Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMMUNITY REQUEST: I'm looking to gather a mass of current opinions on the Founder's Program for a pending post write-up.

DomoSapien

23 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Personally, I think it's kinda skeevy and dishonest. It's not the kind of thing I expected DE to pull when I backed them, and I guess if I'd known they'd do it, I wouldn't have.

In all fairness you even didn't know if the game would become a success either, the founder's program was a helluva gamble and the money you doled out could've been all for naught, but thanks to your support we all have this game we all deeply care about. I guess that's the difference here though that I wouldn't of had any regrets now if I bought a founder's pack. I'd agree with your skeevy and dishonest comment if Umbra Excalibur came into Warframe just as, no lore, no quest just a straight FU to the founders, but it hasn't. Consideration had been made or we'd of ended up with situation such as.

Thing is just bc you've spend money on Excalibur Prime, doesn't allow you to dicate what can and can't be done with Excalibur either. It is still DE's property for them to do with as they see fit, and they haven't breached your agreement either doing so. Yes, you could argue but people argue the earth is flat.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase
can't spell today!

I think that Excalibur Umbra should not create such a strong debate between the founders and the others, in all the games in which there was a founder pack, all the equipment was unique but not the most powerful, at best they became purely cosmetic because they were as effective as their equivalent.

I always consider Excalibur Prime as a unique skin, to show others that the founders have supported this game at a crucial moment.

I think that the founder pack should be just a symbol that the founders will use to put in evidence their pride in having supported DE, or just show their Excalibur with its beautiful void key in the face.

(I'm not a founder, because at the time, I did not have the resources to allow me to support people I did not know (->DE), which makes me a little sad about not having Excalibur Prime on my old Pc account, instead, I support them now by buying Prime Access without waiting for a unique thing in return)

(Sorry for my English, I'm French )   (^w^)

Edited by (PS4)BlackStormFr

11 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

He's a founder himself so I highly doubt it.  He was asking opinions on the program and how its impacted the game.  

He’s a “Master” founder who wants Lato prime... he has something to gain from the program. 

I’m against bringing back founder items forever and this thread is just another attempt at demanding it to come back. It should never be brought back.

I’m glad DE is keeping to their word as they should and this thread should be locked.

8 minutes ago, LordChronos said:

He’s a “Master” founder who wants Lato prime... he has something to gain from the program. 

I’m against bringing back founder items forever and this thread is just another attempt at demanding it to come back. It should never be brought back.

I’m glad DE is keeping to their word as they should and this thread should be locked.

He didn't mention the lato prime once in this thread so I can't speak to what he wants.  He never declared that here.  By the way I'm against it too - but I'm pretty sure that's not what he was looking for in this thread.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

He didn't mention the lato prime once in this thread so I can't speak to what he wants.  He never declared that here.  By the way I'm against it too - but I'm pretty sure that's not what he was looking for in this thread.  

The founders program has been closed and has been beaten to death. The only reason I can see the OP bringing it up is that he has something to gain from it and that’s Lato prime which he himself does NOT have.

He missed out and needs to accept that he won’t ever be getting Lato prime. These threads are non-constructive and leads to nothing good especially knowing beforehand that DE has already stated literally hundreds of times the program won’t come back. So, this thread is nothing but a bait thread.

To me half the people wanting the founder items are collectionest. people who have and i mean HAVE to 100% a game . some are because they want to be entitled. others just because of fashion frame. I say just leave the founder items alone or sell skins of them.

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

To me half the people wanting the founder items are collectionest. people who have and i mean HAVE to 100% a game . some are because they want to be entitled. others just because of fashion frame. I say just leave the founder items alone or sell skins of them.

I expect DE shall keep to their promise of keeping it exclusive as that was a term of their sale. Selling skins will break that promise.  

It’s already been stated many many many times that it will not return in any way, shape or form. 

I’m sure as a founder, the OP knows this and still, he’s made this thread. I can already tel his true motivation. He plans on gathering information so he can make a follow-up thread because he’s missing Lato Prime.

17 minutes ago, LordChronos said:

I expect DE shall keep to their promise of keeping it exclusive as that was a term of their sale. Selling skins will break that promise.  

It’s already been stated many many many times that it will not return in any way, shape or form. 

I’m sure as a founder, the OP knows this and still, he’s made this thread. I can already tel his true motivation. He plans on gathering information so he can make a follow-up thread because he’s missing Lato Prime.

