Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALOS

Sacrificial Pressure needs a buff

Recommended Posts

Or at the very least make it a V polarity so I can swap it with Primed PP easily when I need to kill sentients.

It does more damage against the rarest faction in the game, that doesn't sound fair in general.

Other than that I've been enjoying Umbra so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aleksi134 said:

Agree and so does many others.

I mean modding in general feels broken, but I assume they'll fix staple mods when damage 3.0 comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

When you say buff just how much stronger do you want it to be?

As strong as Primed PP when both mods fully ranked are together. I don't think it needs to be more powerful than that, the extra damage to sentients is enough to make it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-15 at 3:59 PM, DALOS said:

Or at the very least make it a V polarity so I can swap it with Primed PP easily when I need to kill sentients.

It does more damage against the rarest faction in the game, that doesn't sound fair in general.

Other than that I've been enjoying Umbra so far.

 

On 2018-06-15 at 5:55 PM, DALOS said:

As strong as Primed PP when both mods fully ranked are together. I don't think it needs to be more powerful than that, the extra damage to sentients is enough to make it better.


So... you're saying that, as it stands, it's a trade-off for use against a specific faction.
Like all of the other Smite effect melee mods, and to a degree, all elemental mods and combinations in the game.

Do you think that, maybe, this could actually be working as intended? Every mod is a tradeoff for every other mod that could be in that mod slot, just as every weapon or warframe is a trade-off for every other weapon or warframe, and that will still be the case even if damage 3.0/modding 2.0 comes out good.

Look, I'm sorry if you sold off your Excalibur after getting Umbra, or some similar situation, but he and his gear are pretty solidly in the position of anti-Sentient weaponry, as opposed to most other frames and weapons, which, I might add, also have their own soft specializations. If you're in the camp that believes that every mod and damage type should be just as effective against every enemy armor//health/shield combination, then I really don't know how to explain this to you in another way;

Harsh luck. Advanced rock-paper-scissors is a solid staple in RPGs, and you're not likely to change that. Sentients have fewer counters than other factions, and Umbra, with his kit, expands that niche. I'd argue that, beyond being predictable, this was necessary, as a lot of players dislike stepping out of their warframes.

On the other hand, Sentient enemies are going to be far more prevalent in the Tau system, which we stand a good chance of paying a visit soon, chasing after our dear Natah. We've been handed a powerful weapon for the battles ahead, so let's try to play the long game.
In the meantime, the Umbra quest will be replayable soon, so let's see if we can learn a few lessons playing Go with space stepdad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

 


So... you're saying that, as it stands, it's a trade-off for use against a specific faction.
Like all of the other Smite effect melee mods, and to a degree, all elemental mods and combinations in the game.

Do you think that, maybe, this could actually be working as intended? Every mod is a tradeoff for every other mod that could be in that mod slot, just as every weapon or warframe is a trade-off for every other weapon or warframe, and that will still be the case even if damage 3.0/modding 2.0 comes out good.

True, but the trade-off is about taking up mod space, and building towards a specific faction is as easy as switching from loadout A to B to C. I can choose to swap out Smite Corpus for Smite Grineer without it messing up my build because they both cost the same and take the same polarity. You can choose what mods to add, not with Umbra.

Warframe trade-offs are far more broad than faction specifics, and those that aren't are at least subtle about it. Have you ever seen a frame that has damage resistance to a certain enemy type? Or whos exulted weapon deals more damage against a specific faction? The only thing going for it there is the damage type, and in a lot cases enemies, even in the same faction, don't have the same weaknesses.

21 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

Look, I'm sorry if you sold off your Excalibur after getting Umbra, or some similar situation, but he and his gear are pretty solidly in the position of anti-Sentient weaponry, as opposed to most other frames and weapons, which, I might add, also have their own soft specializations. If you're in the camp that believes that every mod and damage type should be just as effective against every enemy armor//health/shield combination, then I really don't know how to explain this to you in another way;

Harsh luck. Advanced rock-paper-scissors is a solid staple in RPGs, and you're not likely to change that. Sentients have fewer counters than other factions, and Umbra, with his kit, expands that niche. I'd argue that, beyond being predictable, this was necessary, as a lot of players dislike stepping out of their warframes.

Never sold my excal, and like I said, frame specialization is never faction specific. Some are damage dealers, some are CC, some are tanks, some are healers, some are support, some have a little bit of everything.

21 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

On the other hand, Sentient enemies are going to be far more prevalent in the Tau system, which we stand a good chance of paying a visit soon, chasing after our dear Natah. We've been handed a powerful weapon for the battles ahead, so let's try to play the long game.

SoonTM, meaning 1.5-2 years from now. Also, by what do you mean "the long game"? That makes it sounds like you're saying that making Umbras blade as powerful as standard Excals blade (Only when both sacrificial mods are added) will somehow have negative repercussions.

All this mod does in increase damage against a faction that's still in the vast minority. Even when we do go to Tau, the sentients will still make up 1/5th of the total factions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 23 heures, WolvenEdge a dit :

So... you're saying that, as it stands, it's a trade-off for use against a specific faction.
Like all of the other Smite effect melee mods, and to a degree, all elemental mods and combinations in the game.

Do you think that, maybe, this could actually be working as intended?

Don't forget that the umbra intensity/fiber/vitality are all better than the basic ones, even for the same drain while the sacrificial mods are both worst. (And it's not as if you needed anything extra on an EB to wreck any normal sentient anyway...)

