Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Passive

(PSN)Bailey_2205

Can the war  have some type of passive or a buff as it is a weapon of the the stalker himself, since the galatine prime it felt very underpowered to use again. It was one of the best weapons but now its being forgotten about by eveyone, myself included (if DE Could at least look at this and consider it im sure many people would appreciate it myself included)

Edited by (PS4)Bailey_2205
Extra info

Sry mate,

the War dont have a passive like the Galatine, but the good thing is his dmg is constant on all fractions.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Bailey_2205:

Can the war  have some type of passive or a buff as it is a weapon of the the stalker himself, since the galatine prime it felt very underpowered to use again. It was one of the best weapons but now its being forgotten about by eveyone, myself included

Galatine Prime underpowert , the best joke i have heard even without her Passive she can overpower every other weapon ,

as exempel regular crit buld for Galatine and Scoliace,

Scoliace wins in terms of range but galatine outperfomrs the Scoliace with a 3,5x multiplier if the Scoliace has a 6x multiplier + her passiv isent includet

(even if you use 1 slot for a Riven form ore range and speed the galatine is doing more damage with a 3,5x Multiplier)

the only thing becouse she isent played recently anymore is becouse of the Focus Tree Skill changes but if you play her with Volt get the rigth Stance and you can hit your way trough the enemys faster as some medium players can jump the hallway xD

1 hour ago, Sokker1 said:

Sry mate,

the War dont have a passive like the Galatine, but the good thing is his dmg is constant on all fractions.

Galatine Prime underpowert , the best joke i have heard even without her Passive she can overpower every other weapon ,

Scoliace wins in terms of range but galatine outperfomrs the Scoliace with a 3,5x multiplier if the Scoliace has a 6x multiplier + her passiv isent includet

(even if you use 1 slot for a Riven form ore range and speed the galatine is doing more damage with a 3,5x Multiplier)

the only thing becouse she isent played recently anymore is becouse of the Focus Tree Skill changes but if you play her with Volt get the rigth Stance and you can hit your way trough the enemys faster as some medium players can jump the hallway xD

Perfect use of english is one thing, I think you misunderstood the question, read it again, maybe a few times more and think about it once again.

1 hour ago, Sokker1 said:

Sry mate,

He was talking about the war being underpowered compared to the galatine. Not the other way around lol

5 hours ago, Sokker1 said:

Sry mate,

@Sokker1 I think you should take a minute to re-read the original post and realize he was saying that the Galatine Prime overpowers the War (I agree the war does now feel underpowered and outdated) and adding a passive to the War could help make more people interested in using the War again. Now take a couple of minutes to re-read your own post and help me understand what you are even talking about...

8 hours ago, (PS4)Bailey_2205 said:

It was one of the best weapons but now its being forgotten about by eveyone, myself included

Here's a tip: you can still play al the current and future content with the War and not be at all limited. That it doesn't match a Prime weapon is a rather stupid comparison to make.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the War still at least relatively powerful...? I mean, I don't own it but I think the stats look good and according to the wiki it has the second highest base damage of all the heavy blades. Passives are still cool though... I'm not saying it needs one, but something like "You gain resistance to the next 4 damage types parried for the next 10 seconds" would be pretty cool and fit the whole Sentient motif of the blade.

On June 16, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Sokker1 said:

Sry mate,

The galatine prime doesn't have any passives and i didnt say the galatine prime felt underpowered, and also im not talking about any synergies or combo multiplers, just raw damage and i understand its not a prime but who says sentient weapons wave to be worse than primes. The stalkers weapons should be special, even if there not primes.

Edited by (PS4)Bailey_2205
Extra info

On June 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, LightningsVengance said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the War still at least relatively powerful...? I mean, I don't own it but I think the stats look good and according to the wiki it has the second highest base damage of all the heavy blades. Passives are still cool though... I'm not saying it needs one, but something like "You gain resistance to the next 4 damage types parried for the next 10 seconds" would be pretty cool and fit the whole Sentient motif of the blade.

Exactly you like you and i said it is a sentint weapon

On 2018-06-16 at 11:29 PM, LightningsVengance said:

It’s one of the strongest Weapons but it’s impact damage. Arca Titron (my main Melee weapon) is impact too but it can proc Slash as often. War, not so much. But that would be a nice passive for the War.

War "passive ability" - upon seeing the huge sword the enemies decides it is best not to get cleaved by that
they will stand off from the longest possible distance and go into berserk mode and fire their weapons at +200% fire rate in attempt to saturate the player with gun fire.

Not all passive abilities are useful.

On 2018-06-16 at 5:18 PM, Sokker1 said:

Sry mate,

Do I hate people who rush to comment without at least trying to understand what it is about, is it lacking in likes or something like?

@Topic

We have some good weapons where deserves an passive, i hope the melee rework will bring something like.

Edited by --Peter--

The War already has the passive ability of always procing impact on normal attacks, effectively keeping enemies permanently staggered right now.

War is already a good weapon statwise, its just not as good as Galatine Prime and the newly introduced Heavy Blade zaws because Slash damage is more powerful than Impact/Puncture right now. When they change Impact procs to be something better and give them the ability to stack (thereby becoming more powerful over time), War will become a very powerful weapon, quite possibly the strongest in its class. Until then, just accept that War is a style choice, not a meta choice.

On 2018-06-20 at 10:00 AM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

War "passive ability" - upon seeing the huge sword the enemies decides it is best not to get cleaved by that
they will stand off from the longest possible distance and go into berserk mode and fire their weapons at +200% fire rate in attempt to saturate the player with gun fire.

Not all passive abilities are useful.

Maybe what you said with increased reload time too ant make war redirect damage

• 2 weeks later...
On June 16, 2018 at 8:59 PM, (PS4)Bailey_2205 said:

Can the war  have some type of passive or a buff as it is a weapon of the the stalker himself, since the galatine prime it felt very underpowered to use again. It was one of the best weapons but now its being forgotten about by eveyone, myself included (if DE Could at least look at this and consider it im sure many people would appreciate it myself included)

I feel like people are misunderstanding my point im not saying its bad because it may not be the best, as an ignis main (prebuff) i know if u enjoy a weapon its damage is irrelevant, but i just feel like its just another weapon, but i can see it is supposed to be something great, and thats why i feel like it needs a passive, not just a proc because thats why we have status. Personally I've always ended up enjoying the unique weapons more than the meta but the war hasn't got anything unique going for it besides disposition but thats just a bandaid, just because we have rivens doesn't mean the base weapon stats/mechanics should be ignored.

Maybe they could also buff the mod Shattering Impact scale with the weapon's Impact rating so that weapons like War (and hammers) can reliably go through armor without relying too much on attack speed or slash procs. The real problem here is how underwhelming impact (and puncture) damage is compared to slash.

• Original:
    • Shattering Impact is a melee mod that permanently reduces an enemy's base armor by 1(max 6) per rank upon dealing Impact b Impact damage with a melee weapon.
  • To:
    • Shattering Impact is a melee mod that permanently reduces an enemy's base armor by 1( max 6) per rank + (0.7 x Total Impact Damage of melee weapon) upon dealing Impact b Impact damage with a melee weapon. Double the effect on enemies afflicted with Cold.
Edited by ganjou234