So what if he wants the lato prime he has the right to make any thread he wants no matter his motives, and you have the right to come on here and act elite. And you can say that DE said this and said that till your blue in the face Grand nothing. But lets be clear we all know xcal prime will be back 

1 hour ago, LordChronos said:

The only reason I can see the OP bringing it up is that he has something to gain from it and that’s Lato prime which he himself does NOT have.

Well maybe that's true and maybe it's not.  I think it's only fair for him to be allowed to make that declaration himself.  I don't think you'd appreciate somebody speaking on your behalf.  

52 minutes ago, (PS4)mrjcthe1st said:

So what if he wants the lato prime he has the right to make any thread he wants no matter his motives, and you have the right to come on here and act elite. And you can say that DE said this and said that till your blue in the face Grand nothing. But lets be clear we all know xcal prime will be back 

I’m not acting elitist. How am I acting elitist? Founders are automatically seen as elitist to some people for no reason. I’m just pointing out that this thread is a bait thread and what OP’s true motives are despite knowing what DE’s stance is on the topic. 

You can say Excalibur prime and all founders gear/sigil will come back until you are blue in the face but let’s be clear about one thing. We all know Excalibur prime and all founders items including founders sigil won’t be coming back and DE/moderator will close this thread after stating exactly THAT.... for the hundredth something time.

edit: wording, and added founders gears and sigils etc

Edited by LordChronos
Wording

32 minutes ago, LordChronos said:

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

(Responding to your posts collectively. Pardon the snips.)

What my motives are with this post will become clear when it's posted. However, what I will reveal is this: The same way I'm attempting to make as level, equal, and friendly of a playing field as so far depicted in THIS thread, I simply have ideas how to bring that to everyone else.

At the end of the day, ideas are just that: Ideas. They're not necessarily always grounded in reality or plausibility.

The post will be multi-faceted and yes, will include a portion regarding the Founder's Program and it's impact as an event that occurred and how the stipulations of it's availability have had a staggering effect on the community. However, were I simply to make a post about the Founder's Program; well, I think we can all agree that it would probably just be a waste of everyone else's time.

While I am asking for opinion's directly related the Founder's Program, I've received significant information regarding things beyond the Founder's Program (no, not Umbra), and that is where the meat of my post will be and what these opinions have been assisting greatly in.

To give a tangible number, there will be 4 topics. Obviously one of them is going to be the Founder's Program. But as you've said, we all know about that already. Now that's not to say that we won't revisit it, but overall, I'm simply using the platform of the Founder's Program to provide a basis for the other three topics. All three of those which I'm not ready to reveal yet because they themselves are not fully fleshed out; one of them so completely in it's infancy, it may take a good month or two to come to fruition on it's OWN merits.

Now, while I've (somehow) managed to prevent myself from committing to discussion regarding the opinions themselves, there's not much more I can reveal beyond that without breaking my own rule that I set for everyone else and succumbing to my desire to respond to everyone else because I love discussion. I'm making this response to you directly because I understand the doubt, and it's warranted and I encourage it.

So with that, I'll tell you this: I have a pretty strong and confident feeling that you (specifically, not the thread collectively) won't be surprised by a portion of what you read. That, I can't help. However, I also feel that you may come away intrigued by the rest because you weren't expecting it.

Thank you for your input.

EDIT: Nutty grammar errors. Shift is almost over. Thank God.

Edited by DomoSapien

I saw a few that said replacing an exclusive with another exclusive isn't a solution and felt that it was directed in part at me.

So let me clarify what I said and what many others mean by replace one exclusive with another.

I said a couple of pages back that founder's gear should have been cosmetic (having an armor set + syandana representing your founders rank) so that they can show their status while still being able use whatever warframe and weapons they wanted. I even said that I would like for them to get these cosmetics even if they kept excalibur, skana and lato prime exclusivity. But if they did get these cosmetics then the original founder's gear would have to be released to the general public.

Now let me clarify something for what most founders that have spoken about excalibur prime's exclusivity (they never mention the weapons funny enough) don't get. People (me included) don't want to get the founder's gear because it is exclusive to founders, they want it because they are a fully fledge warframe and weapons, not to mention primes! Now if prime gear wasn't a big deal and only excalibur, skana and lato prime were the only primed gear, then it would not be so much of a big deal, and if they were just skins (and not essentially skins like so many like to point out) that you can put on the respective item, then there would be no problem, AT ALL. This is why people want them.