 

My guess is that the stats for these mods where calculated for a 3-part set but the 3rd melee mod got scrapped shortly before launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

Don't forget that the umbra intensity/fiber/vitality are all better than the basic ones, even for the same drain while the sacrificial mods are both worst. (And it's not as if you needed anything extra on an EB to wreck any normal sentient anyway...)

 

My guess is that the stats for these mods where calculated for a 3-part set but the 3rd melee mod got scrapped shortly before launch.

I could buy that. I remember when Shotgun Amp wasn't in the game but people found it through transmutation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, it needs a big buff.

at the VERY least, it should be as powerful as the UNPRIMED pressure point, when not linked. i mean seriously, at max rank its 16 drain and +110 damage, wheres the unprimed pressure point is 120 for 9 drain...

and if you want to replace it for primed pressure point you have to ether 1. gimp your build by putting a mod in the umbra polarity, or 2. get rid of the umbra polarity which you cant get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree for the amount of Endo, it being a Prime Mod, and it having 16 drain it should be more powerful than a basic Pressure Point when by itself. At max alone it's 110% vs regular Pressure Point at max being 120%... that makes no sense how you slice it.

I think it should be superior to Primed Pressure Point when maxed and paired with Sacrificial Steel. At max by itself I believe 150% by itself is good enough. With both mods the total damage would be 187.5%. That is 22.5% damage boost when compared to a maxed Primed Pressure Point which is fair since to achieve that one needs to max out the two Mods which is a huge sink of Endo and polarity drain. 

The Warframe Mods are equivalent or superior out of the box compared to the respective mods before giving the multiplier for Health, Armor, and Strength. So what would be wrong or a big deal to give equivalent to the damage mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were many many years where we didn't have Primed Pressure point. We never complain until it came out and it got classified as a "staple" mod. But when linked with Sacrificial Steel, Sacrificial Pressure Point isn't that much worse. You all lived with normal Pressure Point for years and didn't raise a fit. It doesn't matter much anyways when you can just ramp damage with Blood Rush and Condition Overload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehhh.

Right now it works nicely in that it is only BiS if the weapon is Crit-based (and only marginally so). Buff up SP further and it will bring back a crit-meta.

If others are right, and it was originally supposed to be a 3/3 set combination, what we'll likely end up seeing is Sacrificial steel getting a slight base stat nerf, with all the others getting a buff from the 3/3 bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Sacrificial Pressure needs a max value that is slightly lesss than Primed Pressure Point but higher than regular Pressure Point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i get that scott didn't want to release ppp but sheldon did release it and it's been a staple mod in all our builds if we could slot it in, so a new mod comes out that has a unique unformable polarity that also cost 40k endo and 2 mil credits to max.

it should be more powerful than ppp when paired with the other sacrificial mod (maxed) because we already forcing ourselves to an specific build if we want to slot these in (just like with umbral mods), if not why bother even ranking these up if they were for 1 weapon and 1 warframe exalted weapon? i know i didn't ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters those umbral mods are like variations of the prime mods. Maybe a Sacrificial Fury could be made and linked with the pressure to make it 165? But either way it would be nice to have it 165 like the prime. And the only thing “superior” about it would be the sentient damage. Otherwise it is equal to a prime but only against a specific enemy. Only option I see is either deal with it or have a different config. But umbra is definitely a sentient killer. Even stalker stands no chance. The hunter has become the hunted. So I accept the minor decrease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

For starters those umbral mods are like variations of the prime mods. Maybe a Sacrificial Fury could be made and linked with the pressure to make it 165? But either way it would be nice to have it 165 like the prime. And the only thing “superior” about it would be the sentient damage. Otherwise it is equal to a prime but only against a specific enemy. Only option I see is either deal with it or have a different config. But umbra is definitely a sentient killer. Even stalker stands no chance. The hunter has become the hunted. So I accept the minor decrease. 

Stalker dies to everything regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-17 at 12:25 PM, WolvenEdge said:

 

 

On the other hand, Sentient enemies are going to be far more prevalent in the Tau system, which we stand a good chance of paying a visit soon, chasing after our dear Natah. We've been handed a powerful weapon for the battles ahead, so let's try to play the long game.
In the meantime, the Umbra quest will be replayable soon, so let's see if we can learn a few lessons playing Go with space stepdad.

We aren't going to Tau anytime soon my guy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know just boost it so it's at least better than normal Pressure Point at rank 10

Like just make it 130% by itself at rank 10 or something. Surely it's not gamebreaking or anything because god forbid people who can't afford Primed Pressure Point to have something nice, and I am already shooting myself in the foot by equipping the other Sacrificial Mod on a non-crit weapon to maximize the bonus. (Skiajati and Umbral Exalted Blade)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree. I love the exclusive polarity and coupled with sacrificial steel its only behind p pressure by a small amount. 

This is also the only mod that gives a sentient dmg buff to date and the only dual mod to boot. 

Ive added this mod into many of my builds... Just takes forma and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its only bad because we dont battle tau on a regular basis atm you have to keep in mind that the tau bonus dmg is applied after all the dmg mods just like the faction specific once
its not like the normal dmg mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on giving the damage bonus a slight buff, not sure if i’d agree on making it the exact amount as a maxed pressure point. Simply because Prime and Umbra are not the same. 

But I mostly want to see a slight increase on the damage bonus because of the Umbra Polarity and the fact that you cannot forma for it. I disagree that the polarity on it should just be changed, that’s not really a great way to look at it. Then it does nothing in the long run. and honestly how long does it take for someone who is really wanting their builds maxed to rank 30 weapons and frames a few times again? I know it sure as hell doesn’t take me very long, just a few spy missions ran on Kappa with a booster and getting the mission affinity bonus each time equals about 20 minutes or so, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...