Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE: The Sacrifice -- Twitch Drops Campaign

[DE]Taylor

1 hour ago, CorvusTheHeretic said:

Is it One forma or glyph per hour, or is it one forma or glyph in total? I mean is it possible to get multiple formas from twitch drop?

After 8 hours of running streams, it does not appear possible to get more than one of each drop and it's simply a single one of each for the entire campaign. I know exactly where you're coming from because I also read the italicized end note as literally saying that you can one of each drop for every 60 minutes streamed. I think what it's supposed to mean is that (if you do not have both drops already) every 60 minutes of view time you will get a 50% chance for the other item and you may not necessarily get both drops in two hours because the 50% roll may land on the item you already received. So just keep watching until you eventually get both items.

If that's the case I think it would be better put as, "Watch any Warframe Partner stream for 60 minutes for a 50% chance to receive either the Cherry Tree Glyph or a built Forma. [Every 60 minutes of additional view time will give you another chance for the other item to drop.] Limit one of each."

Edited by de1337er

The times on the official warframe website are wrong: I've been watching streams tonight and no teshin statue: I check the forums, and it turns out it was earlier today and yesterday.

Good job DE, your website is wrong. I shouldn't have to go to the forums to figure out when to get my teshin bust.

It says "June 17 to 18 (sunday and monday)" on the WARFRAME.COM WEBSITE. This is wrong. I just want my teshin statue.

https://www.warframe.com/news/limited-time-twitch-drops

Check it for yourself.

https://www.warframe.com/news/limited-time-twitch-drops 

worked really late on 17th says 17 to 18th, watched stream on 18th when i got off from work, did not get statue, got forma........ 

you should really update the page people actually look at when you change important things like qualification times to recieve things... now i have to wait a week and hope im not working to get my statue -.-

Will there be other opportunities to receive the drops again if anyone misses these time frames due to complications? I wouldn't want these to be too exclusive, especially if there are people who really have no way to get these because of personal or professional factors.

Also, I have the same problem as some people above me. I started watching on the 17th for the Teshin Statue because the news page said that that day was when it would start dropping until the 18th. Now I'm learning from this thread that it was actually the 16th to the 17th. I'm pretty disappointed because I didn't get that sweet statue due to misinformation between this thread and the actual campaign page. I really want to say this is a timezone problem because I live in California, but the two pages explicitly state contradicting time frames. I feel that this is a big enough reason to even just extend the campaign for a some more days.

Thanks.

Edited by Nomonimus
Adding additional information and concern.

You put out great content DE, and I appreciate everything you do: it just seems this twitch drop thing is a bit of a thorn in your side. I'm in agreement with others above: the times on the website seem to be incorrect. The way I interpret this page is that the diadem was available on Friday, the Statue on Sunday and the glyph/forma for the full 5 days during the week. Apparently, the Statue was actually available on Saturday, and the Glyph/Forma became available on Sunday.

I got the StarChild diadem Friday night (which was correct) so I did not bother watching on Saturday the 16th. The website says I needed to watch on Sunday the 17th to get the Teshin statue; but watching for hours on Sunday got me both the Forma and the Cherry Tree glyph, items that were explicitly shown to not be available until today, Monday the 18th. Pardon me for being a bit annoyed that I somehow missed the statue.

I understand there is another opportunity coming up, but as others have said I'd appreciate having the times on the website be corrected, or at least triple-checked for accuracy, and clarified. Is the statue going to be available on Saturday again or Sunday as the site clearly says? As a work-around for this I guess I'll just have streams like Brozime, DKDiamentes, Tactical Potato and DimitriV2 running in the background simultaneously for hours every day until the end of the campaign, or at least until I get that statue to drop. It's the only way to be sure.

1 hour ago, Snicker1337 said:

How are we going to get the teshin statue, when there is no official warframe twich stream on Saturday and sunday on the schedule???

Its any stream that is playing Warframe during the time that the Teshin bust can drop, not just "official" streams.

Believe I was watching Mogamu or Frozenballz on each day and I've got all the drops.

On 2018-06-16 at 12:46 AM, Valiant said:

Wish you'd stop this twitch nonsense already. Yet another drop failure and now it's been reassigned to specific times? Greeeeaaat.

By and large I agree with you, at least the anti twitch sentiment, but it's free stuff. If you don't do it, you're no worse off. Pretend it never happened if you're so inclined. That being said, I don't like "exclusive" content only able to be had from it. Throw up twitch rewards, after it ends allow them to be bought off the market with platinum. Everyone wins. DE gets their advertisement (which is what this is all about), and / or they get increased plat sales.

On 2018-06-16 at 1:17 AM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Does this mean that we will get one or the other in one hour, and the other in the next hour? Or is it just a straight coin flip, and one could theoretically watch during the entire campaign and only get one of them?

The latter. Hour one get item one, hour two get item two.

On 2018-06-16 at 6:13 AM, Exact_Value said:

Do i still get rewards if the stream is running in the background and twitch says im away?
I'd like to play the game myself instead of having to watch someone else.

Yes.

On 2018-06-16 at 11:18 PM, Vitamin.Ex said:

This actually hurts streamers. I know people who stream on Youtube and Mixer and viewer count has dropped only because people are idling Twitch streams. It's a sloppy thing to do because it artificially inflates Twitch streams just for rewards while hurting streamers on other platforms.

This hurts some streamers. By its nature it helps twitch streamers; as far as the others, well, DE hasn't partnered up with youtube or mixer so from a certain perspective why should they care about that?

On 2018-06-16 at 10:25 AM, Raishin6 said:

Why u guys dont just give, the rewards to everybody and thats it? easy for everybody cause i got a pretty tight schedule too and i wanted my rewards i just cant go and watch streams at certain hours just to get the stuff that i wanted, i know it was a problem u guys fix it aas fast as u guys could, but common is not our fault either and i wanted that teshin estatue

You're asking why they don't just give free stuff. This is a partnered even to bring attention to both twitch and warframe; were DE to just give people stuff for no reason twitch would have no reason to partner with them. Consider it from a business perspective, which ultimately DE is. If I'm reading the time tables right, you have 24 hrs across multiple instances to get the items. If that still isn't able to be done with your schedule, consider leaving your computer on. Browser open, computer account locked so no one accesses it while you're gone, turn screen off, etc. Granted this isn't ideal, especially if you have limited data, but it is a solution.

Although I do agree that after a certain period of time , say after the twitch event rewards are no longer obtainable for "free" , offering them for sale in the market would assuage most foreseeable complaints.