Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm the only one a bit disappointed with Umbra "thing" (spoiler)

Kelpie77

Hi everyone
in this posts there are spoilers for Sacrifice; they are midly spoiler, but are spoiler nonetheless!!!

I did The Sacrifice quest, and long story short i reaaaaaaaaally liked it. It's the best thing happend to me in a mmo since... wel... since The War Within and Second Dream i did last Christmas 😄
But before that it was almost 10 year i did'nt played a quest so emotionally intense. Wow. Chapeau. Great work DE!!

Besides, there is a thing i did'nt like... the Umbra passive "specter" mode. I mean: is canon wise a real important thing and have really sense; besides, is a cool feature, you swap to operator and umbra still fight alongside you.

BUT

sometime i swap to operator mode to use void mode invulnerabiliy; i spent way less time than most of the high level players on operator, ok, but with a couple arcane and a good amp i sometime use operator to tank and spank enemies while the warframe are resting untouched on one side, useful for rescuing fellow downed or go through a corridor full of packed enemies; i also used to pass by enemies in a couple of spy third-sortie-missions!
Against sentients, i switch to operator and fight them with the right combination of void beam and alternate fire. Conculist are really easy: void mode their whirlwind attacks and hit secondary fire 3 times and BAM are gone.

Then imagine my surprise while i was fighting the mimics/conculists/etc with operator, then came back and found my warframe at 13 health... O_o
So... there is a way to disable the thing?

because if there are nothing to let him resist damage or regerate while in umbra mode, i guess its a BIIIIG downside...

The vulnerable Umbra passive is definitely a downside.
It's cool and all to have your warframe follow you and fight while in operator mode, "Chapeau" to that I'd take that on every warframe anytime (With a set of command of course), however the fact that your AI controlled warframe is taking damage and getting you killed outside of your manipulation is a dangerous trade for something that's "Passive"

13 минут назад, Kelpie77 сказал:

i sometime use operator to tank and spank enemies while the warframe are resting untouched on one side, useful for rescuing fellow downed or go through a corridor full of packed enemies; i also used to pass by enemies in a couple of spy third-sortie-missions

That actually makes game waaaay to easy. Anytime you can just pop out and chill in the Void.   And you can safely move out of danger at insane speed with Void dash...that is unlimited if there are enemies (it restores 10 energy for every enemy hit).   Kinda ruins gameplay imo....as you can just ignore enemies altogether in some missions. 

I have my "hardcore fun" with Umbra.    I like how i have to protect and support him with my super OP Void dash CC. And also some other Tenno abilities that an disable enemies pretty hard. 

another flaw i discovered...
sometime, to reach very distant spot, i use operator -> void dash several time -> transference again and summon warframe to my spot
with umbra, i summon operator back into umbra

and that one thing really cool sometime! i really wish there is a way to switch back to warframe (very useful when eidolon throw your operator miles away... 😐 ) but sometime is a real hindrance 😞

PS: another thing i noticed is today everyone is an umbra. I did two mission where everyone was an umbra. And that's okay, everyone whanna try it... but it's strange nonetheless 😄

Edited by Kelpie77