Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the Sacrifice Update coming to consoles?

5 minutes ago, Am0rph15 said:

A YouTube channel I follow reported on research findings not too long ago that included bugs. The conclusion: while bugs are not a good thing, the majority of players see them as way less bad than poor gameplay and are more likely to dump a title for poor gameplay than for bugs, tolerating titles that have good gameplay even if they have some defects. I guess the proof is Bethesda games...

Well the case with Bethesda is more extreme since their games tend to have gamebreaking bugs, can't grasp my head around as to how anyone is supporting them with all of that when they don't even put effort into fixing stuff until the community forces them.

4 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I know how it works.

For whatever reason it decided to stop working. No matter where my cursor was the R1 and L1 for changing config didn't enable and R1 and L1 would only change the mod pages.

I've had L1 and R1 not work in numerous windows but you can generally get round it by using the cursor to click whatever page you want. But here, in the Warframe screen, when I clicked on the config the cursor would jump position on the screen to the top and nothing would happen. I ended up getting around it just by hammering X a lot.

Only happened once so far. No idea what steps I did to cause it. But it's hiding in there and for that reason ain't gonna be easy to fix.

Weird. Honestly man, I have not had any bugs with the UI yet. I had a brief period of  learning it then no issues. Guess I'm lucky. But I also use to play MMORPGs so maybe my old instincts kicked in.

16 minutes ago, Am0rph15 said:

A YouTube channel I follow reported on research findings not too long ago that included bugs. The conclusion: while bugs are not a good thing, the majority of players see them as way less bad than poor gameplay and are more likely to dump a title for poor gameplay than for bugs, tolerating titles that have good gameplay even if they have some defects. I guess the proof is Bethesda games...

I'm not going to argue with the results of the survey. But I would wager that the amount of hype behind a game or its releases would dictate how willing the fan bases to deal with bugs. As progression stopping bugs tend to really eat gamers.

Look at Elder Scrolls Online it almost completely tanked thanks to all the bugs it had upon release I guess the same could probably be said for Ark survival but that game is still around and kicking.

Makes me wonder; how bad the backlash from the console community would be if we too experienced the bugs that PC experience on a regular basis.

Just look at the vitriol the Cursor update stirred up. We essentially had Virtual Rioting in the streets.

Only time will tell.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well the case with Bethesda is more extreme since their games tend to have gamebreaking bugs, can't grasp my head around as to how anyone is supporting them with all of that when they don't even put effort into fixing stuff until the community forces them.

Fixing bugs? Ha! That's what Modders are for..!

22 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

I just really hope they get this one out soon, I've already had some things spoiled and I'm getting pissed cause I wanted this to be the first time I don't just immediately go watch a video for it to find out about it. But of course people are awful and post threads with spoilers right in the title or have no spoiler tags and ruin it for everyone. 

Funny. I'm in the same exact situation as you. I've always watched the quest on YouTube  when they came out but I decided to wait this time. The spoilers are everywhere tho and it's annoying. Having to avoid all the platforms you love is frustrating, and we're gonna have to wait a few more weeks till this whole things is over. : /

On 2018-06-19 at 10:39 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Long update times but overall polished & mostly flawless content drops.

Or...

Short update times but with bugs, & half polished content drops.

Or...

Make pc updates polished and released in the same moment with consoles. So all have the same stuff in the same time, and less bugs for pc. No more spoilers and disparity.

I'm a PS4 user, but if i was on pc, i wouldn't be happy to be a beta tester.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Or...

Make pc updates polished and released in the same moment with consoles. So all have the same stuff in the same time, and less bugs for pc. No more spoilers and disparity.

I'm a PS4 user, but if i was on pc, i wouldn't be happy to be a beta tester.

I agree. The PC Updates should be polished. The PC community isn't happy being testers either however.
But to be fair you're asking a very small developer to catch nearly every Bug before release as if they are a AAA developer. Which...just isn't feasible or realistic.

Many bugs simply cannot be caught in controlled test environments. They typically catch the big bugs, but the small ones slip through the cracks. DE just doesn't have the money or manpower to do so.
(To be blunt though, if DE stopped wasting money on yearly Tennocons, near daily platinum/Prime Access giveaways, as well as seasonal charity events they probably would have the money to spare but...do we really wanna go there?)

I use to play FF14 religiously & before the Heavensward expansion. Bugs use to slip through semi-often & SE is a AAA Developer, but after Heavensward (they had a bigger budgets & thus more testers) the game patches were near flawless.
But Square also hosts their own servers so their updates never went to Cert. So they could update whenever, & as much as they want.
DE would need a stable monetization model to do this though. FF14 was a subscription based so Square could afford to have large/massive scale bug tests, as well as their own servers.
So this won't happen ever.

For a small studio to make ever patch nigh flawless would take much longer than folks would be willing to wait. Hell, this thread has a good number of posts of Console players folks saying, "Just push through the buggy patches. We want to play the content now. We'll live with the bugs."

DE can't win.

On June 20, 2018 at 8:25 AM, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

I've only had that happen to me once in fallout 3, sense that I haven't had a problem with their games and I play them on pc

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

You aren't missing much.

The quest itself was actually pretty nice, but I'll agree that it's a bit lacking in terms of content.

It didn't bring a new tileset or mechanic like TSD/TWW did.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)renatomiau said:

DE should launch the updates all same time, I don't mind if there a lot of glitches. I only want a Spoiler-free experience. ;-;

They can't. Sony/Microsoft require a certification process to make sure there isn't any bug that'll like, brick someone's console.

25 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

You aren't missing much.

Wish people like you weren't spreading their dissatisfaction about the quest in every The Sacrifice / Umbra related threads possible :(

I mean , don't you feel bad for ruining someone else's hype ?

2 minutes ago, pkkshadow said:

I'm excited for you lot on consoles. It's a decent story quest that'll give you some cool stuff! 😄

That's the spirit. :)

2 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Wish people like you weren't spreading their dissatisfaction about the quest in every The Sacrifice / Umbra related threads possible 😞

I mean , don't you feel bad for ruining someone else's hype ?

That's the spirit. 🙂

It's okay. I wish people like me were never born. But to answer your question, no, I don't feel bad, as I'm probably not ruining anyone's hype at all. Just expressing my dissatisfaction in relevant threads.

3 hours ago, (PS4)renatomiau said:

DE should launch the updates all same time, I don't mind if there a lot of glitches. I only want a Spoiler-free experience. ;-;

3 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Agreed. evidently, others don't quite understand the concept of replying spoiler-free

They can't.