Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want the old Exalted system back

WaveOz

1 minute ago, RacerDelux said:

Exodias don't work, I tested this.

Tested wrong then.

The Gladiator bit looks and smells like a glitch, and will be patched soon if I were to guess.

Potentially, DE's exact fix regarding Glad mods recently was:

''Fixed UI displaying double Set Mod bonuses when equipped on a regular and Exalted weapon. Set Mods only affect regular Melee weapons.''

Given the Set mod bonus still affects Unique weapons I'm interpreting this to mean ''Set Mods Bonuses are only affected by regular Melee weapons''. This is further supported by the fact that what they did was fix the UI so that only one (melee weapons) affects the bonus, which leads me to conclude that they're totally okay with Unique weapons benefiting from Gladiator mods, else they would have simply said they disabled the interaction.

Given that equipping them on your weapon is the only way of possibly building the set, and they're okay with Unique weapons benefiting from said set then it seems likely that this is intended.

Arguably the old Exalted system was better for general game play. Because it while you used the same amount of Forma in your builds you weren't committing all that Forma to a single frame. Part of that Forma was spread out over the frame as well as various "donor" weapons. Which you could use on other frames and in other situations. 

So there is a definite hit especially to new players when it comes to any frame with an Exalted weapon. Because there is now no general purpose gain to the player for the overall build.

That said....... the new system seems to have finally fixed some sorely needed issues with Exalted weapons. Like not being restricted by Sortie Weapon Mutators (which I honestly thought they had addressed but apparently hadn't) as well as triggering mods like Growing Power as well as Arcanes. 

Tho they probably could have made those fixes part of a QoL roll out without making the Exalted weapons their own forma hungry monsters. 

My only two gripes so far is that 

1. The change could put new players off of really trying any frame with an Exalted Weapon due to the direct increase in overall forma for the build.
  2. We don't (and no I'm not going to stop being salty about this) get any mastery XP for leveling the Exalted Weapons. If they are going to make us level them and add forma to them..... the least they could so is give us MR like any other weapon we have to level/forma. And no.... just making them magically start out as lvl 30 doesn't change that, if anything it feels like a cop out. 

The new system adds loadout freedom so we don’t have to use specific builds just for one ability. The only sacrifice you’ll have to make is the time spent forma-ing, which is something every longtime player has done. Putting forma on the exalted weapons will be no different than forma-ing the next couple of weapons you’ll obtain. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

1 minute ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

The new system adds loadout freedom so we don’t have to use specific builds just for one ability. The only sacrifice you’ll have to make is the time spent forma-ing, which is something every longtime player has done. Putting forma on the exalted weapons will be no different than forma-ing the next couple of weapons you’ll obtain. 

Except there will never be a "new" exalted weapon that replaces the one you just formad. It is a one time thing.

Just now, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

The new system adds loadout freedom so we don’t have to use specific builds just for one ability. The only sacrifice you’ll have to make is the time spent forma-ing everything, which is something every longtime player has done. Putting forma on the exalted weapons will be no different than forma-ing the next couple of weapons you’ll obtain. 

No it's very different because it turns a 2-3 forma build for a single frame into a 3-6+ forma fuild for a single frame. 

Freedom was putting 2-3 forma into a weapon that I could then take, change up the mod loadout if I felt like it and use on any other frame. 

There are definitely some niche gains but there is also a major hit to general purpose progression. 

Just now, Oreades said:

No it's very different because it turns a 2-3 forma build for a single frame into a 3-6+ forma fuild for a single frame. 

Freedom was putting 2-3 forma into a weapon that I could then take, change up the mod loadout if I felt like it and use on any other frame. 

There are definitely some niche gains but there is also a major hit to general purpose progression. 

I am not sure what you mean by "major hit". I finished formaing my exalted weapons yesterday. Like done. No more.

5 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

Except there will never be a "new" exalted weapon that replaces the one you just formad. It is a one time thing.

Except for the regular, prime, and umbra variants that all new to be forma'd separately, right? It's not like founders will be dumping Excal Prime just because Umbra exists.

