Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tagada's workshop - come and share your thoughts <3

Hey fellow tenno, i decided to open a new thread to share with you my ideas for skins (mainly weapon skins atm)

i'm just getting started i 3D modelling so don't expect many results early. But i'd like to gather your thoughts 

!!! Be sure to check the last answer to get the last update on my work !!!

Edited by Tagadabiiatch

Alright so i started working on a tenno hammer / jat kittag mdoel swap recently and started modelling it, here's a glimpse of my work atm.
feel free to leave a comment if you'd like something to change

/!\ It's my first time using blender after watching a few videos on youtube so it might lack some technical thingy but i'm trying to learn

xdg6HmQ.png

Edited by Tagadabiiatch

Il y a 6 heures, Zahnny a dit :

Feels a bit too square and boxy for Grineer design.

I started working on a more round-ish version that suits the grineer style better ^^ It's still in progress so don't worry about the wierd things at some places, i'll try to get to the sculpting soon. I'll searc what weapons i can use to sculpt that to something cool looking, probably the Machete

dcEKLyE.png

Also I would recommend going back to your base model and work on the silhouette a bit more, the grineer aesthetic is very bulky and bulbous usually, right now your machete looks like a mix between corpus and grineer, mainly the handle looking more grineer and the blade more corpus. Also from a technical standpoint, I would recommend separating your model into separate parts and sculpt each part separately. Makes the workflow more easier to work with and maintain, as well as make it look better. Right now it looks as though everything is just mushed into one, which I don't think is what you want. in Blender, you can select all in object mode, press P, then choose how you would want to separate it. I would recommend separating by Loose Parts, then joining the parts that are similar.

Good Luck! There's lots to learn that will become extremely rewarding in the end.

Le 27/06/2018 à 08:49, Swaggernaut64 a dit :

Also I would recommend going back to your base model and work on the silhouette a bit more, the grineer aesthetic is very bulky and bulbous usually, right now your machete looks like a mix between corpus and grineer, mainly the handle looking more grineer and the blade more corpus. Also from a technical standpoint, I would recommend separating your model into separate parts and sculpt each part separately. Makes the workflow more easier to work with and maintain, as well as make it look better. Right now it looks as though everything is just mushed into one, which I don't think is what you want. in Blender, you can select all in object mode, press P, then choose how you would want to separate it. I would recommend separating by Loose Parts, then joining the parts that are similar.

Good Luck! There's lots to learn that will become extremely rewarding in the end.

Thanks for the feedback ^^ i made it look bulkier and reworked the shapes to start from something new and better, here's how it is now (still far from finished), it's getting better, still need to figure out how to grineer-ize the blade, i'd like some rust and paint but any other idea is wellcomed 🙂

W3svCX7.png

Also i tried to work with basic shapes first and I just starting detailing as you told me @FrellingHazmot

While it's not strictly necessary to remove all the boxy-ness from the blade if you're going for a Grineer look (referencing the Twin Cleavers and the OG Machete/Machete Wraith here), a lot of Grineer bladed weapons, and Grineer melee weapons in general, have drastic curves that bulge out like metal tumors and add an impression of mass to the general area you'd expect to hit something with. For example, the Krohkur, Kesheg, Twin Basolk, Ripkas, and Sheev.

Not graceful gradual curves like Tenno weapons. Rather, they are abrupt, even protruding. They almost look like someone took their hands to the metal and bent and crushed them into shape, especially with the Sheev.

If I might make a suggestion, change the part at the back of the blade where it angles back to become slightly wider. Instead, try making it curve outward even more abruptly, so that the widened portion has a lump-like quality to it. That should definitely make the blade look more like a Grineer implement as opposed to a sharpened Prova.

This might end up making it look a little too top-heavy, to which I'd suggest altering the size or angle of the teeth, but it's hard to envision how one might make changes from there without a solid idea of what the bulge would look like.

Just delete art from first post and add your new 3d art progresion. So that if someone enter and see what you did not live just because all he see is some bad art and not 3D and thats it. And what I see this in the end looks cool. Just fix the handle for now and that's it...

Il y a 2 heures, Vlada91 a dit :

Just delete art from first post and add your new 3d art progresion. So that if someone enter and see what you did not live just because all he see is some bad art and not 3D and thats it. And what I see this in the end looks cool. Just fix the handle for now and that's it...

did it ^^ thanks
i'm still working on the handle but the sculpting should be done soon i think ^^