Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epiphany (IC/Discussion) - [SPOILERS]

Schiro

ID: TennoSCHIRO_
LOGDATE: 20181606_
SUBJECT: Theories, Epiphany_

It has been aproximately twenty hours, seventeen minutes, seven seconds and counting since I established the firm Transferance link with the Umbra frame. Since solidifying the Transference link, I have been attempting to reconcile Codex entries regarding Warframe technology with the newer information gathered from my memories; rather, Umbra's memories.

Firstly, I have to reconsider a fundamental concept that I had believed about Warframe technology. Prime Warframes were, I had thought, the prototypes for the suits we use in the modern era; that our suits were the hastily recalled blueprints drawn from the memories of those who had been asleep until recently. I see now that I was mistaken, and I posit a new theory instead;

Prime Warframes are, in fact, the finished and complete product that the Orokin had intended. The existence of Umbra, an early model of Excalibur, one that exhibits erratic behavior even when proper Transference links are established, is evidence of this. These are the originals, the prototypes. Still maintaining some semblance of consciousness from their previous form, of my previous life.

Their. Not mine. Their lives. Their memories. His. Umbra's.

This would make Prime Warframes, in their gilded glory, finished products. Immense, powerful, golden warriors that the Orokin would loose upon the battles they wished to be won. However, these Warframes had a drawback; in an age before Tenno controlled then, when a Frame was lost, it was presumably destroyed. I understand that this is an assumption on my part, but it is needed to make the next jump in logic.

Warframes, as we know them now, are still Orokin made. They are the mass-produced versions, meant to overwhelm with sheer numbers, and as such are more cost effective in terms of resources to create the Bio-metal Exosuit, and wouldn't be missed if they happened to fall in battle.

History plays out from here. Warframes go berserk, Transference is discovered as a means to control them, and the Dreamers overthrow the Golden Gods. Such is the way of the world. Such is how we have been brought forth.

Many questions still remain.

Why were we on the Zariman?

How were we on the Zariman?

How did we survive?

Why did I kill him?

For now, my head hurts. I miss her._

END OF LOG

LOG_BROADCAST_ALL_

TRANSMISSION IN PROGRESS_

TRANSMISSION COMPLETE_

ALLOW_REPLY: Y_

|

Edited by Schiro
wHOOPS SPOILERS

ID: Plague Doctor_
LOGDATE: [redacted, do not trace this message]
SUBJECT: A fascinating find._

The prospect of my closest ally and, if I can call it, or him, a friend, being within many of the Tenno had always intrigued me. And now, with this new information of a Warframe with its own will, shaped by it, while retaining its own agenda... it is nothing short of fascinating.

The Umbra, a walking relic of Orokin Past. As old as the Derelicts I have scoured for the fruit of knowledge. How I would love to carve him open just to study how such a beautiful union between the vessel of man and the touch of disease had been achieved.

I had read rumors in the old Orokin databases. Rumors of the Warframes of old, ones who could move of their own accord. I can't wrap my head around it.

This whole ordeal had shed new light on Helminth's... er, the Helminth's existence. I know for a fact that the base strain is present around nearly every Tenno's orbiter. We knew it was formed somehow during the Old War. But cultivated as opposed to harvested? Its existence was ordered, not discovered.

Additionally, I have seen schematics of Warframes of curious design, even older than the Umbra's markings. Proto-armour, they called it. The blade Warframe, Excalibur, seemed to have a model even less refined than Umbra. Volt, more so. Even the second Warframe of creation, Nyx, had an ancient design that does not match Orokin architecture.

Lastly, myself. The Plague Incarnate. A Nidus, a nest of twisted life and half death... what was my purpose? Perhaps the actual first Warframe? A shell of nothing but flesh, a proof-of-concept to the Orokin that the Infestation could be manipulated just right? Was my body once nothing but an experiment, cast aside when their first, true warrior, Excalibur, was conceived?

I may be able to help you with some of your last questions. The Zariman, a colonization ship with the Tau system as its destination. Sent through the Void to shorten travel time by nearly 76%. The presence of the Tenno on that first ship was illegal, a mistake, if I am correct. As for how you survived the madness of that dark world, I suspect it affects the way the brain grows and creates neurons. As children, we did not have fully developed brains in our skulls. But the adults did. Perhaps our lack of the same grey matter protected us from whatever violent, savage influence the Void cursed the mature with? Then of course, as the Old War raged, and the Orokin needed more of their supernatural child-soldiers, they sent the Varida, the Koppra, the Manduka, or if you were some spoiled Orokin brat the Saita, all into the Void.

Your last two questions remain mysterious to me. Who is he? Who is her?

POST SCRIPTUM: Also, as of late, Sentient presence across the system has spiked by 10%, which is quite alarming. Yesterday I found a Sentient masquerading as a Morphics Stabilizer in my own Void-Damn dojo. Perhaps there are others out there who can explain this worrisome phenomenon?

END OF LOG

LOG_BROADCAST_ALL {exclude:= plagueWatch.12897|OBS.12879|ezm.98767}

TRANSMISSION IN PROGRESS_

MASKING LOCATION_

MASKING SUCCESSFUL_

TRANSMISSION COMPLETE_

ALLOW_REPLY: Y_