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except for the regular, prime, and umbra variants that all new to be forma'd separately, right? It's not like founders will be dumping Excal Prime just because Umbra exists.

You are twisting my words. You know what I meant there. Unbra Excal will never have a new Umbra Excal exalted blade that makes the old blade obsolete. It took 5 years to get three versions of excal. I would be astonished if people found that rate of release too fast.

In fact, given it's relevant, Guardian Derision also works with your Unique Weapon whilst equipped on your melee weapon.

It's still a stat stick, just not a damage stat stick... I'm actually okay with this, because I can get GD's effect and Glad mod bonus without actually equipping them. I'll take that over using other melee weapons any day.

I forma'd my umbra's exalted blade today and it only took 6 waves of ESO to max it from 0 to 30 and their was a host migration problem so I didn't get the bonus xp you get at the end of a successful mission so I could of done in 4 waves probably. Granted I had an affinity booster but still it is fast.

Being able to mod exalted weapons seperatly from whatever weapon it used to use the mods from is fantastic and a more than welcome change.

Just take a smeeta and you'll get your exalted weapon forma'd in no time.

2 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

You are twisting my words. You know what I meant there. Unbra Excal will never have a new Umbra Excal exalted blade that makes the old blade obsolete. It took 5 years to get three versions of excal. I would be astonished if people found that rate of release too fast.

And yet what I stated is entirely true and collectors will have to forma each variant separately. Just think how painful Titania Prime will be one day. Also, meta frames like Mesa can't be left unforma'd while we wait for her Prime version so you will have to forma the regular and then the Prime later.

As for not giving mastery that is a good thing as it would make Excalibur worth 9k mastery compared to Ember's 6k. Also, Titania would be worth 12k so it simply wouldn't be fair to players that wouldn't have access to certain prime versions.

I am not sure what you mean by "major hit". I finished formaing my exalted weapons yesterday. Like done. No more.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of a new player someone who doesn't have 40+ Forma just laying around. For people like (I assume) you or me, it isn't a huge imposition it's just slogging around in Hydron for a few hours. 

For new players on the other hand it is a substantial hit. 

Because with the old system for example, working through my Titania build ate ~4 Forma on the Frame and another 4 Forma on my Zarr. So even if I decided not to use my Titania on a mission I still had the option of taking a really nice Zarr with another frame. With the new system you're looking at sinking ~8+ forma just into the Titania and you get no other general benefit from it.

That is the major hit. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Unfortunately that is still the case, Gladiator's set bonus only increases by having it on your melee weapon, not your Unique one. The bonus however is still applied to the Unique weapon.

Basically, you're still going to end up using your melee as a stat stick, and fill it with 3 Gladiator mods whether it benefits the weapon or not. 

And if we're talking maximum power then don't forget Exodias, which require you to have a Zaw equipped. 

@Streaky_Haddock, above response aplies to you as well.

Have you tried The Exalted Staff on Wukong? It's soooo much better. The extra forma will be worth it.

4 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Have you tried The Exalted Staff on Wukong? It's soooo much better. The extra forma will be worth it.

... Yes? :suspicion:

I mean, that's what I was referring to.

Edited by DeMonkey

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Try to put yourself in the shoes of a new player someone who doesn't have 40+ Forma just laying around. For people like (I assume) you or me, it isn't a huge imposition it's just slogging around in Hydron for a few hours. 

For new players on the other hand it is a substantial hit. 

Because with the old system for example, working through my Titania build ate ~4 Forma on the Frame and another 4 Forma on my Zarr. So even if I decided not to use my Titania on a mission I still had the option of taking a really nice Zarr with another frame. With the new system you're looking at sinking ~8+ forma just into the Titania and you get no other general benefit from it.

That is the major hit. 

If you are a new player, nothing you have is best-in-class. A new player doesn't have fully formaed weapons or prime frames. They don't have fully rank mods and are probably even missing several "essential" prime mods. You get by and work towards those goals, to get better gear and better builds. But it doesn't prevent you from playing the game. The same is true here. Mesa's peacemaker will shred through sortie enemies even with just 1 forma in it. It'll just take a couple of seconds more doing it, than if it had 4 formas. It's not like that makes peacemaker, or any of the exalted weapons, useless.

