Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want the old Exalted system back

WaveOz

This post sound narrow minded *hehe. The new system free up modding. I can run a mesa with a status built regulator while wielding a crit based side arm. DE is just trying to slowly remove people being forced to play a certain way and allowing variety. 

Also, saying you "demand" a game mechanic back make it sound childish and easily overlooked.

Status built regulators.. Foolish. A weapon, exalted or otherwise, is a "crit weapon" or "status weapon" when it clearly leans to one or the other. Peacemakers definitely lean toward crit, and you'll get all the status procs you could ever want due to the insane rate of fire. This means more forma though, yes =/

I generally like to max things out.  For exalted weapons in this update I have put 3 Forma on Umbra, Mesa, and Ivara.  Valkyr I did 1 Forma cause I decided to fit the new mods on there just for laughs and it works fine.  Titania I ended up modding with 0 Forma and to be honest I didn't see a way to really squeeze out that much more with adding some polarities.  Wukong I haven't touched, bit hard to get into using him.  

This is just what I ended up doing.  Obviously there's more than one way to mod these.  A simple and effective build can be had with no Forma if you want it.  I'm happy to have some things to work on and play with for a while.  It shouldn't be "the end of the world" that one has to modify a build or adjust to changes.  Part of the game since things can and do change around here.

Pffftttt hahahaha. You can't just demand things in general chat. DE don't really read here and go: hey, that's a genius idea. If you want any sort of voice heard, put a post in the suggestion forum. 

What you're doing here, is a common form of cancer knowen to most people as "asking for attention". 

On 2018-06-17 at 1:37 PM, renatro said:

When they first announced this new system i thought that it was going to benefit us in one way or another, i could also see where people were coming form when they were complain about it. It is only now that the resent update brought that rework that i realize how right these people complaining about the change were. Not only does it takes extra forma to upgrade the exalted weapons, it doesn't even gives you extra xp nor removes the capacity cap to these weapons.

This update feels more like a ripoff than a QoL change. good thing I've only upgraded the new umbra exalted blade. which has showed me how much of a pain in the ass upgrading all the other exalted weapons will be

CHANGE IT BACK!

a12.jpg

On 2018-06-18 at 4:11 AM, DeMonkey said:

Unfortunately that is still the case, Gladiator's set bonus only increases by having it on your melee weapon, not your Unique one. The bonus however is still applied to the Unique weapon.

Basically, you're still going to end up using your melee as a stat stick, and fill it with 3 Gladiator mods whether it benefits the weapon or not. 

And if we're talking maximum power then don't forget Exodias, which require you to have a Zaw equipped. 

@Streaky_Haddock, above response aplies to you as well.

But have we ever really used gladiator sets on stat sticks? Pre-rework ? and Gladiator mods are quite niche, and the benefit they provide are not that high. I would swap it out with something else

The exodia point holds true. Good point

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

I'm reasonably new to warframe, but I have noticed that alot of users does this, have things happened in the past that give people the impression that if they scream loud enough, the way get things changed?

In the 2+ years I've been playing and posting on the forums, there have been very few if any where this has been the case.  Of the one exception I can remember, people gave very good arguments and were respectful.  The Assimilate Nyx augment change was that situation.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2018-06-18 at 1:12 AM, TylerFreeman said:

I mean, it's not like they helped open up more gear options to tackle our enemies much less be handicapped by 'weapon x-only' sorties

So much this. When it comes to sorties on a lazy day it's either "Yay! I can Mesa cheese in this Secondary-Only Sortie" or "Bummer, melee only... Mesa's peacemaker is a no go,,,". Now I get so much more freedom in my loadouts. No more using Aklex for Mesa, Fragor for Atlas, Nikana for Excalibur, and so on. Bring it on, I want this update badly, forma waste and everything.

1 hour ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

But have we ever really used gladiator sets on stat sticks? Pre-rework ? and Gladiator mods are quite niche, and the benefit they provide are not that high. I would swap it out with something else

The exodia point holds true. Good point

I have, since their release.

Since they work just by equipping them on your normal melee weapon you have all the slots free on your Unique still. With my build I get 75% additional modded crit based on combo.

