Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Excalibur variants share the same flaw

Magneu

Radial Javelin. It does ok damage, but has zero scalability, has a very short stun, targets 12 enemies max, and costs 75 energy. The ability looks cool as hell though, so I propose altering it instead of getting rid of it.

1. Reduce radius to between twelve and eighteen meters. This becomes important later.

2. Force a puncture proc on each affected enemy. Although it's only -30% damage now, that's supposed to change eventually with damage rework. This would help Excalibur survive a bit more, along with reducing damage to squadmates. They just got impaled by a javelin, seems puncture-y to me.

3. Add 3 to the combo counter for each enemy hit. This gives the player the ability to instantly add up to 36 hits on their counter, which would be incredibly helpful for people using hammers, greatswords, or short-range weapons. It also rewards players that dive into the fray due to the shorter range of the ability. Maybe add a 10 second cooldown to this aspect, to prevent spamming to get to ridiculous counter levels?

4. Add a temporary buff to Excalibur. This could be something simple like temporary armor, a 50-75% reduction to the next 12 hits against him (or however many targets were affected by javelins), or something like making affected enemies take double melee damage for the next 10 seconds. Furious Javelin exists, although it really could use a small buff. Maybe roll it into the ability?

5 Make Radial Javelin affected by Chromatic Blade. It uses the Exalted Blade, so it should gain the same affect as the blade itself. This would help due to (a) elemental damage scaling better than physical in most cases, and (b) forcing a status proc of the players choice (javelining 12 enemies and hitting them all with blast procs would look pretty amazing).

With all some/all of these changes, Radial Javelin would actually become useful, instead of being a way for players to waste energy/time at extract or nuke those pesky level 20 enemies.

Still better than the old Super jump ! 😄

But yes, i rarely if ever use it, even if exalibroken really needs a good 360 aoe when enemies are surrounding him. 

I vote for the 5th idea !

Edited by Kyryo