Just now, CaptainStrawberry said:

Am I wrong? I just tried it on MOT and it did quite well. 

I just edited my post, I was referring to it in my post that you quoted.

I just refuse to call it an Exalted weapon because it's not an accurate descriptive.

15 minutes ago, rune_me said:

If you are a new player, nothing you have is best-in-class. A new player doesn't have fully formaed weapons or prime frames. They don't have fully rank mods and are probably even missing several "essential" prime mods. You get by and work towards those goals, to get better gear and better builds. But it doesn't prevent you from playing the game. The same is true here. Mesa's peacemaker will shred through sortie enemies even with just 1 forma in it. It'll just take a couple of seconds more doing it, than if it had 4 formas. It's not like that makes peacemaker, or any of the exalted weapons, useless.

I was about to say exactly this. New players probably won't even have all of the exalted frames anyway...

So, I finished leveling all of my exalted weapons (even wukong which I said I was not going to do). So things i learned; They level faster then just about anything in the game. I managed to make a build were Iron Staff can red crit (that's before double avengers even kick in). The Dex Pixias are ridiculously strong now, it melts level 100s. Valkyrs talons are alright, not fan of the short range really and Exalted blade is really strong too. Mesa is still the same. Overall after you get past the leveling part I think its definitely better now.

29 minutes ago, rune_me said:

No they don't have those things which is why where they place every forma is extremely important to them. 

When they are looking where to put their forma the change is going to put frames with Exaulted weapons closer to the bottom of their list. 

I know for me there was a good chunk of time where I wouldn't even consider anything over a 2 forma build because I just didn't have access to the resources. So if I'm given the option of putting 2 Forma in a Weapon and 2 Forma in a frame or 4 Forma in a fram. I'd have taken the 2/2 every single time because that gets me the most bang for my buck. 

Past me would have laughed at the notion that I would ever have a 6 Forma Ignis Wraith or a 5 Forma Zarr amongst misc other 3-5 Forma weapons. And there is a good chance that if this system had been in place back then I might have never given Titania a second look and she is hands down my favorite frame. 

So it is very concerning to me that this change could put others off to the idea of any frame with an Exalted weapon simply by proxy of knowing that the build cost is that much higher.  

There are pros and cons to the new exalted system, but the pros outweight the cons. Yes, you have to forma way more but who cares honestly. Gives us stuff to do for those of us sitting of stacks and stacks of forma, you can either buy packs of 3 for 35p really cheap or craft them daily.
And now you can have powerful builds while being able to use your weapon of choice. If someone is leveling weapons passively while using an exalted weapon frame (not necessarily getting all the kills with the frame using the exalted), you were forced to at least have a forma'd weapon with full mods build that affected that exalted, wasting 1 weapon slot or wasting mod slots in those weapons to have more fire rate for the exalted. I just slapped some mods on Valkyr's talons without formaing and not a full build yet, and I kept criting for 60k+ everytime, it's nuts and now we're free to have whatever build on melees we want (if you wanna wear a melee at all).

Edit: And apparently after reading comments in this thread and in the past, it passively increased the QoL for the builds. Now you don't need to ask yourself "what weapon should I use for this frame?" because they didn't matter anyway, only the mods in them, but many people seem to complain that their X weapon stats are now lower or gone when they weren't there to begin with.

Edited by Kiwinille

Yeah.

Let's have it back.

The system we totally loved that I felt was pretty damn useless when I used a melee that had crit-rush build whereas my exalted weapons are excluded from. Let's completely revert these changes just because it demands more forma, an investment.

I mean, it's not like they helped open up more gear options to tackle our enemies much less be handicapped by 'weapon x-only' sorties. Now I can use life strike on excal, which I have dumped to open up more space on my normal melees but now sits neatly on exalted blade.

I apologize if my response looks cynical but you seriously need to get over yourself and adapt.