Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, what am I missing about Ballas in that final cutscene?

TARINunit9

Yeah spoilers obviously.

When Ordan Karris stabs Ballas, Ballas dies for about half a second before standing back up and laughing

When we stab Ballas, Ballas is just up and dead. Final death, you could even dub Thanos over it saying "no resurrections this time"

Does our Z-kid like melt his insides with some void energy via a particle effect that didn't actually get rendered? Does Ballas need to be under a Neural Sentry's protection or something? Clearly I'm missing something

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

We weren't using Exalted Blade for that scene, we were using a nikana

we used umbra blade if u looked correctly not exalted one (exalted one and ubra blade are different weapons)I meant new nikana if u still dont get it

Edited by Enkeiie

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah spoilers obviously.

When Ordan Karris stabs Ballas, Ballas dies for about half a second before standing back up and laughing

When we stab Ballas, Ballas is just up and dead. Final death, you could even dub Thanos over it saying "no resurrections this time"

Does our Z-kid like melt his insides with some void energy via a particle effect that didn't actually get rendered? Does Ballas need to be under a Neural Sentry's protection or something? Clearly I'm missing something

Ordan Karris didn't kill Ballas, that was Dax soldiers/other orokin, Ballas appeared after

He would probably come back you might never know 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

The blade is Umbral, I guess, based on it's polarities.

1 minute ago, Enkeiie said:

we used umbra blade if u looked correctly not exalted one (exalted one and ubra blade are different weapons)I meant new nikana if u still dont get it

So the theory is, the new Skiajati nikana is more than just an ordinary rubidium steel alloy sword and has some special properties? Actually wait, hang on a second...

>Forged of steel grafted from Umbra's flesh

Oh I guess it is made of something new, I guess that's what I missed

4 minutes ago, Enkeiie said:

nope. Ballas lost immortality and aged . And umbra blade can kill orokin and sentients (since its infestation)

Considering all warframes are infestation and Sentients are immune to infestation as per Plague Star, that explanation doesn't hold. If that was the case, a mire held by any warframe would be equivalent. Instead, it seems more those mods Umbra Excalibur has on.

3 hours ago, Enkeiie said:

nope. Ballas lost immortality and aged . And umbra blade can kill orokin and sentients (since its infestation)

We don't know if he lost his immortality (since orokin jump bodies or it might be a special case), and he was pretty much the same as he was millenia ago. And infestation has nothing to do with being able to kill orokin/sentients

Edited by ShadowExodus

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Considering all warframes are infestation and Sentients are immune to infestation as per Plague Star, that explanation doesn't hold. If that was the case, a mire held by any warframe would be equivalent. Instead, it seems more those mods Umbra Excalibur has on.

ballas lost immortality after empire collapsed since they no longer were able to perform continuity. He cant stop body from rotting. It was mentioned in war within

Edited by Enkeiie

4 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Ordan Karris didn't kill Ballas, that was Dax soldiers/other orokin, Ballas appeared after

>I feel a sense of shame but the end upon me. Ballas is above me, Executor of the Seven, smiling. He says, 'How simple and pure you are, you idiot beast. We have died countless times! Yet remain eternal!' I close my eyes to die just once.

Even if you are correct (and I don't think you are, the scene is set up so that Ordan Karris killed Ballas), it wouldn't change the fact that Ballas had resurrection-based immortality separate from the Continuity ritual the Kweens used

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

>I feel a sense of shame but the end upon me. Ballas is above me, Executor of the Seven, smiling. He says, 'How simple and pure you are, you idiot beast. We have died countless times! Yet remain eternal!' I close my eyes to die just once.

Even if you are correct (and I don't think you are, the scene is set up so that Ordan Karris killed Ballas), it wouldn't change the fact that Ballas had resurrection-based immortality separate from the Continuity ritual the Kweens used

Ballas is obviously talking about the orokin elite as a whole. Plus the fact that Ballas wasn't even mentioned in the previous fragments but he was given a full introduction in this one for what reason? To show that he went up to Ordis after his futile rampage. Instead of showing me that part, show the part where it says that ordis plunged his blades into ballas's skull

Edited by ShadowExodus

2 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Ballas is obviously talking about the orokin elite as a whole. Instead of showing me that part, show the part where it says that ordis plunged his blades into ballas's skull

>'Rise, Ordan Karris.' I have never seen an Orokin, close and in the flesh. My battered face flushes at their peerless beauty. How can he be so perfect? A deception? A sense manipulation? He holds the Red Vial in his hand. Impossible.

>Their radiant bodies become targets, their Dax guards... mag-shields. Killing one... well, that's too easy. I want to be remembered. I raise my hands, twisting my fingers through my hair, gripping the bone-plugs in my neck.

>I glide on red wings. Robes shed, making me an ambiguous target to Dax steel. I let fly my ivory blades, they find new homes in Dax eyes. I land with my red-nakedness, delicate Orokin throats twisting in my calloused hands.

>The plugs are gone, and so I bled my last... into a heap of ruin. In an instant, naked and bare-knuckled, I have killed immortals.

>And so the dream returns... one last repetition. My corpse moon, my scarlet sword, my cracked visor. 'Drink!,' says Ballas. So I draw on the Red Vial, a vague metallic taste.

Ballas is the one holding the Red Vial in the fifth quote, it stands to reason he was the one holding it in the first quote. Also Ordan Karris is able to distinguish between an Orokin Elite and a Dax guard, and brags that he stabbed both of them

6 minutes ago, Enkeiie said:

ballas lost immortality after empire collapsed since they no longer were able to perform continuity. He cant stop body from rotting. It was mentioned in war within

Well its true the Queens were degrading in their Grineer bodies they had last used Continuity to; Ballas is not in a normal Orokin Elite form, considering its odd appearance reminiscent of technocyte, his body is likely not affected by normal aging. Continuity instead seems to be a process related to Transference as per DE Steve, that takes over another's body that still has a will, subsuming and overpowering it for body snatching. The Orokin likely didn't have immortality in a god-like sense, but rather in continuously body hoping when near death. Ballas likely just didn't expect the Tenno to be able to strike him.

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Well its true the Queens were degrading in their Grineer bodies they had last used Continuity to; Ballas is not in a normal Orokin Elite form, considering its odd appearance reminiscent of technocyte, his body is likely not affected by normal aging. Continuity instead seems to be a process related to Transference as per DE Steve, that takes over another's body that still has a will, subsuming and overpowering it for body snatching. The Orokin likely didn't have immortality in a god-like sense, but rather in continuously body hoping when near death. Ballas likely just didn't expect the Tenno to be able to strike him.

Oro works after death too.

Nothing really. Either he is dead and his arc is over or that he will come back magically 3 years from now. Beside one of the queens, no villain has truly died in Warframe. Heck there are still discussions about how the queen might come back soooo... Yeah. We just have to wait and see.

Edited by (PS4)Warframe2052018

I don't think Ballas is dead. He's just wounded. He didn't expect us to hop out of the frame and stab him. Perhaps it has been so long that he forgot that Tenno can hurt him. Remember in War Within Teshin mentioned that only a Tenno could raise steel to the Orokin. Not to mention the Orokin are powerful and can defy death. However one with a powerful enough Oro like the Tenno can slay them. Hence why Ordan Karris could not hurt or kill him, but we can. 

He wasn't dead when he was whisked away, and we sure didn't destroy his Oro. Ballas definitely survived, and we will see him again.

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Oro works after death too.

Which according to Teshin, only we (at least in Conclave) and Sentient have; it being our Soul energy. We destroy it when be absorb it with our Void energy