Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morality

I wacthed some videos of the new sacrifice quest since I don't mind spoilers and I want to know what is coming to consoles so I can make preperations if necessary. I was under the impression that we were going to be given a choice that would effect the ending and maybe even the gameplay in some shape or form. Although it seems that wasn't the case.

So are these dialogue options just for show or I am overlooking something?

The morality choices you've made actually do start having an effect after Sacrifice. It affects dialogue both with Ballas (based on what you immediately chose), and with someone else later on (based on your overall morality).

My understanding is that the Sun is rejection of the void, and Moon is embracing the void. Which is why Sun morality is more aggressive to the void-loving orokin executor, but throws away the vial of maybe possibly blood of a thousand tortured children.

I'm sticking to the middle road. They seem like more healthier choices (Acceptance, Moving past it, acknowledging that conflict with ballas was only ever going to end one way but not getting excited or wrathful over it) and since the 'tenno cause' (as far as I understand it) is to maintain balance between the factions to allow a modicum of peace for those outside of grineer/corpus influence, I don't see the void as any different. 

Until this quest, all of the Moon choices were the more aggressive and violent which is why it was really odd for it to be reversed. Like in the War Within, the Moon choices are things like hunting the adults like animals, embracing your powers and such.

Then in the Sacrifice, it's about accepting being Empty and just saying you broke the cycle? Compared to embodying Wrath and telling Ballas to squirm like a maggot.. Just really weird decisions and a certain U-Turn in direction almost. I went with Moon choices because I liked the idea of my space kid being some twisted being of the void slowly becoming more corrupted and stuff lol.