Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Based Warframe

Moms_Credit_Card

An interesting idea for a warframe i've had recently: a warframe that is entirely centered around the operator. 

As it stands, operators feel kind of useless for the most part, I thought it would be interesting to play as them and actually be able to wield melee weapons with them and actually fight outside of just shooting your void beam, so what if there was a warframe that had an ability to do that? I'm not entirely sure what the abilities would be specifically, but a general idea is a warframe that allows you to fight as your operator, perhaps the whole warframe itself can be the operator with a small see-through enhancement suit equipped that allows them to move the way warframes do. Not too sure on the specifics, but I think the idea of operators being more useful and warframe that utilizes them more would be really cool.

3 minutes ago, Tzar_lolk said:

operators feel kind of useless for the most part

Have you got a decent Amp (not Mote), and got Arcanes on the Operator?

- Mine can survive reasonably well in Sorties.

DE could just buff Amps (or provide new, better ones) and give us an "Amp Melee". That would be sufficient I feel. And they do not need to fluff around with a new frame and quests.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Have you got a decent Amp (not Mote), and got Arcanes on the Operator?

- Mine can survive reasonably well in Sorties.

DE could just buff Amps (or provide new, better ones) and give us an "Amp Melee". That would be sufficient I feel. And they do not need to fluff around with a new frame and quests.

Yea except fighting as an operator is the most boring thing ever. Theres no melee, using void dash doesn't feel the same as moving with your warframe, I think it would be cooler to make an operator-based warframe that moves like any regular warframe would, playing with your operator right now feels boring and clunky, thats why no one does it.

21 minutes ago, Tzar_lolk said:

Theres no melee, using void dash doesn't feel the same as moving with your warframe

My suggestion was more along the lines of: implement these changes for operators.

We do not need a frame for it. What is the point in having the operator if you can replace them with a frame? To me, it makes more sense to just improve the operator.