Umbra Polarity is bad. [making it universal]

IfritKajiTora

With new Quest and Umbra Warframe we got Umbra polarity, three in Umbra Excalibur and two in new Katana, to that we got 2 sets of mod for these polarities.

Excalibur Umbra have very good mods for that polarity, but I found that Katana Umbra mods are useless and here is why:
1.We got Primed Pressure Point long time ago so it is just a weaker version. +% damage to sentients isn't something cool because they are rare anyway (Only moon and some quests).
2. It's bad when you want to make non critical build (Excalibur Umbra uses Chromatic blade and I don't need critical chance in exalted umbra weapon).

So if I don't want to use these mods, I'm stuck with polarities that will make mods cost more capacity.
In the Warframe or weapon you can't put Umbra Polarity so I'm afraid that if I change the polarity and new Umbra will come with new set of mods that I would like to use, the weapon will be in bad situtation because maxed Umbra mods take 16 capacity.

So how to make it good?
1.Make Umbra polarities not be able to remove or change them.
2.Umbra polarities should be universal, so make less capacity for all kind of mods. (Or at least make them neutral, so all kind of polarity mods can be put there without extra capacity cost, and make them lower capacity cost only for Umbra mods).

2 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

+% damage to sentients isn't something cool because they are rare anyway (Only moon and some quests).

Think about the future. I'm very certain these will be way more relevant in the upcoming Tau system.

The entire point of Umbra, which I have told folks time and time again, is that they are Limiting to your Build. They have a path they wanna walk down, and all we can do is deal with it and adapt to and around that path (even if the in-game content for it is mostly non-existent at this time).

More or less, it makes you have to choose between an Umbra, or a Regular/Prime. This is the downside of an Umbra item, and I don't think DE's keen on taking that uniqueness away. (Because if they did, then the Excal Umbra would just be a flat Upgrade to the Prime version, and that would upset the Founders, or something)

The sacrifice ! 

BTW, we have more than 20 warframes, they just made this one specific to fight against sentient, wich are obviously going to swarm everywhere soonTM

so i heard if you change the umbra polarities you can never change them back is this true?? and what is an umbra good for fighting sentients they are the worst and most boring enemies to fight. honestly Nox is the best thing added to the game in a while

and what if they do have sentient events and expand the content everyone will show up with an 4x excal umbra squad wow how creative or are we suppose to wait another 4-6 years before our favorite frames gets an umbra, or what about the weapons??

On 2018-06-16 at 10:10 AM, IceColdHawk said:

Think about the future. I'm very certain these will be way more relevant in the upcoming Tau system.

If that's the case, then they desperately need to do something about the other frames, otherwise Umbra is going to be the only choice to play.

Archived