Given it doesn't actually cost me any mod slots (aside from the two on my frame) why would I not use them? :clem:

My empirical studies suggest that making demands in all caps is... less successful (to say the least).

chances are the exalted changes are here to stay, as quite few “fixes” by DE are ever reversed back to their previous state

On 2018-06-17 at 6:54 PM, rune_me said:

If you are a new player, nothing you have is best-in-class. A new player doesn't have fully formaed weapons or prime frames. They don't have fully rank mods and are probably even missing several "essential" prime mods. You get by and work towards those goals, to get better gear and better builds. But it doesn't prevent you from playing the game. The same is true here. Mesa's peacemaker will shred through sortie enemies even with just 1 forma in it. It'll just take a couple of seconds more doing it, than if it had 4 formas. It's not like that makes peacemaker, or any of the exalted weapons, useless.

Yeah i was about to post this very comment. I do love the "I care about new player" excuse. If they are a new player, like an actual new player, someone who hasn't done most if any of the quests, odds are they are trying their hardest to just develop 'base' mods. Primes are so far off into the distance and other than the damage mods that take up space they may, at best need 1 - 2 forma to socket in your serration and hornet strikes along with your multi shots. With melee your most expensive non super sought after mods (your condition overloads and primed mods) are the elementals which are 11 points. Even then there are ways to get around that. But, i digress, like you said "You get by and work towards those goals, to get better gear and better builds. But it doesn't prevent you from playing the game." -You work towards it-

On 2018-06-17 at 7:33 PM, Oreades said:

No they don't have those things which is why where they place every forma is extremely important to them. 

When they are looking where to put their forma the change is going to put frames with Exaulted weapons closer to the bottom of their list. 

I know for me there was a good chunk of time where I wouldn't even consider anything over a 2 forma build because I just didn't have access to the resources. So if I'm given the option of putting 2 Forma in a Weapon and 2 Forma in a frame or 4 Forma in a fram. I'd have taken the 2/2 every single time because that gets me the most bang for my buck. 

Past me would have laughed at the notion that I would ever have a 6 Forma Ignis Wraith or a 5 Forma Zarr amongst misc other 3-5 Forma weapons. And there is a good chance that if this system had been in place back then I might have never given Titania a second look and she is hands down my favorite frame. 

So it is very concerning to me that this change could put others off to the idea of any frame with an Exalted weapon simply by proxy of knowing that the build cost is that much higher.  

Well, yeah. If you have limited resources you have to make a call. All of us have been in that position at one time or another, I fail to see how this is a problem now. Some people will invest and some won't but there's more choices now for those people. Honestly i fail to see the problem you're outlining. People may have to make a choice whether or not to invest more forma into an exalted frame and because of this they may never use said frame? 

1 hour ago, PR1D3 said:

Yeah i was about to post this very comment. I do love the "I care about new player" excuse. If they are a new player, like an actual new player, someone who hasn't done most if any of the quests, odds are they are trying their hardest to just develop 'base' mods. Primes are so far off into the distance and other than the damage mods that take up space they may, at best need 1 - 2 forma to socket in your serration and hornet strikes along with your multi shots. With melee your most expensive non super sought after mods (your condition overloads and primed mods) are the elementals which are 11 points. Even then there are ways to get around that. But, i digress, like you said "You get by and work towards those goals, to get better gear and better builds. But it doesn't prevent you from playing the game." -You work towards it-

Well, yeah. If you have limited resources you have to make a call. All of us have been in that position at one time or another, I fail to see how this is a problem now. Some people will invest and some won't but there's more choices now for those people. Honestly i fail to see the problem you're outlining. People may have to make a choice whether or not to invest more forma into an exalted frame and because of this they may never use said frame? 

I don't know about you but when I have limited resources and I have to make a call about something....... I evaluate my options. 

When I went to place my first forma, I started looking up weapons and frame builds to determine where that single forma would do me the most good. That didn't change much when I got my second, third or even my fourth Forma. Straight to research to determine where I could best spend a resource that at the time was precious. For a very long time if I couldn't find a decent build that was at most 2 Forma, I moved on to the next weapon/frame. Because it was not a good ROI. 

The only reason I even looked into Exaulted weapons was because of the fact that it killed two birds with one stone. I could put a bit into a frame and a bit into a weapon. Worst case scenario I end up not liking the frame, I still have the weapon and vice versa. Where as the new system, you better like the frame cause that's all you're getting. 

I'm really not sure how that is a hard concept to grasp, then again for someone who views caring about the new player experience as an "excuse".... it becomes more evident.