the time theme 😛 thought about posting my own frame, but as i can't do stats well i though i'd share my ideas for yours ^_^

Sounds very OP. But I could see the abilities being used. I try to think of abilities that aren’t too OP. If too weak then somebody could add to it vs taking it away. Think about all the nerfs. As of now I be focusing on high damage short range with limbo and use his cataclysm as a Big Bang. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Sounds very OP. But I could see the abilities being used. I try to think of abilities that aren’t too OP. If too weak then somebody could add to it vs taking it away. Think about all the nerfs. As of now I be focusing on high damage short range with limbo and use his cataclysm as a Big Bang. 

but thats the fun of coming up with the abilities. People on the forums seem to think warframes are one and done. i can't even imagine how many variations of Excalibur came through before they settled. how he should look, what abilities should he have, how they would mesh with other frames, how he should attack, how the abilities should look when used. i mean, these are literally first concept and instantly done idea's around a central theme, time. and while they sound op, the how long they take effect, WHAT they can effect, WHO they can effect etc is what makes them strong or weak. That being said i can see your point, but thats mine, they need trimming and primping ^_^ without love we wouldn't' have the warfames we enjoy 😛 *cough* Nova ^_^ *cough cough*

Can't believe nobody brought this up...

One of these frames with suggested stats at max rank with maximised duration (or power, whichever one affects the fourth) would reverse time by OVER A MINUTE with each cast. Can you imagine the power this would give to trolls? "Sorry, you didn't actually want to finish this survival mission, did you?"

2 hours ago, Hunter126 said:

Kronos is the Titan father of Zeus not the personification of time.

Chronos already was confused with, or perhaps consciously identified with, the Titan Cronus in antiquity due to the similarity in names. The identification became more widespread during the Renaissance, giving rise to the allegory of "Father Time" wielding the harvesting scythe.

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

7 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Chronos already was confused with, or perhaps consciously identified with, the Titan Cronus in antiquity due to the similarity in names. The identification became more widespread during the Renaissance, giving rise to the allegory of "Father Time" wielding the harvesting scythe.

haha yeah I know, I was just saying.