I don't care about having the founders' gear, even if I do want them but I can't I have accepted that and now that Umbra is out, that small envy is pretty much gone. But since it's the founders that are whining now (not all founders, I know) it's just putting oil on the fire. Either find a middle ground between both parties or shut up. I gave my 2 cents and have nothing else to say about it.

EDIT : I got a bit agitated near the end and I apologise, but my stance still stands and will not edit it to something with a bit more tact.

Edited by Albalrogue
Hindsight reading

I feel that at the time of its creation, it was a good way to sort of crowdfund the game. However, at present time, I feel that the exclusivity of Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime are no longer a good thing. The justification for it gets thinner every new update. People claim there's a contract and can't prove its existence, people claim it's false advertising despite the Statute of Limitations for it having passed even in the UK, people claim they spent money on it despite not having close to a monopoly on spending, people say it's a trophy and thus unimportant, and yet it has tangible game benefits for mastery. It keeps going on like this. The program and its exclusivity have outlived its purpose, the title and decoration it provides plus being listed in all relays is frankly notable enough.

One word summary: Outdated.

Pointing out again that some of the posts have such a negative view of founders in general. The second they see a post with them they are instantly tense and up in arms. That's the resentment I was talking about.

As far as the conversation seems to be going about bringing back a founders pack, yea that's a big NO from me and the other founders I communicate with. We helped FOUND the game. 5 years in and a giant player base later, it would not be and could not be considered a Founder Pack. It would just be a pack, which would not sit well with a decent chunk of the player base I think. As someone else put it in the thread, the money back then held a lot more value to the company as a whole, given how few people actually paid up for it. Nowadays, it's not needed or necessary to be accessed now (the Founder pack that is). However, SOME people are forgetting the fact that Founders still play to this day and spend money on the game as well. It's not like we bought the Founders pack and nothing else ever.

Thank god DE has dug their heels in and has remained adamant on NOT giving them out again. I hope it stays that way. As much as I would LOVE to get a higher Founder rank now that I have income, I absolutely would never expect or demand such an option.

As for the MR difference. Yea, I would be okay with giving players the MR that can't be achieved from exclusive items. I was surprised when I found out it wasn't actually. With Excal Umbra being pretty much the same thing as Prime, and the MR not being an issue (if they change it), I don't see there being any "unfairness" about any of it. 

Edited by Vitrescence

2 hours ago, ZackOak said:

People claim there's a contract and can't prove its existence

DE have stated as much in a few interviews. Rebecca has confirm this on at least one occasion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzU4D3Qir0

Additionally, there is a written statement here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=580920095300846&set=a.400986439960880.92358.348360875223437&type=1&theater

in which they specifically say that the items will not be available again

https://gyazo.com/ad1df7c970052844c4cd08e5c474026f

Screenshot of the text.

Comments on the founders pack by DE:

https://youtu.be/NA5vT1LooXk?t=340

Edited by Lockheed

12 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

Quick question : ehywhy was this moved to off-topic? 

I was wondering the same thing. My initial guess is perhaps because I was moderating discussion or discouraging it to keep on topic despite that it still happened.

I haven't received a notification or anything about the move. I only learned about it last night when I noticed the posts and reply posts suddenly hit the brakes.

EDIT: In any case, I'll will continue to visit it until it eventually gets archived if it takes that long. I've personally archived every response as well in the even that it gets deleted. It'd be a shameful waste community opinion.

Edited by DomoSapien

11 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

That's a shame because the discussion is on topic and the intentions behind it are good.

I more or less wanted to suppress discussion for 2 reasons

1. I've seen far too many productive threads on public opinion get locked because people ended up getting nasty with each other. I don't want that to happen to this post. I want this post to remain as a repository for people to read as well for people to provide.

2. The write-up that is pending is where I intended the full discussion to take place. As it stands, the write up isn't ready, and if people got all of their discussion points out here, they may not be willing to return because of burn out and therefore, would miss the point of why I'm doing this.

The topic of the Founder's program is admittedly one that's been revived consistently. As it stands, I never really got to get my opinon about the subject out, but at the end of the day, my opinion would've just joined along with all the other threads that have been made.

