Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS drops in missions after 23.0.2 + 23.0.2.1

antibueno42

I am having FPS issues. I have 60 fps in the dojo, on the Liset, in relays but once I join a mission, my fps drops from 55ish to less than 40 over a few seconds and stays there until I return to the Liset. The issue persists regardless of graphic settings (resolution and quality settings do nothing). I tried updating my computer and graphic drivers to no effect. The issue is not present when playing solo but when hosting or joining a mission with other people it is shows up. These issues were not present before this update. 

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 Ti 
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home version 1803
Geforce Game Ready Driver Version 398.11

Edit: After further testing I found the FPS does not go lower than 30.

Edit pt2: Transitioning from the plains to cetus while in a squad (and therefore seeing the fps issue) results in the fps slowly rising back up to 45-50 over the course of 10-20 seconds.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Everyone please try setting v-sync to off and set fps to 60. See if that works. It worked for me but might be a fluke

Edited by antibueno42

I have exactly the same problem, but to me, it started right after The Sacrifice

I first noticed the ''stutters'' when I was doing the cinematic quest, I never really had a problem, Im getting stutters every second, FPS going crazy between 40-60 like it's not ''flowing'' well

Were there some big display enhancement changes / graphic updates with 23.0 update? Something that is causing this?

Same here, before the update I had steady 144 FPS, now I get as low as 30 sometimes. GPU load correspondingly tanks in those cases too, so there lies the issue.

i7-6700k

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX980

Newest Driver and Running on Win10 1803

And no, it's not my PC, which is running totally fine on any other game, so pls save your efforts and don't post any pseudo constructive bullS#&$ like Windows game mode or switching off energy saving mode in the driver menu...

Edited by Pr0pagandhi

Happening to a lot of people. Started after one of the particle update patches, but DE is saying that it's one of the Windows updates. I followed all of their suggestions and nothing worked. I sent in my EE logs as they requested but have yet to see anything in response. This is the only game having problems, and I'm not going to roll back updates containing important patches just for WF.

I hope they figure it out soon.

4 hours ago, Pr0pagandhi said:

So turning down particle effects might help then? I'll give it a try and see if it does anything

Changing particles did nothing. I turned all settings to minimum or off and set my resolution to 800x600 and still got 30 fps. The only setting that worked was turning v-sync off and setting the fps to 60