Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why has the mass of constructive criticism on Kuva Survival been ignored?

True_Naeblis

The game seems to be to placate players after major changes by saying, "'X' isn't in it's final form yet, we'll continue looking at your feedback," and then never saying another word about it once the topic dies down. So much feedback was given before it was even released as to why it needed scaling, the issues with life support, etc., all of it was ignored, and now nothing is happening with it. I'm seeing at the moment that it's all about nodding, smiling, then ignoring the well thought out feedback given on game modes, features, and so on. As of now, Saryn appears to be getting taken down the same tract, as was the Ash rework, as are Ember and Banshee. Repeated requests for changes to the Cetus rep and gathering systems have been ignored, and it seems are poised to be repeated on Venus.

I understand DE having a vision for the game, but telling players that their feedback matters then ignoring it when it is detailed, reasoned out, and supported by the majority of others, on top of being intelligent and in keeping with Warframe as a whole isn't very appealing.

Look at feedback doesn’t mean they’ll change anything. They already answered this by saying that the game isn’t meant to be played for long sessions, it’s “bite sized” 

And I’m guessing this is about scaling kuva. It won’t happen since it’ll push every run to go as far as possible, meta builds and frames will be mandatory and toxicity will rise

9 minutes ago, (PS4)BURALEH said:

No point in me doing Survival because I seem to get more Kuva and quicker from Flood Extermination etc so Please DE make Kuva Survival more rewarding ty

You realize that's the point, right?

Kuva Survival is more Kuva per minute than regular Kuva Siphons, but less Kuva per minute (on Average) than Kuva Floods. It's the In-between, as DE has stated, and it's fulfilling its design purpose.

The way I, and many other players do it is:
- Do Kuva Flood

- Jump into Survival

- Do two 20-ish minute Rounds

-Do next Hour Rotation's Kuva Flood, Repeat

Bonus: Do Regular Kuva quick missions (Exterminates, Capture, Etc.) if you just need a quick top off for next Roll.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

On 2018-06-16 at 5:22 PM, GinKenshin said:

Look at feedback doesn’t mean they’ll change anything. They already answered this by saying that the game isn’t meant to be played for long sessions, it’s “bite sized” 

And I’m guessing this is about scaling kuva. It won’t happen since it’ll push every run to go as far as possible, meta builds and frames will be mandatory and toxicity will rise

I'm not simply referring to scaling, I'm also referring to things as simple as enough life support dropping so that people don't have to Nekros meta the content just to survive. It's very inconsistent the way DE punishes meta on one hand then forces it on others. Some requirements are fine, but having no choice in certain elements of composition for something that could be polished with a simple tweak to correct is bad design. The meta is already necessary to stay in even as long as 30 minutes comfortably. Worse still is that it's something that was brought up in detail before and after release and completely ignored.

As to scaling, there is a middle ground of it increasing to a certain point then capping, as per other endless missions. It doesn't harm me; if I need Kuva I simply do floods as they appear and leave it at that, because the grind in other modes just isn't worth it to me anymore. It's just in poor taste for them to say that the mode isn't complete, that they're listening to our feedback, then all of it is ignored.

I cant speak for DE but here in the forum most people especially the jaded veterans are downright phobic of any criticism or feedback they dont like of this game and will immediately try to shut you down. I highly doubt DE is as unapproachable to suggestions and feedback as this community can be.

1) it isn't meant to scale, it isn't meant to push people to several hour runs... some people said that they think it should? Fine. Apparently DE disagrees and I disagree as well.

2) you need 1 nekros on the squad if you want to be able to use every single tower for kuva instead of life support. I am fine with this.

3) I think a lot of people read "kuva survival" and seriously jumped the gun, thinking they'd be able to get tens of thousands of kuva in an hour. It's not meant to surpass kuva floods, period.

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Cause the amount of people saying something doesn't mean that it's a good thing. If DE always did exactly what the majority of players wanted we'd still have coptering, or worse, players standing in place while the mapwide univac would collect all drops for them everywhere.

This. A loud minority pining for something does not mean it's automatically something beneficial for the game. The fact that requested changes aren't implemented doesn't mean it was ignored either. This stuff should be obvious ..

Kinda don't care if it's meant to be 'bite sized' or a filler... I like to feel as I've been rewarded for my time and potentially, depending on the team etc, effort.

Can't say I feel that way with the current reward.