Not to say that previous efforts of conversation on the subject were in vein or weren't productive, I feel they weren't as productive as they could've been. People provided ideas and opinions that ultimately ended up as loose ends. I often find myself with too much time on my hand and passion for things that people think is silly. Warframe is one of those things and I'd like to try and do something slightly different than others.

I apologize if I disappointed you with my moderation of discussion. I meant no ill-will with it. I simply acted in a way I thought would be beneficial for those who often remain silent when rocks start flying.

Edited by DomoSapien
Whole bunch of grammar stuff. Wow.

21 minutes ago, DomoSapien said:

I more or less wanted to suppress discussion for 2 reasons

1. I've seen far too many productive threads on public opinion get locked because people ended up getting nasty with each other. I don't want that to happen to this post. I want this post to remain as a repository for people to read as well for people to provide.

2. The write-up that is pending is where I intended the full discussion to take place. As it stands, the write up isn't ready, and if people got all of their discussion points out here, they may not be willing to return because of burn out and therefore, would miss the point of why I'm doing this.

The topic of the Founder's program is admittedly one that's been revived consistently. As it stands, I never really got to get my opinon about the subject out, but at the end of the day, my opinion would've just joined along with all the other threads that have been made.

Not to say that previous efforts of conversation on the subject were in vein or weren't productive, I feel they weren't as productive as they could've been. People provided ideas and opinions that ultimately ended up as loose ends. I often find myself with too much time on my hand and passion for things that people think is silly. Warframe is one of those things and I'd like to try and do something slightly different than others.

I apologize if I disappointed you with my moderation of discussion. I meant no ill-will with it. I simply acted in a way I thought would be beneficial for those who often remain silent when rocks start flying.

I understand completely. I also have a burning passion for this game, more than I should really. I've been here since U14 and have watched it bloom into something marvellous. But the fact that this topic is so divisive and both sides ending up frustrated beyond belief is a real shame and being neutral is just as hard since you always get put in one of the sides. In any case I appreciate that you create this topic in good intent and am looking forward on reading your write-up. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

I understand completely. I also have a burning passion for this game, more than I should really. I've been here since U14 and have watched it bloom into something marvellous. But the fact that this topic is so divisive and both sides ending up frustrated beyond belief is a real shame and being neutral is just as hard since you always get put in one of the sides. In any case I appreciate that you create this topic in good intent and am looking forward on reading your write-up. 🙂

Well, I just want to be clear that neutral opinions are welcome here. In fact, I'd say the neutral opinions are the ones I'm missing the most of and need to most. Despite a neutral opinion being just that, a majority of them still differ. Your opinion is welcome, and come the write up, I look forward to your input in the grand discussion.

I don't really have a problem with the founders pack and everything around.I was around when it set on the table and I didn't do a thing, I didn't get it. (Before this game I didn't spend a dime in digital currency nor content)
No big deal there for me. AND IMHO neither should those who weren't around, nor did have the chance to bud in, nor were too late
I think people should see this from both the perspective of what if this game wasn't the success it now is. Where would you be now and where would they be. If this game wasn't the hype that it is now, would you have known of it or even be still playing it?

Back then Warframe was a gigantic financial gamble, loved it from the moment I played and I am glad that those who did and could support the game in its original form.

What I don't agree with is this one thing on the side of DE. They are trying to leverage their earlier made promises by offering something else to all of those who didn't and couldn't. Example? Excalibur Prime undisclosed stats rise because of a similar apple being introduced in to the game. But I what I do wonder is, what they are going to do with the Asian Version since Umbra was their Excalibur P ...

22 hours ago, Albalrogue said:

I said a couple of pages back that founder's gear should have been cosmetic (having an armor set + syandana representing your founders rank) so that they can show their status while still being able use whatever warframe and weapons they wanted. I even said that I would like for them to get these cosmetics even if they kept excalibur, skana and lato prime exclusivity. 

Different times, different ideas about digital content. 

Back then the idea was that you money should have an equal value or return. Fashion *state_your_game_here* weren't a big deal, nor in minds worth the money. 
There were thousands of MMO's out there that had fashion items and dyes for free. And not in a limited / paywall capacity as now. Also it wasn't normal for a free game to ask money for in game items. There were some that did, but they never promised small things such as decorative items. Only functional / bonuses / Above status for 'members and financial supporters' / exclusivity in terms of areas and other bonuses as mentioned.

A different approach was needed to reach this support. 

Edited by ChaellExE
something was bothering me