The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hit registration bugged - no damage

Kajyi

As you can see I clearly have my crosshair on the trooper and you can see the light effects on the guns so I am shooting, but it's like the bullets don't even exist or just fly through. This is not an exclusive bug for Dex Pixia. I've also encountered the same problem with the Soma Prime and the people I was with in this mission also mentioned having the same problem. I hope this gets fixed ASAP as this is pretty much gamebreaking.

20180616212111_1.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sacaltor:

Looks like this bug happens when you displace enemy like with grav pull or melee falling attack.

After they getting up from ragdoll animation they you can't shoot them anymore. -_-

I'm not sure if it is necessary to ragdoll/knock them down first for them to be bugged, but it is definatly more reliable when trying to replicate the bug. Had a Zehpyr in one mission... it was horrible. But I also had the bug against a Nox that I hadn't seen anyone touch before me.

20180616215951_1.jpg

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Crossfente:

Any zephyr in your team that spam her second ability at all ? I found that if i spam zephyr second ability, enemy got ragdolled and got back up became invulnerable to you.

Indeed, ragdolling seems to be one of the ways to potencially bug out enemies, but as I meantioned in my last post I don't think ragdolling is mandatory for the bug to occur.

I get this happening at least once per mission. In some cases the enemy is just coming into view and is already untouchable. No rag-dolling at all. This was not happening prior to sacrifice release for me.

Edited by Papa-Kilo

4 hours ago, Crossfente said:

Any zephyr in your team that spam her second ability at all ? I found that if i spam zephyr second ability, enemy got ragdolled and got back up became invulnerable to you.

not only ragdolls - 

I've been getting this a ton with the heavy gunners, but it happens to the other units as well. It seems like the hitbox has been moved, sometimes shooting around the enemy will deal damage numbers in places a bit off from the model. Using the Operator's Aoe attacks can make the hitboxes easier to find. Managed to replicate it in simulacrum with intents of posting a recording, but I never actually began recording! Might try again later. Enemies seem to just stand in place once it takes effect.

9 hours ago, Sacaltor said:

Looks like this bug happens when you displace enemy like with grav pull or melee falling attack.

After they getting up from ragdoll animation they you can't shoot them anymore. -_-

Anything that "ragdolls" enemies seems to be the primary culprit, atm.

This happends often after knocking enemy down, bullets just go thru enemies after they got up. (tested with soma prime/tigris prime). This seems to not affect whole team, sometimes my squad still could damage the enemy

49 minutes ago, Marswipp said:

I've seen issue this too.  Displacement errors can happen with lag, so it could be a bug in the network code.  Outside of that, it is annoying to anyone who cares about shot placement.

it's not a lag issue, since it happens in solo mode, but lag might make it worse.

Got this issue during an endo farm in rathuum, my shots weren't hitting the enemy despite wounds, as if they're invulnerable. They weren't as I shot them with operator, registering as normal.

Had this even more during normal play, quite bizarre for a bug like this to pop up after the sacrifice update.

Adding another reply to the fire.

Most hitscan weapons are unable to hit after ragdolling, but many not-hitscan weapons work (though some also don't work, because nothing's ever easy.)  Some players report that rolling fixes it, but I've had no luck with that.  I know it also effects other players, after watching an entire cell try taking down a toxic ancient from afar, with predictable results.

The more perplexing thing is that not all skills or effects that ragdoll seem to replicate the bug.  Whatever happened with the code has well and truly broken shooting game-wide.

I'm experiencing this bug too. Though, im running around with exalted blade, I'll notice some enemies just dont register the hits, so I put it away and pull out my gun, which seems to damage them fine. I have seen groups of mobs spawn being initially immune to my blade projectiles, without being knocked down, so hmm...