The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst/reactor - Credit Version!

Fourdee

Lets make a Credit version of the Orokin Catalyst/Reactor!

A simple method to keep the free players happy whilst making the Platinum version still more powerfull.:

1. Create two new items called "Basic Orokin Catalyst/Reactor"

2. Make those item blueprints only purchasable using credits (100k if you must)

Now the clever bit DE, really clever!

3. Make the new "Basic" Orokin Catalyst/Reactor only provide HALF of what the Platinum version does. Eg: level 30 weapon would give 45 points

Now everyone is happy. Platinum version will still be the prefered choice, but, it will level the playing field. It will also give users who have 1mil+ credits something to buy.

A little compromise DE, it will ensure you keep your players.

Edited by Fourdee

While this makes some sense you got to remember that with the Auras ..... you pretty much end up getting a good amount of points to where you wouldn't really need a full version. Only folks that want to go all out max on everything would pay for the full version. Plus there is forma which also gives a few points.

I don't like it, if is the same as the current ones (60P) I'm ok with it no mater what price it is for credits, otherwise we are better without it, I reseted my account few days ago and I'm doing just fine as a newbie, there is too much bs about newbies can't do this, can't do that, witch is not true ...

It ain't happenin.

I love it how people have "liked" this more than the idea of something buyable with credits.

Honestly, if you "expect" something not to happen, it wont.

No wonder this game is over monetized, the community accepts it with open arms, lol.

Edited by Fourdee

I don't like it, if is the same as the current ones (60P) I'm ok with it no mater what price it is for credits, otherwise we are better without it, I reseted my account few days ago and I'm doing just fine as a newbie, there is too much bs about newbies can't do this, can't do that, witch is not true ...

The whole idea is to keep the 60p platinum version unique, keep people buying it.

This "basic" version will give 45p total, like a cheap version for credit users.

Its called Comprise, whilst, allowing DE to continue making money.

If your telling me your better off with 30p, instead of 45p, you need some help.

De doesn't hand out cash only items like candy. if you want it, you are going to work for it by checking twitter constantly through the dedicated app. On average, catalyst alerts occur about twice or three times a month but it is usually due to livestream alerts. I think that is plenty considering the time it takes to forma a weapon to make it perfect. If you truly want to make your weapon perfect, either buy it or be patient.

From a competitive standpoint, aside from slots, free players can EVENTUALLY be as competitive as a platinum spender but they will have to be diligent about the first 50 plat spent and must check alerts often.

For example, I have been playing for almost 3 months and I have 6-7 potatoed guns and 3 potatoed warframes... and did not use a single plat. However, I enjoy versatility in the game so I bought weapon slots to ensure that I can keep all the weapons I'd like to hold.

Edited by rangeless

I love it how people have "liked" this more than the idea of something buyable with credits.

Honestly, if you "expect" something not to happen, it wont.

No wonder this game is over monetized, the community accepts it with open arms, lol.

it wont happen, nope nope nope nope nope 

nopity nope nope nope nope mega nope

PD: we need a  -1 button or a slap button for these topics

Nor do I want it to.  They need to make their monies somehow.

You dont want something that will give you 15points extra?

You dont want something that will use up your 5million credits?

DE will still make money. If you actually read the OP, you would see the Platinum version would still be king.

Are you guys that blind and ignorant to a basic compromise?

Honestly, I brought Quake 3 for £20 and played it for 4 years online.

If i put £20 into Warframe, it would last me 2 days.

I just love the fact you guys "expect and promote" these costs, then, defend the game when someone makes a genuine suggestion to keep players.

"Warframe, here one minute, gone the next.", no doubt you guys will simply move onto the next monetized game in a week after your bored with this.

Edited by Fourdee